don' lose pounds & inches at the same time

Options
Has anyone else noticed that they don't lose pounds and inches at the same time? For example, in one wweek I lost 4 pounds but there was no change in measurements. Then when I didn't lose a single pound in ten days all of a sudden my jeans were loose! I know that when you work out your muscles tone and build up and that may be a reason for some, but I honestly don't work out at all yet. I'm always on my feet, busy at work and aside from playing a Kinect game here and there I don't exercise really. It seems weird I guess. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience also.

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My weight hasn't changed since Feb 25th but I have lost inches. I am able to fit into jeans that I couldn't even close before. I don't work out much, either, although I do walk everyday, just like 20-25 minutes. I am happy to lose the inches, don't get me wrong, but there is something psychological about seeing that number on the scale drop that I miss! Plus the "Biggest Loser" contest I am in at work only counts pounds lost.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Agree. Same has happened with me. Love fitting into smaller pants but there is something about seeing the number on the scale go down that i really want to see
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, but I don't care what the number on the scale says. It could stay where it is forever if I could get my bf% down and fit into the clothes I want to wear.
  • Okieace
    Okieace Posts: 56
    Options
    Yep, I've seen this a lot myself.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    "If you're not losing pounds, you're likely losing inches"
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump, i am the exact same!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much exactly what happens to me too. I can't explain it in any way, but it appears to be the normal way that weight loss and getting fitter works.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Totally! I've lost 11 lbs in the past 2 months and have dropped 1-2 pant sizes but I notice the "loss" is different from week to week. One week I see the scale go downa couple lbs but the pants and shirts fit the same and the next week the scale won't budge for ANYTHING but my clothes are looser. Both make me super happy but imagine how happy I'd be to see both at the same time!?!? :love:
  • leatherneckyeti
    Options
    It is psychological warfare that your mind plays against you. It makes it very hard to keep your motivation when you do not see the results that you expect. I saw no change this week on the scale even though I worked really hard all week and ate really well. We have to remember that our bodies are very complex and they do not always follow a "weekly" schedule the way we are programmed to follow. The tape is the best guide to track your true results. Just stay positive and do not let your scale fool you into thinking that you have not made positive progress.
  • Mojoswan13
    Options
    Thank for this post! I have not lost any weight in 3 weeks but I have dropped 3 pant sizes! I was getting frustrated until I read this post. I am so thankful!
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ugh thank GOD someone asked this question! I thought I was going crazy when I got on the scale to see it hadn't moved in a couple weeks, but I lost 4 inches in my belly and 1 in my hips. I was like um.... Maybe I measured wrong, but nope. It was right! I'll take the NSV all day. :)
  • joannemeister
    joannemeister Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need help to...cant understand why i am not losing weight ...i walk everyday and eat 1200 or sometimes less calories per day..am i eating enough?