3,2,1 cake - SINGLE serving cake

Options
TheMiddlePath
TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
This is from a blog I subscribe to. I haven't tried it but it seems pretty awesome!
http://notbiganymore.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/how-to-make-a-single-serving-of-cake-now-thats-nifty/

Attention portion controllers: be on the lookout for ways to make a single serving of something you like. Here's one:

Recipe for "3, 2, 1 Cake:"
Ingredients:

1 box - Angel Food Cake Mix

1 box - Cake Mix (Any Flavor)

2 Tbsp - Water

Directions:

In a zip-lock bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well.

For each individual cake serving, take out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container.

Microwave on high for 1 minute, and voila - enough cake just for you.

Always remember, that one of the cake mixes MUST be Angel Food. The other can be any flavor. The Angel Food is the cake mix that has the eggs whites in it.

Yield: 1 serving

This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is: 3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute microwave!

Replies

• Bitsysue21
    Bitsysue21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A nutrionist at work, mentioned this recipe the other day and said these were the Nutrition Facts....Amount Per Serving Calories 130 Total Fat 0.5g Saturated Fat 0.2g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 245mg Total Carbohydrate 30g Fiber 0.5g Protein 1.5g Calcium 50mg ...which seems pretty good to me. I will be trying this SOON !
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A nutrionist at work, mentioned this recipe the other day and said these were the Nutrition Facts....Amount Per Serving Calories 130 Total Fat 0.5g Saturated Fat 0.2g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 245mg Total Carbohydrate 30g Fiber 0.5g Protein 1.5g Calcium 50mg ...which seems pretty good to me. I will be trying this SOON !

Thanks for this! I think the single serving idea is brilliant. If I made a whole cake - OY - it would be gone!
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    I've tried it and didn't like it very much ... very spongy.
    Don't see how I could be doing it wrong. Used angel food cake and chocolate cake.
    My kids didn't like it at all.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later!
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just tried this after finding the recipe on Pinterest. I loved it!! Yes, it is spongy, but that is from the Angel Food Cake.

Every now & then you just need a little sweet treat & I think this is perfect!!! Enjoy!

**Some tips from others on Pinterest who tried it was to not overly mix it with the water, just lightly, until moist.
  • MarieMercready
    Options
    Delicious!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I just tried it and found it a fast, easy, sweet fix ...now whether I would be willing to give up 130 calories on it often is another question:wink:
  • lsavon1
    Options
    Tried the 3,2,1 cake and it was awesome...love the fact that you're not adding the oil and egg to the cake mix.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have tried this. I had a lady I worked for get this from Weight Watchers. It isn't too bad
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I have tried this with strawberry cake mix. It is really good!!! I plan to do it with chocolate for when I need my chocolate fix. My daughter comes home every day and asks for it as a snack. Her friends love it!! This is without adding anything extra ( cool whip, berries, icecream). Yes it is spongy but you expect that with angel food cake.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • nonniArteaga
    Options
    Bump to try later :)
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight using a pineapple flavored cake with the angel food. It was pretty decent. Next time I plan to heat up a pineapple slice with a teaspoon of brown sugar and eat it together with the 3-2-1. Instant pineapple upside down cake!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • adnerbdl
    adnerbdl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump!