Anyone want to start C25K with me?

Options

Replies

• christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I meant how do you log it on MFP ? what type of exercise

I just go to create new exercise and put in the calories burned manually. Or you can look up either jogging or walking, depending on if you go over 5mph (12 minute mile) or not. I'm not sure if that throws it off because of the intervals though.

By the way, just did a little over 3 miles tonight in 41 minutes with my buddy! Super stoked and it was so much fun. Only reason we stopped then was because he didn't have running shoes and wanted to stop before he got a blister. Understandable because I wouldn't want to get a blister and have it hurt like heck for a week each time I ran lol.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well done on the run , I created a new exercise and I had used endomondo
    which reckoned I had burned off 336 calories.

I wore running shoes but size 11 in Asics are a bit tight so I got a blister doing
    C25K W1D1
  • christibam
    Options
    Well done on the run , I created a new exercise and I had used endomondo
    which reckoned I had burned off 336 calories.

I wore running shoes but size 11 in Asics are a bit tight so I got a blister doing
    C25K W1D1

If you put a thick bandaid over it, it should help a little. If you end up always getting a blister in the same spot, you can put a bandaid on that spot before you run to help prevent it... either that or some people use vaseline and some use antiperspirant deodorant... I don't use either (yet) but I have only had one blister. I never popped it or anything and it ended up turning into a callous so I don't foresee having another one in the same spot but I could be wrong.
  • MusicalRunner
    Options
    Can I join in? Doing couch to 10k but could do with the encouragement. Can't find anyone else doing the 10k programme on here.

Am moving into wk4 which is when things really get going... (eek!)
  • christibam
    Options
    Can I join in? Doing couch to 10k but could do with the encouragement. Can't find anyone else doing the 10k programme on here.

Am moving into wk4 which is when things really get going... (eek!)

I'm just doing C25K to get me started. I'm running the Disney full marathon in January.

:O
  • geminijen77
    geminijen77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5k in September! I'll watch your progress but am not ready to start training yet. I need to heal some foot injuries. I'm running at the Loch Ness Marathon for breast cancer.

All the best
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hey all!!

I did W1D2 last night after the kids were in bed. :D Feeling great today, although legs are teeny bit stiff. haha

I have a question and am wondering if anyone might be able to help?

Can a person gain 4-5lbs overnight from water retention in the muscles after starting an exercise program???????

I hopped on the scale this morning and couldn't believe the gain.. And I KNOW I didn't eat bad yesterday or enough to gain that much in fat!!! LOL

Any input would be appreciated. :D
  • christibam
    Options
    Hey all!!

Can a person gain 4-5lbs overnight from water retention in the muscles after starting an exercise program???????

Well, my feet and legs usually swell a little after I run so I started using a foot and calve massager within an hour of getting home. I have noticed that I usually pee more after I use it compared to days that I don't use it.

I've gained 5lbs overnight before but it was because I was pretty bloated... either from not using the bathroom that morning, hormones or sodium.
  • MusicalRunner
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm just doing C25K to get me started. I'm running the Disney full marathon in January.

:O
    [/quote]

Oh wow, well done! I'm considering entering for a 10k in the summer, but will wait to see if the programme kills me first....
  • christibam
    Options
    Hahaha when I read that, I thought you were running it too and didn't realize you were quoting me at first. I was like :O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought I was gonna have an MFP buddy to do it with me for a second rofl
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I started this week, two runs down so far.
  • lainie71
    lainie71 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have just started this week. I did W1D2 yesterday (3/12/2012). Would love to do alongside with others for motivation!!
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hey all!!

Well, my feet and legs usually swell a little after I run so I started using a foot and calve massager within an hour of getting home. I have noticed that I usually pee more after I use it compared to days that I don't use it.

I've gained 5lbs overnight before but it was because I was pretty bloated... either from not using the bathroom that morning, hormones or sodium.

Ok thanks! :D

Guess I'll stay away from the scale for a few days hehehe..!!

Thanks agian!
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Gonna try and start tomorrow am
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is W1D2, my calves are still a little sore from Day 1 but I'm totally stoked that it went well. I finally convinced my husband to start it with me :happy:

We want to do the Devil Dash (not sure if we'll be ready for that one though) and the Color Run next February. :drinker: They look like so much fun.
  • mrsjaxn84
    Options
    Count me in! I've done it up to week 8 day 2 before and then I got bronchitis. I love using the app. Trying to get motivated to start it again and stick with it.
  • MusicalRunner
    Options
    Hahaha when I read that, I thought you were running it too and didn't realize you were quoting me at first. I was like :O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought I was gonna have an MFP buddy to do it with me for a second rofl

Haha, yeah sorry to confuse you. My attempt at quoting was a massive fail!

Was up at 7am for Wk4 R1 on c210k. Has increased to 2min runs, 3min walks for 55mins. Went really well except I over-ran and had to do an additional mad 5 minute full-out run to get home in time for getting out to work!

Funny though because I felt like I could have run for 20 miles without stopping. Used to get that feeling when I ran before, but this is the first time I have felt it this time round. Feeling much stronger and fitter. All good!
  • christibam
    Options
    Haha, yeah sorry to confuse you. My attempt at quoting was a massive fail!

Was up at 7am for Wk4 R1 on c210k. Has increased to 2min runs, 3min walks for 55mins. Went really well except I over-ran and had to do an additional mad 5 minute full-out run to get home in time for getting out to work!

Funny though because I felt like I could have run for 20 miles without stopping. Used to get that feeling when I ran before, but this is the first time I have felt it this time round. Feeling much stronger and fitter. All good!

lol It's cool!

I started running at night instead of in the morning. Probably shouldn't get in the habit of doing it alone though... especially the same time and same route every night. I'm probably gonna get jumped rofl. But I did 31 minutes last night. 2.29 miles, 13:32 minute miles!!!!!!!

That's so great that you have that feeling!! I'm just not getting my second wind almost right off the bat. It's pretty sweet to just think, "I'm going to run forever and just stop wherever I stop..."

What's the difference between C25K and C210K?
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    hoping to start today,great weather gonna be a slow start for me I can barely run at all lol let alone for that long but hopefully I'll work into it!!
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    I started this week, but I think I need to take a day or two off because my shins are hurting, not super bad yet, but I dont want to screw them up and be out of commission for longer. Can I use the elliptical if I have (what I think are minor) shin splints?