Do you have a phobia?

Options

Replies

• BriskaPacojame
    Options
    The monster under my bed. LOL... well, whatevers under there. I keep my bed on the floor, no frame, so 'it' can't get me or touch my feet. Been that way since I can remember, all my friends laugh at me haha.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Needles and doctors.

It's really bad - when I was 11 years old, they had to put me in a straight jacket and sedate me so that they could stitch up a deep cut in my hand. Before the straight jacket went on, I broke a doctor's nose and a nurse's eyeglasses fighting against the Novocaine shot.

As an adult, I can control myself now... but none of the raw, guttural fear has abated.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    snakes
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Waking up and having all my weight back on :(
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    frogs.....the little nasty green ones, but not toads
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Syringes. injections. sharp medical tools like the device the dentist uses to scrape your teeth. Any poky horrid thing that a doctor or dentist wants to do to me, I hate it all.

I'm a teacher, and I needed my husband and a xanax to get through the TB test. I almost dropped out of school in my senior year because they discovered my tetanus shot wasn't up to date, and wanted me to get another. Ya, that bad.
  • JJShotz
    JJShotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Dead animals....I freak out (on the inside). It's almost like my mind panics and freezes up for a few seconds. I get the whole fight or flight reaction when there's really nothing to fight. I had a older brother who would chase me dead animals when I was a kid.. It's quite possible that's where it all started. ;)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Needles and doctors.

It's really bad - when I was 11 years old, they had to put me in a straight jacket and sedate me so that they could stitch up a deep cut in my hand. Before the straight jacket went on, I broke a doctor's nose and a nurse's eyeglasses fighting against the Novocaine shot.

As an adult, I can control myself now... but none of the raw, guttural fear has abated.

Wow! Really? Mines cotton wool in the mouth after waking up as a kid after dental surgery with a mouth full. Hate it when you go for dental work and they do it. Just the thought of it is sending shivers down me. Ridiculous I know! X
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Deep water, lakes(where I can't see under water), tight inclosures, woodticks and any kind of bug that can embed itself.....
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    creepy crawlies- pretty much bugs. have to have my husband deal with them - I guess no camping for me! How did I ever make it in the state of Montana?! lol
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    roaches - which is really because those little suckers are everywhere and they are sneaky.
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Going to the dentist and feeling the chair tilt back. The last time I went, I got myself so stressed out that the receptionist thought I had been in a car accident. LOL!:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Feet and cockroaches.

**shudder**

Also, if anyone wants to be completely freaked out, ask me about my spider experience. It should have been traumatizing, but they still don't bother me.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    The internet...

wait..what? :huh:

j/k
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    public speaking
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Megalophobia. I thought I was crazy because I nearly pass out when I see those big white windmills, but it actually has a name and it's a real fear.

Literally means fear of large objects, like cruise ships, the Statue of Liberty, etc. Not buildings, strangely, for me. It manifests differently in different people.
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 74
    Options
    I have to laugh at this, because my Great Dane goes NUTS when we get the tape measure out. It's funny...we actually tease him with it. But I truly think he shares your phobia!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Ticks. And tractor trailer trucks, they scare the bajeezus out of me when I am driving. Especially in the winter!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    grasshoppers and clowns

Me too! Not many people get the grasshopper fear...