Your new favorite veggie or veggie dish???

Options

Replies

• Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to hate sweet potatoes!!, Now I look forward to them, a little cinnamon, nutmeg and stevia....I'm in heaven!!
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    I am addicted to this dish...Millet and Cauliflower Mash
    http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/creamy_vegan_cauliflower_millet_mash/

I also love cauliflower and carrot soup!!

I just tried chard this week and love it sauteed with garlic and onion; it is also good raw in a spinach salad.
  • mamaof4boyz
    Options
    Artichokes is a fav in our house !!! And roasted or boiled beets !!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Smashed cauliflower. Mmmmmmm! Steam the cauliflower till tender, A whole head. Add a little butter, a little cheese, salt,4 pieces of cooked bacon chopped. Smash till almost not lumpy. No carbs, lots of protein.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Roasted Asparagus is the one veggie I was never fond of, but love it now.

I put the Asparagus in a roasting pan, drizzle with coconut oil, sprinkle sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper and throw it in the oven for a bit until it starts to brown..........

This but, I use a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My son says it's better than chocolate. I don't know about that but, it is very yummy!

Kristine
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love roasted asparagus with evoo, black pepper and a no salt roasted garlic seasoning :)

I also love steamed broccoli with black pepper, I like to put fresh garlic in the water :)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I make falafel's! and homemade tzatziki.. YUMMY
  • BeckysWellnessPlan
    Options
    Saving to refer to later!
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i made a veggie-heavy shepherd's pie last night, using 3:1 cauliflower to potatoes for the topping, and you seriously couldn't tell once it was all baked and browned! i also put some parsnips in it (i had never used them before) and they got creamy and delicious!! here's the link... it was a recipe makeover so i blogged it (713 cals down to 450... and we're talking BIG servings) :drinker:

http://cooktravelcaffeinate.blogspot.com/2012/03/recipe-makeover-challenge-shepherds-pie.html
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash soup!
  • Marksa1981
    Options
    Sauteed leeks are great. I also love any kind of greens (with hot sauce) and roasted brussell sprouts.:smile:
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love veggies and eat them all I can. My recent obsession is red bell pepper as a snack. So sweet and crunchy and YUMMY!
  • rmoga99
    rmoga99 Posts: 37
    Options
    Kale chips (delish!)
    brussel sprouts cut into thin strips sautéed with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and finished off with lemon juice
    I love asparagus roasted then sprinkled with basalmic vinegar.
    Snap peas (raw)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    fried cabbage
    cabbage and collard greens mixed together
    publix cooked carrots are my favs at the moment
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    ROASTED ASPARAGUS
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like zucchini boats for lunch.

Halve a zucchini lengthwise, scrape out seeds (or don't) put spaghetti sauce down the center and top with mozzarella cheese and some basil.

I usually bake it close to 400 for about 15 minutes. Very yummy!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My faves are bell peppers and onions cooked in about a quarter tbsp of evoo with some Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. Served with some black beans or chicken either on salad or in a wrap. :D
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS!! Not kidding at all. Slice in half, toss will a little olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe a little Tony's. Roast on 400 for 20 minutes.

Unbelievably good. I NEVER ate brussels sprouts before...didn't like them at all. Roasting takes away the bitter taste. YUM!