Gym Prices??

Options
124»

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I would shop around and comparison price but convenience is important. I pay $55 for a family of 4 which is my discount from my company. It includes almost all classes, kid care, indoor/outdoor pool, indoor basketball court, also whirlpool & sauna. If I lived in the neighborhood we would get 1 membership for free so it would costs $25/30/month. We also have access to other Sport & Health clubs and their classes.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    We pay 65 per month at the family Y for our whole family. It seems a bit high ($80) but sort of depends on what you are getting. In our case, it has an olympic size pool, plenty of cardio and strength training items. I'd shop around. See what else is available. If they are the only game in town, that may be why they charge more. If they have free classes and such, that may also account for the increased price.
  • gritsinct
    gritsinct Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I pay $10/month including unlimited classes, weights, etc., but I did have to put $100 down to get that rate and I pay $29 one time a year to renew.
  • cheria55
    cheria55 Posts: 26
    Options
    I belong to a Holiday Inn thats fairly cheap, they have a nice pool and an ok fitness club that offers classes. Have you tried any of the local hotels?
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I go to Evolutions which is a gym/rehabilitation center for Tulare District Hospital. I pay $61/month. That's for me and my daughter. We have access to all the machines, inside track, any and all classes offered, heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, showers and towel services. The price they're asking for seems like a lot to me.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    depends on what they offer. I pay $40 a month for unlimited fitness classes (usually there are 13-20 offered per month, and i make it to 12 or so). This is not a gym membership, this is for classes only at a small fitness studio space.

The gym i used to go to was $40-$50 a month, with no classes (at that time) but they were open 24hours a day with a coded password entry.

If your $80 gym offers classes, tanning, pool, and all the equipment included, i kind of get the price, but its a bit much.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback everyone!

This particular gym has 2 pools, women's only area, is open 24 hours, includes all fitness classes and aquatic classes, has spa facilities (whirlpool and sauna), a fitness consultation program and Polar Body Age Fitness Assessment Program, and something called a Healthy Living Lecture Series. My friend is a personal trainer there and she said the place is huge and there are always machines available even during peak times.

But still, I think $80/month is a lot. I'll see if I can somehow get a deal...or I'll try to find a cheaper gym that's not too far.

That sound like the Lifetime Fitness near me! It is something like 90 bucks to work out at the one right next to my work. There is only 1 that has the lowest fee option and it is like 20 minutes away from my house.

I do Planet Fitness for $20 per month now. I will probably go to another gym once my contact is up so I can have more classes, but for now it works.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Manhattan gyms are rough, mine is like $125 a month. Thankfully I have crazy discounts through work.
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    $50.00 a month for me! (My gym does not have a pool :grumble: )
  • rednblack84
    Options
    I pay $75/ month. This includes unlimited classes, towel service, year-round pool usage (indoor and outdoor), not 24 hours but open at reasonable times, childcare and indoor child playarea that's twice the size of your typical fast food playplace.
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I go to Fitness 19. I paid $10 enrollment fee and now pay $11/month with no contract. That is for the home gym only. It is a little more expensive if you want to go to any location. They don't have classes or a pool, but I wasn't interested in those anyway.