NSV..... redneck style!

Options

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I would have laughed and said thanks hehe.
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that was the funniest thing I've heard in QUITE some time! That could be a line on a movie! THANK YOU!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    From a born & raised Texas girl... The appropriate response/back handed insult...'well, bless your heart!' it's basically saying F you without actually denouncing your religion! ;)
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Laughed so hard, a tear ran down my leg! I was a truckdriver with my husband, and the CB radio was often a sourse of much laughter, sometimes JUST because of the accent.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hehehehe, thanks for the giggle
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You should write Bill Engvall and tell him about that!

:laugh:
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I jut want to clarify that Im not bashing on people from the south, In fact I LOVE a texan accent. What THIS guy has going on is a whole other thing!!

Im still getting used to this whole mid-west thing.. I was born and raised in South Africa and then spent 8 years in Canada before moving here... Its still quite a novelty!
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I'd pay money for a compliment like that right now!

My husband's idea of encouraging me is to tell me he started a pool at work and all the guys placed bets on how long I'd last before quitting this "diet thing". Then he added he already lost. :angry:
    Grrr...

OP, your post totally made me LOL! I've got a friend who lives down in the bootheel (just mistyped with one 'e', two 'l'...might have been more accurate) of MO who tells THE best maroon headholder stories. We had to start calling them maroon headholders when our kids were little, lest they overhear DH and I talking and repeat the phrase in ~ahem~ the wrong company.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Now I are one of dem thar rednecks, however I do try to be a bit more civerlized when I komplerment a gud lookin chick.

"You are pertier than a dew drop on a rose peddle" - usually werks fer me!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Now I are one of dem thar rednecks, however I do try to be a bit more civerlized when I komplerment a gud lookin chick.

:laugh: You made me snort!! HAHAHAHH! I suppose you Warsh your Hayer every morning too :D
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    LOL!

Yee-haw!

A compliment is a compliment.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My dad sometimes talk "hick" like this. i LOVE IT. lol. He makes me laugh so much. He is really really smart though, so I think he can get away with it. haha. This would have made my day :) Thanks for posting this. i miss my dad and it reminded me of him. Off to call him <3
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    Thank you for the laugh.
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, if my brother or dad worked for UPS I would have thought you were talking about them! But no, they are a little south of Booneville anyway.

I do know what you mean though, I went to college in Warrensburg and while I loved my experiance, the way some people talk always would throw me for a loop. It was like a different language.

I still do have to decipher what my dad is talking about at least half the time (I was not raised by him, so I guess I lucked out there.) But at least with age my broher seems to be talking more "normal".
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

:laugh: You made me snort!! HAHAHAHH! I suppose you Warsh your Hayer every morning too :D

We take our bath on Saterday nite so we be smellin gud when we go to the church house on Sundey. Dont a want our Sundey go to church clothes ta git derty.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ok... so I work in a jewelry store.. everyday the UPS guy comes in to deliver whatever it is he is delivering on that particular day. Well I dont know HOW this guy got hired... I mean... think "swamp people" crossed with "moonshiners" and maybe a dash of "doomsday preppers" thrown in. I live in Boonville, Missouri.

Well he walks in today... hands me our stuff and as Im signing the little computer thingie I hear.. (in your head, say this in the most hillbilly accent you can muster) "Well now look atchya.... you lookin very mighty fiiiiiinneee.... you on one of them there diets?"

I SOOOO badly wanted to say "No, Im dying of AIDS...... heres your sign!" I probably would have handled it better if I wasnt in such a bad mood, but sheesh!
    Lol the way I read it sounds like Larry the cable guy. Good NSV!! Atleast he noticed!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Ok... so I work in a jewelry store.. everyday the UPS guy comes in to deliver whatever it is he is delivering on that particular day. Well I dont know HOW this guy got hired... I mean... think "swamp people" crossed with "moonshiners" and maybe a dash of "doomsday preppers" thrown in. I live in Boonville, Missouri.

Well he walks in today... hands me our stuff and as Im signing the little computer thingie I hear.. (in your head, say this in the most hillbilly accent you can muster) "Well now look atchya.... you lookin very mighty fiiiiiinneee.... you on one of them there diets?"

I SOOOO badly wanted to say "No, Im dying of AIDS...... heres your sign!" I probably would have handled it better if I wasnt in such a bad mood, but sheesh!

That was really nice of him!

That reminds me of my dad's side of the family, some of those family members are really, REALLY redneck. It's all good, for the most part they are super sweet and fun to have a few beers with!
  • slimcows
    slimcows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LMAO I LOVE REDNECK JOCKS
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    thanks for the laugh!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'd pay money for a compliment like that right now!

My husband's idea of encouraging me is to tell me he started a pool at work and all the guys placed bets on how long I'd last before quitting this "diet thing". Then he added he already lost. :angry:

That's not even cool.....why on earth would he even admit to that..... I mean why would he do it, but admitting to it is even worse lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!