Men who actually workout legs

Options

Replies

• Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Why would you waste 350 dollars on a pair of jeans?
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but maybe you'll have to get them talored.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    ::Points and laughs:: HA! HA!

Welcome to our world. Buy pants that fit the biggest part of you and have them tailored.

LOL

This :) I have a small waist and good birthing hips :)

haha now try going bathing suit shopping when you are bottom heavy. talk about wanting to chain myself to the treadmill! Its nice to see guys having the same problems us girls do. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ThePinkPachyderm
    Options
    When I got down to a 34 waist and went jean shopping I ran into the same thing. I tried on a pair of skinny jeans just for fun, and couldn't get them over my calf. I have pretty much come to grips with the fact that I will always need to buy wide leg or loose fit jeans, regardless of how small my waist gets........
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Was actually very demoralizing going shopping this past weekend. I mean im 6'3 about 275lb. Which is still pretty lanky compared to your average body builder. I could not get my forearms into a XXL shirt. Forever destined to sweats and t-shirts!

Thing is, it be alright i guess if i planned on getting smaller. But I dont.

sorry bro, but at 6'3, 275 i find it hard to believe you have a 34" waist.

<--- 34" waist (6'2, 215)

34 inch waist pant (fromTtommy Hilfiger Outlet) fits fine. I had my mom add some denim to the inside legs of my pants on several occasions. I would however not let her touch a 350$ pair of jeans.

You bought jeans that cost $350? :noway:
    I spent $50 on Levis and grumbled about it the whole way home.

My fiancé buys $350 pants. But really, you're just paying for the name.
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Yes jeans are not made like they used to, but I have never fitted into 501s.

You just have to as mentioned, get them tailored or wear them baggy.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I workout my legs all week, no problems. I COULD wear skinny jeans, but i'm a man.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    my 34 waist jeans are starting to be tight around the thighs.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There are worse things ya know... You could be destined to t-shirts and sweats because you're too fat! I can't even get in a pair of jeans right now that the waist line doesn't cut me in half...and the *kitten* is saggin'. So, be glad its because of muscles and not fat HA! :smile:
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I had this issue when I was training in jiu-jitsu for competition. Never found a good solution. Belt or tailor.
    I have the same issue with shirts. Even at my best weight, I have a 22" neck. So the shirts balloon, so tailor is the only option for those.
    There are companies making athletic fit jeans. I have not tried them, but here is the link:

http://www.google.com/#q=athletic+cut+jeans&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=iWpfT83_EZSdgQfz_4yMCA&ved=0CIABEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=36039f6e2eaf2863&biw=1280&bih=892

If they work, please let me know.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Tailor.

If you can afford to buy $350 jeans, you can afford to get them tailored to fit you.

Also, could try GASP - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gasp/attitude-denim-jeans.html

or,

Hotbodz - http://www.hotbodz.com/category-s/28.htm
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    try GASP jeans or Carhartt... or Lucky 181s

there are some loose fit Levis but I can't remember the number.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I almost NEVER see guys at my gym doing legs. I've never really thought about that before. Why don't most guys do that?
  • jgibson2
    jgibson2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this guy people? He's a powerlifter of which almost all lifts involve the legs/glutes.

I feel you man I have had a big *kitten* my whole life, but also enjoy lifting legs heavy and often ever since competitive sports from college/high school. It seems as if guy's jeans this day and age are made for women. I mean seriously....Low rise? Skinny? tight around the package?.....where does it end!?!

I've found LUCKY jeans have largest girth around the hip and thigh area which by the way you can get at a TJMAXX for $40.
  • engineman312
    Options
    i totally thought this was a thread bashing all the chicken legged guys at the gym that do nothing but bicep curls.
  • engineman312
    Options
    I almost NEVER see guys at my gym doing legs. I've never really thought about that before. Why don't most guys do that?

they aren't the glory muscles like chest and arms are. but few people know that if you do legs, you'll slowly but surely get a nice rock hard stomach.
  • jgibson2
    jgibson2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

For the same reason you don't see many women lifting upper body heavy, and doing nonstop cardio. They want to work their "problem areas" and never focus on their true weaknesses. Anyone who ONLY lifts is usually afraid of getting small, anyone who ONLY does cardio is afraid of getting fat.

It's really ironic when if those folks just had a decent balance of both and their diet was on key they could be muscular AND lean.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at relaxed fit?

And I was just ******n to my wife this weekend about everyone making guys clothes that look like teenage girls clothes. I don't want to dress in skinny jeans and vnecks.

Edit:

I just looked at your pics, nevermind, you are f#cked man...I think cargo pants are going to be your go to there. And I'm going to add I'm a bit jealous too.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My thighs are roughly the size of a sapling. Relaxed fit jeans are the only way to go for me.
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    True Religions are only good if you wear your shirts untucked and you let your jeans sag - this is coming from somebody with 4 pairs in his closet. They also run a bit big in my experience - a Seven 34 fits like a True Religion 32.

If you want a quality pair of premium denim with a more normal cut, try Citizens For Humanity (or Seven For All Mankind, for that matter). They make relaxed fit, which is good for those of us with thunder thighs!

One last thing to remember - jeans stretch out. If they are somewhat loose in the dressing room, they will only get looser as time goes on. They might be a little tight in the beginning, but don't worry, you won't rip them!