Do you love your body currently?

Options
I've been wondering if any other people just get down about the way they look on this 'journey', I've always always always hated the way I look and even doing this sometimes I just feel like I'm going backwards or nowhere. I just feel like my body always looks crap and what I'm trying to ask is do you actually like your bodies while you're trying to lose weight or just despise the way you look and how do you deal with it?
I have no idea how to feel better about my body other than when I reach my UGW, I just don't know how to love my body in the current state or any state its in other than what i picture in my head.

Sorry this was sort of a rant that ended up into a question
does this question even make sense?
anyway.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with where I am, but not quite at my goal.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love my body, but there is always room for improvement. :)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I hate my body!! and this is what motivates me! I want to lose weight in order to be happy and confident!
    I'm sure you'll achieve that! :)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    nope!! i loved my pre-pregnancy body, i was a size 10/12 but that is probably my ideal natural size, any smaller and i would have looked ill. now im anywhere between a 16 and a 20 (uk sizes) and i hate everything about my body except my lower legs, as there is no fat on them, just muscle due to all the sports i play. the tops of my arms are quite muscly too, but ive bingo wings that spoil them :(
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes, i am more than happy of what i have acheived, i am currently trying to get a little more ab definiation and i will be 100% there, ive never felt sooo good
  • vy6184
    vy6184 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not ecstatic about the way I look, but I know that outer appearance is only one part of the puzzle. I am ecstatic, however, that every day when I look in the mirror I am getting a better glow about me because I am eating better and filling my body with healthy things. I just look healthier. I am proud that I can tell a difference, no matter how small, in my love handles or in the size of my thighs. Focus on the positive or you're bound to get too discouraged to continue.

Failing to plan means planning to fail... so plan to compliment yourself each time you look in the mirror instead of getting down on yourself! :)
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hate it now! BUT i am working on my pre-preg body!!! (i hope to see it again one day! ) ____ That's My Motivation _____
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I hate my body the way it looks but I'll always have that issue. I love my body because it's alive, takes me places, most of my 'parts' work and it will help me on my journey to getting fit. I just have to use my brain first. :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I hate my body. I have a lot to work on in that aspect of it.
  • camilleesqueda
    Options
    I've been wondering if any other people just get down about the way they look on this 'journey', I've always always always hated the way I look and even doing this sometimes I just feel like I'm going backwards or nowhere. I just feel like my body always looks crap and what I'm trying to ask is do you actually like your bodies while you're trying to lose weight or just despise the way you look and how do you deal with it?
    I have no idea how to feel better about my body other than when I reach my UGW, I just don't know how to love my body in the current state or any state its in other than what i picture in my head.

Sorry this was sort of a rant that ended up into a question
    does this question even make sense?
    anyway.

Can definitely relate. In my case think it has something to do with my childhood and how emphasized it was in my house to be "thin" and "healthy." I was always the curvy one with the "baby fat" and my parents always brought it up, so my siblings would make sure I never forgot that I was the one with the thick thighs and boobs while they were very lean (everyone was built like runners in my house, I was built like Kim Kardashian, bahahaha, can you say milkman baby?). ANYWAY, if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to add me. :) Working on our self confidence and mental health is just as important as being physically healthy. And you'll never be happy if you lose your weight and don't love your body, because it'll never be enough. That's why I always end up gaining weight back, because I never love how I look.

Big hugs, I bet you look great.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a sexier bellybutton.

I am striving to feel better about my body, but all in all I love the skin I am in. I am working hard to be healthier, everything will fall into place.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with it. Some days I'm very happy with it, and other days I can't stand to look at myself. I still find myself showering the dark occasionally. But, I think I'm one of those people that will never be satisfied. I'm at my original goal weight, and when I got here I decided it wasn't good enough. Then, other days, I'm so proud of myself for getting here. Maybe I'm just bat-**** crazy.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I hate my body the way it looks but I'll always have that issue. I love my body because it's alive, takes me places, most of my 'parts' work and it will help me on my journey to getting fit. I just have to use my brain first. :)

This.

As far as how exercise and diet have effected my body...I feel skinny fat...so no. I need to tighten it all up and build some booty muscle again and not gain fat and I'd be happier. ;)
  • shan889
    shan889 Posts: 73
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel. Some days I look at myself and hate myself even more than I did before I lost weight. I was heavier but more confident. lol Now I just obsess about absolutely everything I put in my mouth because I know I am almost there and one day I will be at my UGW. Sometimes I have a picture of what I want to look like in my head and if I don't look like that, I just get so down on myself. Usually the picture I have in my head is a gorgeous victoria secret model....so that never helps me. LOL (Considering I am a stumpy 5' girl) I know the feeling girl.

Hang in there and realize that you have made progress and your body deserves a little bit of recognition. If you start to love your body, it'll love you back, and you will realize that you do look great! (even before your UGW)
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I do love and am learning to love my body. It really is a process. Do I think I look like a model? Nooooooo but I am very happy with the hard work I have done in the last 12 months or so. I remember HATING my body from 2008 to early 2011 and slowly began losing weight and realizing that I can like my body, I just have to take care of it. By feeding it the right foods and treating my body to exercise, I am loving myself inside and out and loving how I feel, which just makes me love my body even more.

I think loving your body also means accepting your flaws. I will never have the flattest stomach or the thinnest thighs but I still love how I look many days.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not love my body. Then again, I don't love anyone's body lol. I have never been into the outward shell of anyone. No matter how beautiful someone may be by social standards their personality can make them hideous. On the flip side, no matter how ugly someone is by social standards their personality can make them beautiful. In my opinion people's standards of what physical beauty is is greatly influenced by what the current trends in their society is, and to me beauty is more about the whole person regardless of what the current trend in beauty is or is not.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fond of my body. I'm at 185, down from a 230 last august. Seems like anything over 210 is really where I just stop being happy about the way that clothes fit me. This being my lowest weight since high school, I feel like one hot momma. Sure, I still have another 25 to go, but I'm pretty happy with the way I look now too. That kills my motivation to eat healthy sometimes lol!

If you can, try taking some progress shots. It helps a bunch to compare to your before pics and see the actual difference.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love my body and try to take care of it. It is my only home after all...lol
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am starting to like it more and more each day! Someday (closwer to goal) I hope to love it! It takes time. I keep reminding myself that just like pregnancy, my body is undergoing pregnancy, and I need to be patient, kind, and accepting of it while this happens.
  • demhareis
    demhareis Posts: 35
    Options
    I hate the fat on my body. My body itself isn't too bad (when it's not overstuffed with too much batting like some poor girl's bear at Build-a-Bear).

Love the boobs. (Ignore the droop.)

Love the muscles. Love the flexibility. Love the curly hair and the high cheekbones.

But I hate the fat that envelops my frame. Everything else is fine. I wish the fat would go away. I want to peel it off like a banana skin.

Sometimes I dream I'm a statue made of soft clay. If only I could sculpt away those bits of me I dislike--that ruin the line and shape and art of my form.