Oh the horror!

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "scared" me (other than the stupid clown doll in Poltergeist when I was a kid).... but "Signs" sure creeped me out! :noway:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love all scary movies. The Exorcist never really scared me...but Candyman did! I remember being 13 years old and watching it by myself one night. I was so freaked out that he could just show up anywhere that I actually crawled into bed with my 7year old sister...hahaha Big ole wimp!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I remeber watching the entiy when I was little,and being really freaked out because it was supposed to be a true story,and the ghost raped her
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    JAWS... da dum da dum da dum da dum dadumdadumDADUMDADUM!!!!!

As a SCUBA diver I totally agree!!!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I remeber watching the entiy when I was little,and being really freaked out because it was supposed to be a true story,and the ghost raped her

The Entity was a messed up movie!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When I was 4 my sister made me watch Childs Play. I wouldn't even go to a friends house after that cuz he had the doll.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Mine was the Childs play movies. Only because the Chuckie character looked just like a doll my sister owned.

Of course now I laugh at it, but I wouldn't even go into her room because of that damn doll.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Im going to have to say when I was obsessed with watching True Blood, I got the first 3 seasons and watched them all... I woke up one night freaking out there were vampires in my room, dove out of my room to the room across the hall reaching for the light switch... apparenlty one was going to suck me dry.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It was health class... 9th grade.... that 70s birth video **shudder**

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist, Amityville Horror, IT
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Rosemary's Baby.

I watched part of it when I was like 9, and I still shudder at the memory. Didn't sleep (unless I nearly passed out from exhaustion) for about a month, fo' reals.
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    When I was in Jr. High I would stay up after my Mom went to bed and watch Friday the 13th movies. I loved them sooo much, but I was terrified for weeks after every time I watched. Crazy. And even funnier, my Grandmother loved horror movies as much as I did, so when i went to stay with her, we would go rent the newest, scariest movie, and then it would be our secret, because my Mom would've killed us both. : ) I recently watched Insidious, also. It was pretty good. Just scary enough. Saw (the original) scared the crap out of me, and an old classic that still scares me (because I hate clowns) is It. Don't tell that creeper in here who has a creepy clown avatar. Yikes! : )
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    Sleeping with the Enemy. When she walks back into the kitchen and all the towels are straight and can goods lined up. It's the could really happen stuff that gets me.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    For some reason, movies that could ACTUALLY be true don't scare me (i.e. Halloween/slasher movies), but the ridiculous, irrational ones do (Signs/The Grudge, etc.).
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Scariest movie I saw, Event Horizon (in the theater)

Scariest movie I never saw, Poltergeist. My friend and I started watching it when I was too young to be watching something like that, and right in the beginning, when they go "there here" the power went off. I was so terrified that I still will not watch that movie till this day.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Scariest movie I never saw, Poltergeist. My friend and I started watching it when I was too young to be watching something like that, and right in the beginning, when they go "there here" the power went off. I was so terrified that I still will not watch that movie till this day.

That one was pretty awful, too!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    It is really silly but Jeepers Creepers. I don't know but something about that movie really bothered me.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The Changeling.

Still gives me the creeps, because for me, ghosts are way more real and have more of a chance of happening than some crazy movie like Saw.

Oh dear Lord! I still see that damn ball bouncing down the stairs all wet!

For me it was the original Halloween which I saw on the North Eastern Ohio precursor to HBO and the other pay channels, Spectrum 2, when I was like 8 or 9. I saw Michael Myers face freakin' everywhere!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose. My husband and I were both totally creeped out, esp when we inexplicably woke up in the middle of the night after watching and the clock said 3 am.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The Shining is a close second. Jack Nicholson.....*shudders*