Low Cal. Cupcakes

Options
Combine one box of cake mix with a can of diet soda -- add nothing else. I use Diet 7-Up/Sprite for white or yellow cake and diet cola for chocolate. Mix as usual and pour into 24 cupcakes. Bake at normal temp, but watch the time, I believe they bake a bit faster. For your calories, just divide the total in the mix by 24 (no cals in the soda). For the mix I have at home right now, that would be about 87 cals/cupcake. I promise they come out light and moist and super yummy!

Replies

• 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    OMG My family went camping on a "guys" weekend & I'm alone here trying to diet & your making my mouth waterrrrrrr. I could eat all the cup cakes in 1 sitting. I've heard of this recipe somewhat before. Does it truely work? :tongue:
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    yes it works and its sooooo good
  • mrsschoondog
    mrsschoondog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's a great recipe! My friend often makes it with white cake/orange soda... Yummy!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh my god if this works I'm going to love you forever:heart: My bf's family is coming tomorrow and I always bake for them, I have been killing myself trying to think of something I could eat as well!!
  • 1Sweets
    Options
    Im definately going to try this recipe with the Cola flavored & chocolate mix & share it with my peeps:laugh: :laugh:

My teenagers would also love the short cut as apposed to the traditional way which takes a little longer.

Thank you, Thank you...I promise I won't try them this weekend while I'm all alone with the kitchen to myself because who would know if I ate all of them:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Wow... I've never heard of this.... I'm going to have to try it!!! Thank you sooo much! :flowerforyou:
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Woah! Genius! Thanks for that info!
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    mmm yummers!! i'm gonna make them tonight!! lol i always crave chocolate at a certain time in the month and that is PERFECT!! thanks for the recipe!! :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    thanks I can't wait to try it!
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ideas for icing?
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    ideas for icing?
    maybe just sift a little bit of icing sugar on top?
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I use Cool Whip Free on top of mine. :love: :bigsmile:
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks fo rthe recipie!! I made them for my bf's family on Saturday and they were a big hit!!!! YUMMY:happy:
  • 1Sweets
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks fo rthe recipie!! I made them for my bf's family on Saturday and they were a big hit!!!! YUMMY:happy:

I made them too! Soooo good. i had to give them to my daughter b/c she's skinny & I'm not:laugh: :laugh: I had them without frosting & still ate to many of them. But great recipe. Thanks so much:drinker:
  • lynzefaithb
    Options
    I have a question about this. Do you only add the soda and no egg or milk or whatever else? Stupid question:blushing:
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    I have a question about this. Do you only add the soda and no egg or milk or whatever else? Stupid question:blushing:
    yep, just added the soda, I really didn't think it was goign to work to tell you the truth... but it did and they were really YUMMY! I topped them with fat fre cool whip, made them even better:happy:
  • lynzefaithb
    Options
    great thanks!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    This is the only way I ever make cake/cupcakes.... For frosting you can take a box of instant pudding mix...and flavor....you can even use sugar free (just use the dry mix unprepared) and mix it with a tub of cool whip (I use the free) and it makes excellent frosting.
  • maredelarosa
    Options
    Made these cupcakes today...Delicious!
  • 1Sweets
    Options
    This is the only way I ever make cake/cupcakes.... For frosting you can take a box of instant pudding mix...and flavor....you can even use sugar free (just use the dry mix unprepared) and mix it with a tub of cool whip (I use the free) and it makes excellent frosting.

Very interesting! What is the consistency of the frosting? Guess you would need to refrigerate? :bigsmile: I want to impress my mother-in-law ...she always has really neat recipes like this one where you would say "what the.......?" It's like a science project:laugh: