1000cal/day diet, daily work out, not losing...

Options
13»

Replies

• cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    you will lose weight . Just think people who have weight loss surgery....all they do is eat minimal calories...sometimes only a few hundred. SO I don't really buy t he starvation deal after 2 weeks...come on you know you can do it just stick it out !! but try t o eat 1200 cals a day.

Those people have a LOT of weight to lose - as in more than 100 pounds. And they gradually have to start eating more.

You need to be NET eating at least 1200...esp if you are working out that much. Your initial weight loss was high but very unrealistic / unsustainable.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday, eat close to 2000 cals...and have maintained 120lbs since July....EAT MORE! Thats good new right;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So, tomorrow is the last day of week 4 that ive been doing the Jillian Michaels Body Rev workouts. Friday is my rest day.

I eat about 1000 calories a day, and workout every morning -- except for my rest day. The first week, I lost 10lbs, the 2nd week 7. Last week & this week -- NOTHING.

What the heck am I doing wrong???

Go forth and up those calories. Eat.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Just in case you were still wondering... EAT! Stop starving yourself, you deserve better.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    You lost 17 pounds in the first 2 weeks - most of that was water, it is not physically possible to lose that much fat in that short of a time, so your body and the scale are catching up - if you were measuring inches, you probably lost some inches between the 3rd and 4th week. When the fat loss has caught up with what the scale reads, you'll start likely start losing again. That said, 1000 cals per day really isn't healthy for most people, unless you are very short. You'll do better long term if you eat more and have realistic expectations.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record......EAT MORE!
    In the words of my father, "Great men repeat themselves. Repeat themselves. Repeat themselves. Repeat themselves..."

OP- you need to eat more! Eat more! Eat more!
    (You get the idea)
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everybody has been saying Eat More... eat back your exercise calories... but honestly each person is a little different and you need to find that sweet spot that while keep you from avoiding plateaus.

That being said, you should not be eating less than 1200 calories a day. That is not healthy. Before I started on MFP, I had literally put my body into starvation mode. I was working out like crazy and only averaging between 700 and 900 calories a day. I didn't really notice it in my energy levels - I was still able to work out just as hard. But with 1 month of P90X I had only lost 3 pounds (although I did trim up 8 inches) But this is where I noticed it - my hair started coming out in clumps... I got really dark circles under my eyes - I was moody all the time - my period became irregular. These are just some of the things you can look forward to if you don't eat enough. Not saying this will happen to you - but you don't want to put your body through that. You need to do what is right for you and only you know what that is.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    you will lose weight . Just think people who have weight loss surgery....all they do is eat minimal calories...sometimes only a few hundred. SO I don't really buy t he starvation deal after 2 weeks...come on you know you can do it just stick it out !! but try t o eat 1200 cals a day.

are you joking?

HAHAHAHAHA apparently not joking. But I can attest that some people when they hear the eat more theory what do they do? They eat more of anything and thats not what we are saying. Most of what we say to eat more of fills you up! So asking a person to eat more just for the sake of it is like leading blindly. We may think they want quick weight loss but it may be more complex than this. some people have a hard time eating MORE food because they simply feel full on what they currently eat.

I am neither for or against eating less or eating more its whatever works for that individual. now of course if they are eating ridiculously low calories and working out like crazy then yes theres a problem or so we think.

You're right. She is being led blindly...LOL.

BMR (also known as rest calories): The calories your body burns if you were in a comatose state

TDEE (made up of several factors): The amount of calories your body burns in an entire day (sleeping, eating, working, planned exercise, fidgeting, taking a poo...)

In my experience, eating a deficit of 20% below your TDEE while hitting the correct macronutrients will help burn fat at a sustainable pace while keeping lean muscle mass intact (Strength training/lifting heavy 3x a week helps also). BMR x Daily Activity Level = TDEE. There are a ton of people on here who have lost weight eating high calorie diets (1600+). It does work!

You can run your numbers at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
    Do the Military body fat calc and then the BMR calculator. It will give you a chart of what to eat per your activity level.

1 - 1.2 grams of protein x LBM
    .45 grams of fat x LBM
    Carbs should make up the rest
    (You shouldn't go off ratios but usually, 40/30/30 is good when changing your goals on MFP so you have goal numbers to hit)

Give it a month and see where you are. Weigh in and remeasure yourself. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday, eat close to 2000 cals...and have maintained 120lbs since July....EAT MORE! Thats good new right;)

I want your energy!!!!
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You have to eat at least 1200 calories. Anything below can result in your body going into starvation mode. When you are in starvation mode, your body can actually gain weight.