hair band that stays in place

Options
Can anyone recommend a sports hair band that stays in place? In the past I have tried a few and they always slip off.

Thanks!

Replies

• 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've bought many and have been unable to find one that works for my head, so I've given up. I did however discover another trick to keep the small pieces of hair that don't stay back in check - I french braid the front, shorter strands back. Kind of like this:

http://www.hair.becomegorgeous.com/celebrity_hair/how_to_french_braid_your_bangs-1228.html
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There are some by Goody that have little bands of rubber threaded alright the rest of the fabric band. They fall off occasionally, but much less than others I've tried. Target or Walmart should have them...
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about Pre-Wrap, not sure if you have it where you are from. its the stuff they used to wrap with before they put a cast on, well they don't use it for that anymore, but soccer players have been using it for years because it doesn't move. I had the same issue as you. You can buy it at Sport's Check and Ardene (the ones from SC are better quality) they have all different colours and have zebra pattern and everything. It comes on a roll so you measure how much you want and just rip it off and tie a knot at the end and there's your headband! I was skeptical so she gave me some of hers and it works great! I think she said that it was around $10.

Good luck!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I hate those little hairs sticking to my face. When I was running outside, I would wear a sunvisor even if it wasn't sunny since it had a terry cloth liner to keep the sweat out of my face (why can't sweat bands come back into fashion?) and it would keep all the little hairs off my face.

My daughter has some thin ones that work great for her, but they end up slipping off the back of my head. I guess my head is too angular, I don't know. I had thought about trying a thicker band, but I'm not sure if it would stay.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    For a pony tail band:
    Goody Stayput High Performance Hair Bands Hair Ties.
    http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Stayput-High-Performance-Bands/dp/B004WPGHNI/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1331743026&sr=1-1-catcorr

For a head band
    Women's UA Mini Headbands Bands by Under Armour
    http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Headbands-Bands-Under-Armour/dp/B005GNT2K0/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1331742898&sr=1-2-catcorr

i keep my hair in a braid with the ponytail band & wear the headband to keep the stragglers out of my face, & off my neck. This is the only comfortable non slip head band i have found.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Those hair band things don't work for me either. I usually just use a plastic head band and some hair spray to keep those little hairs out of my face.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I never had any luck with regular hair bands, so I switched to sweatbands. I found the GOGO headbands on Amazon and they work great. And, even better, they come in lots of colors.
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    i don't have a problem keeping them on my head. i wet the front of my hair before i tie it back. spray some hairspray (i use the strongest tresemme kind bc i have crazy hair, lol) and immediately put it on. and voila. if that doesn't work for you, i have no idea. sorry.
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sweaty bands at sweatybands.com. Really cute fabric on the outside,velvet lined so no slipping and a thin elastic band on the bottom half so it's not bulky. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I use bondi band.
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    you can buy some really prettyones from Jenny Finch's website ( pro softball player) . they stay put and they are not expensive.. my child uses them for softball but i have alot of nurse friends that order them to wear to work!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    My friend told me about Pre-Wrap, not sure if you have it where you are from. its the stuff they used to wrap with before they put a cast on, well they don't use it for that anymore, but soccer players have been using it for years because it doesn't move. I had the same issue as you. You can buy it at Sport's Check and Ardene (the ones from SC are better quality) they have all different colours and have zebra pattern and everything. It comes on a roll so you measure how much you want and just rip it off and tie a knot at the end and there's your headband! I was skeptical so she gave me some of hers and it works great! I think she said that it was around $10.

Good luck!

I used to work as a physical therapist/trainer and discovered the joys of pre wrap!! I must have a weird shaped head because I have never ever found a headband that stayed on but pre wrap did :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There are some by Goody that have little bands of rubber threaded alright the rest of the fabric band. They fall off occasionally, but much less than others I've tried. Target or Walmart should have them...
    I agree that these work. Sometimes I'll stick a bobby pin, in the places that normally slip the most. :)
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    LOL....reading the title, I thought this was going to be a discussion about 80's rock.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    bump
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Ok- I use that stuff for EVERYTHING- it is called Koban roll- you can get it in any drug store in the bandage section and it is like $4.99 for a 3 foot roll- BUT- here is the secret- it is also used for horse bandages! Go to any feed store and look in their medicine section- you will find the bigger rolls, in fabulous colors, for half the price! Usually about $3.00 a roll for the colors!!!

I use this for my hair, but I also use it to prevent blisters- when I do a marathon or a 1/2, I wrap my feet (loosly- it will adhere to your foot shape- too tight can cause tinglies!) where I tend to blister, and voila- happy feet at the end of a race!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When my hair was longer I used a Goody's band that was clear (or black) stretchy plastic. They were fantastic. They didn't rip your hair out but they were strong enough that they wouldn't budge until you pulled them out. Other bands would just slide out of my hair.
    Now that my hair is too short to tie back, I use a bandanna. It keeps the hair off my neck and out of my face. My hair is a complete mess when I get back to the office, but I don't particularly care.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Bondi Bands.