Has anyone under 5'4 lost 30lbs in 3 months? Needing motivat

Options
13»

Replies

• 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I am 6 weeks in and have lost 12 lbs so far. I'm also under a dr's supervision though.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I started off last May at 167 and by the end of August I was 135lbs. I just counted calories (1200 cals/day), changed my eating habbits such as eating for comfort. I stopped drinking anything but water because I was a pepsi fanatic. I made myself move much more than I wanted to, exercising 3-5 times a week. It helped me to start drinking protein shakes. It is doable depending on how much weight you have to lose, if that 30lbs would put you at your goal then I would say that it is not very doable.
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started on jan 2, 2012 and so far I have lost 27 lbs but I am really overweight and have way more to lose. I also work out at least 6 days a week and drink a hell of alot of water. Still have 100+ to go but I am doing it the healthy way.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and have taken 2 1/2 years of various diet plans to achieve the weight loss on my ticker. I have had a year of maintaining at a higher weight than I would like to be and am now working on losing the last half a stone. I hope to get there before the 3 years is up. Not a speedy weight loss but hopefully it will stay off this time.
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I've lost 32lbs. it'll be 3 months on April 3rd. Then again I've got a lot to lose.
  • sarahadele
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft and I've managed to lose 24 lbs in 2 months. I started at about 172 lbs
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    it depends how high your start weight is. I am 5'4" and lost that in the first month but that's because I have so much to lose...

if you are at a lower start weight it is doable but to do it healthy i think you would need to get A LOT of exercise WITH a balanced meal plan.
  • misslissa121
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and hit 30lbs at my 50th day, but I am obese, if you are just overweight, the weight is not just going to fall off so easily, and I have slowed down from 5lbs a week down to between 1 and 2 lbs. My tips, give up all soda and processed drinks. Even non-sweetened tea at a resturant has sodium in it and carbs in it because of preservatives. Keep your sodium in check, and drink plenty of water, this will shed water weight, and that can be a lot of weight on some people. Losing weight isn't a race, if you are eating right and doing what is good for your body you will shed pounds, and if you are exercising and strength training you will be losing inches, which is what makes us look good, not a number on the scale.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and have lost 66 pounds since November 2011- going from 310 pounds to 244 pounds. I still have about 120 pounds left to lose, so obviously I am a big woman with a long way left to go. I work out for an hour and a half, 7 days a week, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and eat around 1200 calories a day. I certainly don't have an eating disorder- in fact, I am eating healthier and better than I ever have.
    Losing 30 pounds in 3 months can be done, but it will take hard work and dedication. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and lost 37 lbs in three months. 1200 calories a day. I walk 3.85 miles a day. I also do Leslie Samsone arobic tapes at night. My doctor says I am doing well and it is healthy. I have another 32 lbs to go before I reach my goal.
  • bridgette863
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is also 30-35 lbs in 3 months, I have messed up a couple of times and havent weighed in a while so hopefully it will happen. Just do it healthy and be happy about any weight loss it is a blessing. I am also doing herbalife shake with prolessa as a meal replacement once a day. It seems to be helping and it energizes me too. You can add me if you would like.
  • vissky
    vissky Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" and have lost 9lbs in just under 3 months. I am consuming 1400 calories per day and swimming 3-4 times a week. I am enjoying losing the inches and having loose trousers than concentrating on the lbs! 30lbs is extremely ambitious, not to mention unhealthy. Stick to a realistic goal and with good will power you will achieve it! The easiest part for me was i drank at least 4 cans of full fat coca cola per day, that was 556 calories worth! Now all i drink is diet coke and really light ribena, which is good as you still get your caffeine fix ( i was never a coffee or tea drinker). Good luck!
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It is possible! I've lost 10 pounds in one month, and a total of 16 in a month and a half, you can do anything you set your mind too, it just takes alot of hard work! I work out hard everyday to acheive what I have been losing... but it is so worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!