Options

Replies

• HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just finished, check out my profile to see the pics
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    awesome job heavenleangel. such a difference!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I feel like 30 day shred helped me to get into the habit of being active and working out. I definitly think it helped me tone up, and I'm sure it played into some weight loss. I probably wasn't as strict as I could have been with it (i.e taking off weekends) but it was helpful. The problem is.. I hate doing it now because I take other classes that are a lot more fun, like kickboxing and zumba. Still, I'm glad I did it!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am planning on getting this DVD this week. What size dumbbells do you all use? I know I have some 2 lb weights at home that will work for now, but I'm thinking i might want something a little heavier eventually. Just curious what others have used.
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    Can somebody please tell me where you purchase this at? Sounds like something worth trying. I'm thinking of doing the health club in the morning and this in the evening. Can't wait to purchase it and start!
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred and I am on day 15. On day one I took pics and measurements and then today I did it again to see my progress. To put it quite frank I am floored at the results I have gotten being only halfway through. I have done it every day, since day one. I took one day off to spend time with the boyfriend, but I regretted it. When I started it up again the next day I could tell. I won't waste another day like that again. I'm doing the levels for ten days each and then progressing onto the next level on day 11, 21. I recommend this workout, it is very, very hard if you're out of shape like me, but it is so incredibly worth it. So far I've lot almost 10 inches throughout my whole body and about 5 1/2 pounds. Keep in mind I'm only half way through. I feel stronger, thinner, and I have a lot more endurance already. I wish you luck, and don't give up, it's worth it in the end!

I forgot to mention that I've also kept up a healthy diet and I wanted to suggest a yoga mat and 2-3 pound weights to start off with. I read through and the other posts have mention about hurting your knees, I have bad knees and it all depends on you. You are very capable of doing low impact, but still keeping your heart rate up, it's what I do. Sometimes I use my own method of modifications to compliment my body. Something to keep in mind: those moves are not concrete.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I have started and stopped the 30 day shred 3 times. The last time I was a quitter was after day one! I feel so weak and now I know it gets better.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just finished on the weekend. I did each level for 10 days with no breaks. Did it every day for 30 days! It was hard some days, but I pushed through knowing if I were to take a day off I would feel guilty and it would prolong it by an extra day LOL.

I used three pound weights, I wouldn't recommend starting with anything higher than that.

I didn't lose much weight (about 5 pounds), but I lost about 6 inches total.

I liked it so much (loved to hate it), I restarted yesterday and I am going to do it every other day with a cardio day in between. I couldn't believe how far I have come (almost throwing up the first time to having to increase to 5 lb weights this time around).

You will be sore for the first couple of days, but if you push through it, it gets better on the third or fourth day.

Good luck! I recommend it!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    30 Day was transformative for me. I did 2 rounds and lost 43 cm's (10 cm's from my waist alone). The scale didn't drop drastically (around 4 kgs lost), but I can't believe what it did for my body. I followed it with more of her workouts and have never been in better shape in my life!

Really recommend it 100%. You will be stiff, but only for the first few days, then your body eases into things. You will be amazed at how quickly you build your endurance and fitness levels and you will not be disappointed. You think that a 27 min workout wouldn't be able to make a difference, but it so does!

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • icandothis318
    icandothis318 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Went to start the shred last night...of course my DVD player wanted to take a vacation. The cord to the old Playstation2 I have is missing and my laptop would NOT hold a charge for ANYTHING. Sometimes i feel as if EVERYTHING around me is against me and my weight loss journey!
    The plan is to stop by Target on my way home to get a DVD player (lets pray I don't get too distracted in Target), take pics and measurements, STRETCH and start that shred! I'm also supposed to go to the gym tonight with my sister, but after hearing about the tortures of day one, I think I may just hang out in the whirlpool.

Thanks for the support guys! This really means a lot to me since I don't have much support outside of MFP. (Sad isn't it?)

Not sure if you are aware but Level 1 is on YouTube. I saw it last week.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    treed4...i bought mine off amazon for like 8 bucks. check there first or ebay.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Started Shredding on February 1.
    Missed one day (Feb 15)
    Lost 5.5 pounds and 9.5 inches!
  • katiep1022
    Options
    i wish some one would have told me that !! i started the 30 day shed 4 days ago. i did 2 days and took a break. I know i should contiue today but im so sore ! i can barely get out of the car or walk my dogs. i will def do a better stretch than she starts us out with from now on. thanks for the tip. Anyone who has started the shred feel free to add me. im right there with you !
  • jrose74
    jrose74 Posts: 27
    Options
    I just started this yesterday. I did it in the morning and then did Ripped in 30 last night. I will tell you today my legs hurt. It is all of my legs.....calfs, quads, butt, hips....is there anything else that can hurt in the legs.....lol. However it is a great workout and I had a lot of fun with it.
    The Ripped DVD is alot harder (atleast I think so) but I had so much energy last night that I thought that I would do them both at the same time and see what kind of results that I can get at the end of 30. I honestly can say that I feel it everywhere and not just in my legs and that is the workout that i am looking for.
    I will have to invest in a HR monitor since all I have is my fitbit...and that doesn't track all movements. I am trying today just to keep moving since I feel better if I do. Sitting for too long and trying to use those sore muscles seems to be worse.....lol.
    I was planning to do this workout schedule for 6 days and take one day off but I am not sure now since i see that most everyone is saying that they did it everyday. I look forward to day 5 when my legs will come back to normal but i also know that they hurt cause they are getting fit. Thanks for the advice on here and hopefully I can post some amazing pics when i am done.
  • jrose74
    jrose74 Posts: 27
    Options
    treed4...i bought mine off amazon for like 8 bucks. check there first or ebay.

I just bought mine at Meijer's for 9.99 on Friday
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have just done my first day of 30DS, I feel I'm going to ache a bit tomorrow!! My legs felt like they were on fire but now that I've stopped, I think I've recovered quite well. Maybe tomorrow I'll push myself a little more if I'm not hurting too much!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    does anyone know how to add the 30 day shred to the exercise section on here? its kinda a pain to dissect everything
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how to add the 30 day shred to the exercise section on here? its kinda a pain to dissect everything

I asked this previously and most people said they used 'circuit training' for the 30 Day Shred.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options

I asked this previously and most people said they used 'circuit training' for the 30 Day Shred.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    thank you!!!!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I first started the 30DS in January and did it for the first 10 days taking a few days off in between for my body to recover, but then I got really sick and had to stop. Now I've finally got my motivation back to start it again and am going to start from the beginning tonight. It's an awesome workout - I didn't lose many pounds but I really lost inches from my neck and waist!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!