Do you love ranch dressing?

Options

Replies

• rbilsborough
    rbilsborough Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Ranch 0 calories. Havent tried it but love the 0 calorie blue cheese.

I also love their blue cheese. Other products that we use are the pancake syrup and the honey mustard grilling sauce, both 0 calories
    Tried the chocolate sauce and the chocolate dip and they were both a no go for me though.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I buy, Kraft Fat Free Ranch Dressing, its only 48 calories per 2 tbsp.
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i just made some ranch tonight using blended lowfat cottage cheese to get all the chunks out and then a hidden valley packet. i thought it tasted great and my kids didn't even notice the difference. much healthier than sour cream! or mayo!
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm also a ranch lover, and I now only buy Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing.
    I find it to be even more wonderful than Hidden Valley-- nicer texture and more flavor!!

Nutrition Facts for 2 Tablespoons:
    45 calories (30 from fat)
    3g fat
    0.5 saturated fat
    5mg cholesterol
    270mg sodium
    3g carbohydrates
    0 fiber
    2g sugar
    1g protein

bolthouse farms' dressings are the bomb! and so low-cal!
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Melissa and I am addicted to ranch haha. I am so picky on the ranch too, hidden valleys light took me a bit to get used to. The only other brand remotely close is Safeway's. I have done the packet in Greek Gods yogurt. Only Greek yogurt I can use cause it tastes just like sour cream. Btw that yogurt brand I have also used to make a mock stroganoff and it tasted beautifully. I personally can't stand Kraft ranch but I want to try the bolthouse now. Thanx for info
  • kittyforet
    Options
    I LOVE ranch and make my own dressing all the time, using the fat free sour cream and fat free milk....just keep in mind it won't be super thick though if you want it as a dressing....

I also make a dip using the hidden valley ranch packet.....

1 packet ranch dip or dressing mix

1-2 small plain greek yogurt (can also use any type of sour cream, up to 16 oz,)

1/2 package bacon bits

1/2- 1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese (you can also use low fat or full fat, up to you)

Mix all together and serve as a dip for veggies or crackers. Even my kids like this.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I get a good (NO REALLY) good ranch at walmart called Marketside Light buttermilk ranch 50 calories for two tablespoons or there was a litehouse yogurt ranch that was 60 cals for two tablespoons!!!!
  • MelodyJCaldwell
    MelodyJCaldwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a ranch lover, and I now only buy Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing.
    I find it to be even more wonderful than Hidden Valley-- nicer texture and more flavor!!

Nutrition Facts for 2 Tablespoons:
    45 calories (30 from fat)
    3g fat
    0.5 saturated fat
    5mg cholesterol
    270mg sodium
    3g carbohydrates
    0 fiber
    2g sugar
    1g protein

Love this dressing also! It's really good. We also bought a few of the other flavors to try.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!
  • 3Sarah333
    3Sarah333 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do hidden valley ranch packet in fat free tillamook sour cream. 2 tablespoons, 20 calories & I LOVE IT! Not a huge fan of anything fat free, but with this brand YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also have a container of the ranch seasoning to add in instead of the packets. My whole family loves it!
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    I just discovered LiteHouse Yougurt Ranch dressing ..only 60 calories per 2 tbsp and it tastes delish! In the refrigerated section of the produce aisle
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am a chef at an elementary school, our kids love ranch, but with the autolyzed yeast, msg and preservatives, I hate using the mix. We make our own using pureed fat free cottage cheese, buttermilk, garlic, parsley, dill, celery seed, salt & pepper. The kids love it and can eat all they want as it is higher in protein, vitamin A & D and fat free.

I was wondering what was in the mix. I don't think I would use it either.
    Mixing some yoghurt and some Dijon mustard plus other herbs and spices makes a nice creamy-ish dressing.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    I love HV Ranch but I now prefer Ken's Steakhouse LITE Ranch dressing.. It tastes just as good as the regular & it's 80 calories for 2 tbsp. I hate yogurt and sour cream so I just stick to my regular ranch, I just try to only eat it once or twice a week. =)
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    My friend told me mixing ranch seasoning into greek yogurt makes a great veggie dip. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm inclined to believe it...

This is what I do. I eat raw veggies with the dip which is really low in calories before dinner so that way I get my veggies in and I don't overindulge for dinner. :)

I also eat raw veggies with low cal dressing before eating my entree. Fills me up and I get my veggie servings!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My eyes just fell out of my head. THANK YOU! Going to try it -- today in fact.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Check out Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Blends dressing. Its in the fridge section where the packs of salads are.

They have Ranch, and also Honey Mustard. only 45 cal for 2 T.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I learned to make my own since I moved to Germany and couldn't find it. I mix quark, low fat buttermilk, plain yogurt (greek thickens it a bit) with chives, corriander (cilantro), garlic powder and onion powder, salt and pepper. Not really ranch but close enough.
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    what store do you find the bolthouse dressing in?