Someone explain this photo to me please!!

Options
2»

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your progress pics, babe...you got nothin' to worry about! You don't need to lipo a thing!

Just keep doing what you're doing and take that money and buy something nice for yourself as a reward for your hard work...

Cheers! :smile:

This. I have no clue where your going to get fat calls removed from your body as you look pretty darn fit.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    Ha! The I-Lipo device was classified as a massager. All it does is heat up the skin and surface fat/muscle (though argon or carbon dioxide laser), then massage it. The faux theory is that the heat and massage will help melt off the top layer fat to reduce cellulite.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/K101366.pdf
  • SordidEuphemism
    Options
    My guess?

It's a multi-thousand-dollar placebo.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    If the faux theory is true, hot yoga and a deep tissue massage will do the exact same thing.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    From what I gather: The laser gives your cells a jolt which causes them to shake out the fatty acid in your cells and forced into (this part isn't clear) your system, I'm not sure which part and transformed into an energy source.

Doesn't make much since to me, but the graph is probably only part of a presentation. The rest is probably explained by the person selling the product.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    High tech snake oil...
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wrong wall
  • emma110984
    Options
    Welcome to the internet, and its pseudo-anonymity. If someone's offensive, don't reply - that's what they want. Instead, click on the 'report post' button on the lower right and remove their input.

A troll feeds on attention.

agreed!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    This is junk science. While infrared and red laser light has been used in the past to stimulate healing (just as UV lasers have been used to stimulate skin growth) the idea that pulsing a 650nm beam at your cells will result in them shedding fat is untested and unsupported in any journal I could find.
    It is POSSIBLE it works. There are patients who have paid thousands who SAY it works. There has not (that I can find) been a legitimate, third-party double-blind test on the process for effective weight loss.
    It all comes down to the basics:
    Eat well.
    Exercise.
    Lose weight.

I am doing all of those things. I just had some spare cash and had always been curious so I thought I would do it and then post my comments/results xx

I will step up and take that extra cash off your hands for you. It will probably do you the same amount of good: none.
  • emma110984
    Options
    Can someone pleassee explain this in simpleton terms for me? Im doing an experiment with I-Lipo - and this is apparantly how it works...

lipo4.jpg

See my blog about it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TiffaniBarrett

See my thread about it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/522645-low-carb-ideas-for-laser-lipo

There was an issue with rude trolls on another post like this, so the moderators shut it down!! I've had the treatment, and whether or not the science makes sense, I lost cm's following it... get in contact with me if you want to know more or ask any questions! :smile:
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    At certain temperatures the lipid polymers begin to break down, the shorted the chain, the easier it is to use that as energy rather than store it as fat. That's how I understand it. I have to dig up my Biochem book and look into this a little more.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Looks like a crock of ****e to me. Triglycerides are the molecule your body stores fat in, so when they're broken down you're losing fat. Firing lasers at yourself seems stupid.. Just eat less work more

Considering the amount of exercise I do - I cannot eat any less!! I have worked my *kitten* off (literally) and now I am just doing a lil experiment with laser-lipo to see what happens. I am hopefully going to give everyone who wanted to know whether it actually works a decent/honest review.

Have you tried eating more, instead of less. Set your weekly goal to 0.5lb loss per week and eat back the cals you burn from exercise instead.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I could be reading this all wrong, but it sounds to me like it's a way of forcing fatty acid release into the system for use/elimination.

I'd talk to a doctor if you're seriously considering it. Your usual GP, if possible, NOT someone who represents I-Lipo and has a bias to sell the procedure to you.

great suggestion!!
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1. The cells in your body do not have cell walls - no animal does. It is not uncommon for an everyday person to make this mistake, but there is no way someone performing a "medical" procedure should ever do the same. That is like going to your doctor, and he or she points at your hair and calls it leaves, like on a tree.

2. The best case scenario that this procedure suggests is that your body will free up fats from fat cells to use as energy. The good news is that your body will do this anyway! If you maintain a caloric deficit, then your fat cells will release fat for your other cells to use as energy.

Please, do not let the technical-sounding name make you think that this is a real medical procedure. Laser Lipo is at best quackery, and more likely a scam in which the practitioner actively participates.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor, but have a bio degree, so at least I know the terminology and basic metabolic pathways. The laser seems like nonsense to me. Mitochondria in your cells help convert what you eat into energy. They are not going to be stimulated in any way by a laser based on my understanding of the biochemical processes involved.

The only externally applied lipo method I'm aware of involves the use of ultrasound, and has yet to be approved for use in the U.S., although that should be coming. Google ultrasound liposuction for articles about it. You can only remove a few ounces of fat in a single session with that, but it helps get rid of stubborn deposits that dieting doesn't touch.

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I smell broscience.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I want some 'spare cash'.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If it worked, altering cell chemistry and creating a porous cell wall would probably kill you.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you're going to do Lipo do real Lipo. I-Lipo looks like BS. Plus, if it does actually work freeing all of those triglycerides in your system at one time cannot be good for your blood vessels which is one of the reasons they suck it all out during regular Lipo.