Your lowest cal snack that satisfies you??

Options

Replies

• future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dole fruit naturals
    Dippin stix-
    Jolly time popcorn- 100 calorie mini bags
    100 calorie snack bags – Nabisco (cookie aisle)
    Skinny cow
    Cracker, lunchmeat, cheese
    Lean cuisine and smart ones now make frozen snacks like taquitos, and desserts!
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I swear I'm not being controversial, but I just don't like low cal snacks. They never fill me up. It's almost like they make me more hungry. I'd rather have something larger, planned into my daily meals, than a 90 calorie snack. Also the worst is a low cal low fat snack. It's like eating air!
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites is a thin slice of ham (30 calories) wrapped around a greek pepperoncini. It bursts open the pepperoncini juice and is delightful LOL. Another bite is 3 or 4 green olives, Another is a crunchy garlic dill pickle, are you seeing a pattern here?
    662410 Posts: 3
    Options
    This sounds crazy but ice cream!!! 1/2 cup (bigger than you think I promise) is relatively low in cals -- right now I am eating triple chocolate fudge brownie ice cream (not diet or anything - just the normal kind!) for only 170 cals!!! LOVE IT
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A few pieces of lean ham or turkey, go for the lowest calories, but most protein. :) They can be like 10 calories a slice.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, carbmaster yogurt, pork rinds, sugar free jello w/ fat free reddiwhip!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Tri colored bellpeppers... With 1 TBSP of Maries poppyseed dressing (75 cals) .

Actually any veggie in that dressing. Cherry tomatos and celery mushrooms carrots...
    Its the dressing thats sooo expensive on the calories.. But oh so good. Its not a fat free dressing. 2 TBSP is 150 calories...
    So I try to be conservative and have only a little, with a big bag of veggies. It fills me up, and is statisfying.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow wedge (35 calories) and celery.

That's a good idea; I'd have not thought to pair the two together.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with berries or cheese & veggie stix, apple & nut butter.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Whole grain pretzels (in moderation). It satisfies my sodium cravings and is much better for me than potato chips. Also - chicken :)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    1 c. of fresh strawberries dunked into a Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedge. Only 75 calories.
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    mini meringue nests 15 cals, really sweet, good with a coffee!
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Oh, I'd go for Cheesestrings. 69 calories and you can have fun eating them.
    Or something MINTY! I swear, the amount of times I have been saved by tic-tacs and polo mints and sugar-free chewing gum.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    For a relatively substantial snack that's still less than 200 calories, I'll either have 3/4 cup of low fat Greek yogurt (usually Fage 2% for me) and 100g of fresh berries, or I'll have a small or medium apple sliced with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Either of those will hold me over for a couple of hours.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    4 oz yogurt pack for approximately 60 calories. I sometimes add fruit or cereal to the yogurt as well but I try to keep it under 100 calories. After reading thelaughing cow with celery I am thinking about getting plain yogurt and dipping the celery.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like to have a cup of mixed fruit (mostly berries - blue, black, straw, and rasp!) with just a bit of Godiva or Ghiradelli's dark chocolate sauce on top. Yum! Yum! Yum!!
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    sugar free fudgesicle for 40 calories a popsicle
    Weight Watchers smoked mozz string cheese for 50 calories and sometimes I eat that with five olives (25 calories per 5) or a dill pickle
    Mott's no sugar added applesauce with a little cinnamon for about 50 calories
    hunt's sugar free pudding snack packs for 60 calories
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I like celery or carrots dipped in hummus
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate....so I enjoy the Fiber One chocolate brownies....90 calories! :)