Men who actually workout legs

Options
124»

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Levi 560's seem to work for me, but I've found the smaller the waist (I've dropped from a 38 to a 34), the less they give to the thighs and calves. I may have to find some custom jeans if I make it to my goal waist of 31.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I almost NEVER see guys at my gym doing legs. I've never really thought about that before. Why don't most guys do that?

Dude seriously, I can't deal with the guys with the chicken legs either, it just looks weird! It stresses me out when a guy is all out of proportion!

2ebes0l.jpg

Dem chicken legs.

lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I almost NEVER see guys at my gym doing legs. I've never really thought about that before. Why don't most guys do that?

Because it's hard and it hurts. And it isn't what people notice first.

That said, my legs are slow to recover from a good workout, so I can only work them once a week. It works out in the end because my legs build faster than my upper body.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Dude seriously, I can't deal with the guys with the chicken legs either, it just looks weird! It stresses me out when a guy is all out of proportion!

2ebes0l.jpg

Dem chicken legs.

guys like this at my gym think the squat rack is for bicep curls and shrugs.
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My waist is 31.5 inches and my thighs are at 22.5 inches (6 foot even). I had a tough time recently buying pants and had to go with "Carpenter" pants as they were the only ones that fit correctly.

It's not all about the legs though. In my opinion its a combination of not only leg size, but also glute size as well.

Next time I may just buy 36-38 inch waist and just get them tailored.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty small guy so i've no idea.

Buy MC Hammer Pants!
    >http://www.80stees.com/products/MC-Hammer-Costume-Pants.asp?utm_source=goog-merch&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=CSTM037&gclid=CLXM5Nq55a4CFQfe4AodoFGnxQ

"Uh OH UH OH!!!!! Here come tha hammer!"
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know a bout this as well as I've decided to really try to pound my legs, hips, and *kitten* into submission! My waist measures 37.5" but my hips measure 46". It's kind of a gift and a curse I guess I should say. But I got into buttoned up, zipped up, and pulled up my first pair of waist size 40 jeans last weekend. The brand was, "Lucky Brand" which I like however, Levis look like a pair of skinny jeans and will not go up above my stomach and I hate that. I'm 5'10 1/2" tall so as you can see from those lower body measurements and my pictures. I'm built kinda odd with a tiny top and bigger bottom area. I am interested in seeing some of the responses to this as I am going to try the old build more muscles in the legs to combat this issue and see if i can get the rest of me to catch up with my upper half.
  • b757
    b757 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    lol...what's up with men and the cut upper body and chicken legs...see that all too often!
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've always had this issue and it has gotten worse with the advent of "Skinny" jeans...

However, here are some jeans that fit well (and don't cost $350):

Levi's Silvertab loose or baggy
    Gap relaxed fit
    Mens Claiborne
    Joseph Aboud

The silvertab baggy are the largest in the thighs of the group and they are HARD to find. Macy's gets them sometimes, but I usually have to order them. The gap relaxed are probably next.

Thanks!! this is a good reply!
    and for what it's worth, I HATE SKINNY JEANS!!!!
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Rock and Roll Cowboy and a couple other western wear companies make great blue jeans and they have plenty of room for my thighs, bonus they are usually under $100. I've always had this problem. These are not country jeans lol. Born was a little tight but they are soft and after a couple of washes they fit pretty good true to waist size.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot. Waist fits, legs don't. I will continue my search for the perfect jeans!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I came in for pics.

Thoroughly disappointed.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Edited: I was recommending Levi's 569s but I forgot they changed the way the jeans were cut a couple of years ago.

Now everyone hates them.

Just shows you the last time I bought a pair of jeans. =\

I suggest going to a mall and just trying on pair after pair. Aim for ones that say they are a Relaxed or Loose fit.
  • kishstl
    kishstl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nothing comes between me and my Calvin's.......except a 2 year old thread.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I do not like relaxed fit or baggy jeans, so it is an effort to find something that works. My most worn pair lately is just a pair of Levi 514s. A 31 inch waist is a little roomy. The thighs are snug but fairly comfortable. Can't go to 32s or 30s. Don't want to try on 73 pair of jeans, so...yea..

This might be your answer.
    http://barbellapparel.com/
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Buy Jeans a couple waist sizes larger. Get the waist tailored to fit, so you can still have the extra thigh room.

You just have to experiment with different brands and styles. I only wear Diesel, but even within the Diesel brand there are dozens of styles. And sometimes even the SAME style doesnt fit the same, depending on the wash and material.

Just stay away from anything slim. Straight and carrott taper only. Sometimes an extended crotch helps too
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I've always had to buy loose or baggy fit jeans because of legs. Sometimes even have to buy a waist size bigger for the leg room. Pain in the booty...which looks like crap in baggy jeans too!