Best exercise for tummy!

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It starts in the kitchen and ends with squats and deadlifts.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    That would be the point of the pic :p She's still hot!
    Most blondes are (which is why I hate [and plot the deaths of] all of them)
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Cardio does virtually nothing for weight loss. If you don't have your diet in check, cardio can give you some leeway in the whole cals in/cals out arena. It's great for other aspects of your overall health, but it has no direct effect on weight loss.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • ShandaLeigh
    ShandaLeigh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what is this yall are talking about ?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Cardio does virtually nothing for weight loss. If you don't have your diet in check, cardio can give you some leeway in the whole cals in/cals out arena. It's great for other aspects of your overall health, but it has no direct effect on weight loss.

^ this

Cardio increases you TDEE which allows you to eat more and still have the same deficit. If you do a lot of cardio and don't feed your body there is a good chance that a large % of your weight loss will be from lean muscle.
  • MizThang
    MizThang Posts: 5
    Options
    I would recommend a combination of Pilates and some form of cardio that gets your heart beat up. Alternate them so you focus on your muscles, mainly your core (pilates term for stomach) and then give them a rest and do some cardio, run, jumping jacks, eliptical etc. You can't just do situps. You will gain muscle from situps but it will be under the body fat. So the cardio helps burn the body fat while you gain muscle which will also, in turn, burn body fat as well.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

Edit: changed my mind.. this is just crazy
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    It's a combination of what everyone is talking about. Cardio. Strength training. And eating HEALTHY. Make sure you drink all your water And get enough fiber in your diet. Not "going" every day will cause you to poof out in the tummy area. Good luck.
  • mickij3
    mickij3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

its sad, but i think you might be right! i virtually kill myself on cardio and still have a midsection...wow, you just ruined my day!! lol
  • erickirb
    Options

With this concept, no exercise would contribute to weight loss. Cardio as well as any other activity that burns calories contributes to weight loss. The idea is to burn more calories than you take in..calorie deficit. If you exercise, cardio included, you will burn more calories. If you eat them ALL back, no you won't lose weight. Some people lose weight quickly by not eating all the exercise calories back. Maybe not the healthiest way to lose weight, but effective.

This may be effective for weight loss, but not fat loss. If you do too much cardio and don't feed your body a large % of weight loss will come from lean muscle. To help ensure you retain your lean muscle it is best to get adequate protein, have a small caloric deficit (diet alone or diet and exercise to get there), and engage in a heavy strength training routine.
  • ShandaLeigh
    ShandaLeigh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good to know.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Believe the shirtless guys, they know everything about fat burning.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

With this concept, no exercise would contribute to weight loss. Cardio as well as any other activity that burns calories contributes to weight loss. The idea is to burn more calories than you take in..calorie deficit. If you exercise, cardio included, you will burn more calories. If you eat them ALL back, no you won't lose weight. Some people lose weight quickly by not eating all the exercise calories back. Maybe not the healthiest way to lose weight, but effective.

This may be effective for weight loss, but not fat loss. If you do too much cardio and don't feed your body a large % of weight loss will come from lean muscle. To help ensure you retain your lean muscle it is best to get adequate protein, have a small caloric deficit (diet alone or diet and exercise to get there), and engage in a heavy strength training routine.

I can't tell you how many female joggers I've seen around my parent's neighborhood who have such jiggly *kitten*'s!! They eat little and run...and they're jiggly!
    I want to smack them and tell 'em to eat more protein and balance out your carbs & protein and lift some damn weights!
    A mixture of strength and cardio is key
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Yes and no... you're missing some of the finer points. It's not the cardio that's causing the weight loss, it's the caloric deficit. My point wasn't that cardio has no place in weight loss, my point was that it isn't the CAUSE of weight loss.

So many people run around this site relying on cardio to help them lose weight when they don't have their diet in check. That's, at best, a band-aid to the problem. Diet first, exercise second.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

Yes and no... you're missing some of the finer points. It's not the cardio that's causing the weight loss, it's the caloric deficit. My point wasn't that cardio has no place in weight loss, my point was that it isn't the CAUSE of weight loss.
    That seems like the same point worded differently.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

^ this

Cardio increases you TDEE which allows you to eat more and still have the same deficit. If you do a lot of cardio and don't feed your body there is a good chance that a large % of your weight loss will be from lean muscle.

Double agree.
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Exercise and weight loss will help shift any fat, but to have a flat tummy after babies (I have two) requires strength training of your core muscles. Pilates is great for this - I swear by the Plank and the double leg stretch. Hope that helps.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My stomach has lost 3" in the last 3 months I have been doing cardio 5-6 days a week and strength training 2-3 days a week. I am always under my calories and drink plenty of water.
  • erickirb
    Options
    My stomach has lost 3" in the last 3 months I have been doing cardio 5-6 days a week and strength training 2-3 days a week. I am always under my calories and drink plenty of water.

So the reason for the fat loss is a caloric deficit, it wouldn't matter if it came from diet alone, or diet and cardio. It is the deficit that caused the weight/fat loss, not the cardio.