Films that make grown men cry!

Options

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    seven pounds, made me and my husband bawl.
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    Yup, Marley and Me. I have a very hard time with pets dying.

well i guess i dont need to see Marley and Me now. Cheers dude!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    See lots of mentioning Marley and Me.....hubby is this big farmer. He was delivering hay to a lobsterman one day, who also has labs and makes my husband look small. Asked my husband "Have you ever watched Marley and Me?" and Hubby said no......Then he says "Dont do it dude. I cried like a baby".........so, I may never see this movie as it has been declared banned from this house.....lol
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Ok I asked my husband he said : THE NOTEBOOK!!!!

I have never seen the notebook..... maybe I should see it lol

This is exactly me! He openly admitted to crying to The Notebook, but I haven't seen it yet...

I balled my eyes out at Marley & Me, especially after the bf told me it was just diesel fuel... yeah he's good like that...and during the credits (after blowing my nose and catching my breath) I told him that I wanted a dog. He asked me if I was crazy...
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Transformers when I thought Optimus died. Crushed
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    We have never seen Marley and me. My husband ALWAYS cries when he watches field of dreams, any military/war movies get him pretty teared up too. He refuses to watch the notebook. Both times I watched that movie I sobbed! I have yet to cry so hard as I did for tug notebook
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I always cry when Doc has to leave the ballfield to save Karen in Field of Dreams. I am not a dude, but close.

^^-this
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah...and "Where the Red Fern Grows"
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It didnt make me cry, but final scene of Toy Story 3 was super emotional
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Brian's Song
    Legends of the Fall
    John Q
    Twilight movies cuz I was forced against my will.

I'm sure theres more though.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    7 pounds...

saddest movie ever!!!!
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    My husband cried twice during the movie Up. The part when he opens her adventure book and its all pictures of them growing old together really got him. My husband hates to admit it, but he can be a real softie. :blushing:
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    Hmmm...

The Patriot - Esp. when the little girl cries after her "poppa"... #sniffle
    Star Trek 2 - To this day, I can't hear Amazing Grace on the bagpipes...
    Up! - First 15 minutes or so...
    Brian's Song - yeah.

Haven't seen Marley & Me. Titanic didn't do it for me, tho.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

The Patriot - Esp. when the little girl cries after her "poppa"... #sniffle
    Star Trek 2 - To this day, I can't hear Amazing Grace on the bagpipes...
    Up! - First 15 minutes or so...
    Brian's Song - yeah.

Haven't seen Marley & Me. Titanic didn't do it for me, tho.

Yeah The Patriot - when the little girl cries after her "poppa"
    I think Brians Song got me bad, a lot of people don't remember that one or are too young.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I forgot to add United 93. We really enjoyed the movie, it was very moving but I am certain my husband and I will never be able to watch it again. Too painful.
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    7 pounds...

saddest movie ever!!!!

it really really is.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My dad still curses me to this day over making him watch Beaches.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    My hubby always cries when he watches E.T. so much so if we see it on TV we have to skip past it. He also cried when we saw The Notebook together, we had only been dating about a month so that was the first time I saw him cry.

My dad cried as Old Yellar, Where the Red Fern Grows, and Bambi. Obviously he is a sucker for animal movies.

I cry at anything and everything but I probably cried the hardest during Steel Magnolias, Titanic, Marley and Me and Life is Beautiful, such sadness :(
  • jlschuh44
    Options
    Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers.
  • W8G0
    W8G0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've only read a few pages of the thread, but I'm pretty sure that this one hasn't been mentioned: Dogma. It's mostly a comedy, so most of the time I'm laughing. But, at the end (spoiler alert) when Bartleby (who has been trying for the whole movie to foil god's will) sees god and emotionally apologizes to her, I get choked up every time.

-K

P.S. Let's add the end of A League of their Own to that. I suppose it speaks to my fear of growing old, but seeing the old women playing baseball on a field with "this used to be my playground" in the background gets me every time.