lost nothing... wtf!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i dont actually eat a lot of processed food at all..?

porridge with defrosted fruit for breakfast, soup for lunch (okay that is but im switching to organic soups soon), rice cakes and jelly for a couple daily snacks to keep energy up and then noodles/rice with chicken and veg (again all frozen) for dinner.
    i also have a whole grain bagel with extra light phillie on my gym days as i go straight after work

is that all processed??
    i can't afford takeaway, ready meals or anything like that which helps!!
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey nuttinikki, I'm just thinking that seems like quite a lot of carbs. Also light foods or low fat foods tend to compensate with carbs. Perhaps you need to add a little more protein? For me personally, I know I need to cut way back on carbs in order to get results, but not everyone is the same
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hi hun, i recently changed my settings to 35/35/30 im just waiting till payday for my next food shop. the 19th and 20th of this month are where i've planned out what i will be having, does this look better??
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i dont actually eat a lot of processed food at all..?

porridge with defrosted fruit for breakfast, soup for lunch (okay that is but im switching to organic soups soon), rice cakes and jelly for a couple daily snacks to keep energy up and then noodles/rice with chicken and veg (again all frozen) for dinner.
    i also have a whole grain bagel with extra light phillie on my gym days as i go straight after work

is that all processed??
    i can't afford takeaway, ready meals or anything like that which helps!!

Yes,actually everything you mentioned is a processed food. Anything out of a box, jar, can, etc is processed. Something you might try.... For dinners I will cook a protein (chicken for example) - I bake it with just spices. I will fix a vegetable and a whole grain like farro. I make enough for left overs so that is also my lunch the next day. Lean proteins (chicken, fish, lean cuts of beef) and whole grains are a great way to make you feel fuller and like you've actually eaten real food instead of a cardboard rice cake because you are eating real food. I also have fruit mid-morning and fruit mid-afternoon.

I've made really good progress doing this.

I know it is difficult to avoid all processed food - they are so much easier.
  • msbellzee
    Options
    I'm no expert, but it looks good to me, your restricting carbs in the evening, which I think is a good thing. Are you working out at all?

My lastest tactic is to not eat the calories I earn working out, I used to work out and eat the extra calories, but I've decided not to do that and see how I go.
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    The scale is not the only way to measure progress. Find a pair of pants that are snug and check the fit once a week. If they're looser, you're doing fine.
  • msbellzee
    Options
    Sorry I read back and see you are working out.

Re the processed stuff, I live in New Zealand, so a lot of that stuff is unknown to me, but like Jema, I generally have all fresh stuff. Like steamed green beans, broccoli, cauliflower etc.

BTW, my trainer told me last wee that when you exercise in the evening you should have a light healthy meal and when you sleep you will experience after burn and burn calories while you sleep. This inspired me to NOT eat anything other than a healthy dinner, I was most excited at the prospect of losing whilst I slept lol.
  • andrakierstead
    Options
    Did you take your before measurements? I lost 4 1/2 pounds in week one with no weight loss in weeks 2 & 3 but when I took my measurements I was down 6 inches. Sometimes it doesn't show on the scales right away. Don't despair, stick with it... :smile:
  • andrakierstead
    Options
    Just wanted to add that working out builds muscle, which weighs more than fat. Also, if you check your measurements you may in fact be smaller. :smile:
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    screw the scale, take measurements and keep on doing what you are doing, the scale will move eventually but is a crappy indicator of progress.

I agree!!!

Also...start doing some weight lifting...it might help :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Lord knows I am not an expert at this but on those days I did look at your diary, it seemed to me that you had very little protein and went over your carbs. I know it can be very frustrating to do the exercise and think your eating correctly and than not see the scale go down. But as the others said keep on going, don't give up. You have taken the first step and that is to realize you need to do something about your weight and you have begun to do it. Be proud of that fact. Good luck to you in the coming weeks. I am sure you will do a great job.
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am currently 234/235 and am eating 1300 cals a day and burning 2200 - 3200 cals a week eating most of my exercise cals back.

Something isn't adding up here.

1300 calories a day for 7 days is 9100 calories. You say you burn 2200-3200 calories a week, so assume an average of 2700. You're therefore netting 9100-2700 = 6400 calories a week. That's 914 calories per day, and your estimate of "eating most of your exercise cals back" is off by roughly 30%.

So you either misspoke in your original post, or you're starving yourself. With a mostly incomplete food diary, it's impossible to say. Most likely, you're eating way more calories than you think you are. Otherwise, you are starving yourself and your metabolism has shut down.