Favorite evening food/snack

Options

Replies

• kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEAS!! Evening snacking is one of my BIGGEST problems!
  • bugnsamsmom
    bugnsamsmom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Frozen red grapes- YUM!

We always have them in the freezer in summer. Who knew they were so good?

We also like sugar-free jello (60 cal) with some fat free topping. I buy the cups because I have trouble with portion control.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have two very tiny squares (8 is a serving) of very dark Scharffen Berger chocolate. I eat them very slowly. I'm not supposed to have them on the 17 day diet so it makes me feel like a rebel.

So Awesome! :tongue:
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Noni Biscotti 110 calories
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    laughing cow ice cream sandwich, 3 pretzle rods with a cup of hot apple cinnamon tea, bowl of cereal- usually special K, lemon merengue protein bar, sugar free pudding, popcorn sprinkled with dried nacho cheese, 3 nabisco fruit thins w tea, laughing cow cheese w 16 wheat thins,...obviously not all those at once, but I like variety so those are some of the things I eat at night.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is a good snack because it has protein to help fill you up but if you're craving something crunchy, I like Blue Diamond Almonds Dark Roasted Chocolate, Dry Roasted Salted Edamame, Mini Rice Cakes in Sweet Chili flavor or Salt & Pepper or even Light Lays Potato Chips. I sometimes even eat Chocolate Cheerios & PB Cheerios together for a Reese's cereal like snack!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that people with the proper macronutrients lost more weight when eating carbs at night!

Have a bowl of cereal!

Thats what I do!
  • tutu61
    tutu61 Posts: 3
    Options
    Today I found Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds in a box of 100 calorie packs at Target. You get nuts for protein and the wonderful taste of chocolate (cocoa actually) to satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • jenny2steps
    jenny2steps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Light microwave popcorn hits the spot!
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    100 calorie cocoa roasted almond packs
    100 calorie microwave popcorn

I usually have a chocolately protein bar in the evening after I work out. It's like my dessert treat for the night. And I don't feel bad
    because I just worked off the calories for it.
  • renee474
    Options
    Oh wow. I totally just noticed that the two posts previous to mine made some of the same suggestions. Great minds....
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :wink: I usually have 1/2 c peanut butter cheerios and 1/2 c chocolate cheerios with 1/2 c 1% lactose free milk.. so delicious, I look forward to it everyday! (I only let myself have it on days I work out in some way, so that it motivates me to actually get my butt going).
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    some honey roasted nuts and sun maid raisans, very good.
  • renee474
    Options
    Granny Smith Apple bake it sprinkle with a packet of sweet n low and cinnamon.
    I've done this but with Splenda brown sugar blend and a little spray butter. It adds some calories but so good.
  • mgrimes2008
    Options

We always have them in the freezer in summer. Who knew they were so good?

We also like sugar-free jello (60 cal) with some fat free topping. I buy the cups because I have trouble with portion control.
    I love the sugar free Jello. My favorite! I have trouble with the portion control also. I also like the sugar free Mousse Temptation things!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I'm a sweets person:

1 half frozen banana cut into thin slices (you could use a whole one, I make a small serving)
    1/2 TBS natural peanut butter
    1 TBS dark chocolate chips

blend the frozen banana and peanut butter in a food processor until has a consistency between ice cream and frozen yogurt. then mix in the chocolate chips.

omg that soundsd amazing!!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I snack on dark chocolate sometimes however I find it hard not to keep going back for more! I eat dark chocolate with acai berry :) so good.
    I also snack on polish dill cucumbers from the jar. Not sure how good they are for you though lol
    I drink a lot of green tea. I think it helps with the cravings. I also drink a lot of water as I have heard many times that thirst can be confused with hunger!
    Other suggestions would be protein bars.
    I'm usually pretty well controlled though after dinner. It was hard not to snack after dinner but I've made myself become used to not snacking. I went through a stage where I was constantly snacking after dinner but challenged myself to stop and now I hardly snack.
    It's just through out the day that is killing me! haha
  • mseraf713
    mseraf713 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Frozen red grapes- YUM!

^^ This!^^
  • mwyatt005
    mwyatt005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a snack I use as a treat when my sweet tooth kicks in.

http://cavemanstrong.com/2011/06/power-protein-ball-of-yum/

they also have some other good recipes on that site as well.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    2 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut flour "made" and add in 50 grams of Fage yogurt as an apple dip :-)