the age old debate betwen men and women........

Options
DavetheHYNIC
DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
In a shared bathroom is it more the man's duty to make sure the toilet seat is up when he leaves or a woman's responsibility to make sure It's down when she needs it??

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    I glued it down, so now it's not a debate..........................

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    We have dogs and children. Not only does the seat go down but so does the lid. Solves the problem.
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    Both men and women should put the seat AND lid down. It just looks better!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Why would he leave it up when he leaves?

Anyways I put both the seat and the lid down, so everybody has to open up one or both in order to use the toilet. This way nobody gets a preference.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I never understood why this has always been such a issue? If its' up and you need it down pull it down and vice versa! That being saying it's always down at my house guess my guy is just trained that way.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    We have dogs and children. Not only does the seat go down but so does the lid. Solves the problem.

haha this! the pets in the toilet is my pet peeve - theres 5 water bowls through out my house but dogs and cats prefer the toilet even when it has cleaner in it......so strange

also I think it's really ugly to have it sitting open and even more ugly to have it sitting open with the seat up. Also, I make the kids close it, then flush ;)
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^ THIS
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Always keep it down, it's never fun falling into a toilet.....:explode:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    The lid should go down, so it can accompany both problems.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    men should just pee sitting down...Problem solved!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

We also close the lid BEFORE every flush! It helps contain all those particles from flying in the air and spreading germs!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am in a house with 3 boys and myself, and not once is the seat left up. My hubby and oldest son always lower the seat and the lid, and even my baby boy, who doesn't use the toilet yet, will put down the seat and lid if he happens to walk in when my oldest son is finishing up lol.

Maybe I am a spoiled momma, but I tell ya, it only takes ONE midnight pee in the dark where you darn near fall in because the seat was left up...and your man will never leave it up again!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    There is no debate here. It is a gentlemen's responsibility to ensure it is down and the area clean for the lady of the house each time he leaves the restroom. Enough said.

(Hold those car doors open too.)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    It absolutely has never bothered me to have to put the seat down (except for that one time in the middle of the night when I didn't turn the light on and almost fell in). He has to lift it up after me, right?
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    In a shared bathroom is it more the man's duty to make sure the toilet seat is up when he leaves or a woman's responsibility to make sure It's down when she needs it??

Women are lazy. We have to pick it UP then PUT IT DOWN... it should be 50/50. I put it up, you put it down.

:drinker:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Always keep it down, it's never fun falling into a toilet.....:explode:

OK!! Ain't nothing funny about a wet azz in the middle of the night. Unless ummm...well you know *snicker* :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You watch Southpark last night, too?
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    South park teaches me that if we don't put the seat down then women can fall in and die.

I don't want that to happen.

Also we are using the toilet all wrong. You should reverse straddle it. That's why that shelf is there, for your comic book and chocolate milk. Plus you can just flush without having to look down at your feces.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I would MUCH rather the man leave it up than leave it down and pee on the seat.
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options

From a dude - ^^^^ this, EXACTLY! There's a lid for a reason.