the age old debate betwen men and women........

Options

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    ok here's the truth. I put the one down in the bathroom me and my wife share and I leave the one up in the kids bathroom hopeful that some day my daughter will be the type of girl that puts it back up out of courtesy. because that what it is all about, who is going to be the bigger person.

I'm trying to redefine compromise in my kids eyes so they don't always think that it means that the women always gets her way. ;p
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    We have dogs and children. Not only does the seat go down but so does the lid. Solves the problem.

We also close the lid BEFORE every flush! It helps contain all those particles from flying in the air and spreading germs!

^^ This
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    We have dogs and children. Not only does the seat go down but so does the lid. Solves the problem.

We also close the lid BEFORE every flush! It helps contain all those particles from flying in the air and spreading germs!

This wouldn't work for me because I frequently need to verify if its about to overflow so I can take action and cut off the water valve.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you! Wondered when someone would bring that up .
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Both men and women should put the seat AND lid down. It just looks better!

^^^This!!^^^
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well since I have been the victim of falling my big behind inside the bowl on more than one occasion, lol, we all now (even the kids) put both seat and lid down after use. Easy solution although it still "slips" my husband's mind occasionally.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If women want to vote then they can share the equal rights of toilet seat adjustment too, we're a little passed witch hunting now :laugh:
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Women are lazy. We have to pick it UP then PUT IT DOWN... it should be 50/50. I put it up, you put it down.
    [/quote]

I have to clean it, therefore it is my way. That one time at 2 am, when everyone got woke up was not a happy time. So mine is down.
  • I put it down when I need it!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less in our upstairs bathroom...

However... I DESPISE having to check to see if the seat/lid is down in the downstairs bathroom when we get unexpected company.

AND I had to worry about my daughter when she was younger.

Seems to be a power trip thing with my husband - he REFUSES to put it down EVER...
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

QFT. My husband is well-trained, but I can always tell when his dad is visiting....
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

THIS! ^
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is the last bastion of American freedom!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    While I put the lid down to flush personally, why is it the man's responsibility to accommodate a woman neglecting to look where she is putting her *kitten*? And why is it only this one room where the future location of said posterior not checked? You check for gum before you sit on a bench, right?

/runs and hides
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Oh the lid is put down for aesthetics.......I didn't know you could use that word for the bathroom. Me personally I keep the whole thing closed up, lid has to be down. Why because when something falls off in there I'm the one the kids call to remove it. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww daddy.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    We have cats, and I'm a klutz. Seat and lid are always down when not in use.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom....it's just me and my daughter...it's always down and lid goes back down after usage :wink:

However, my last boyfriend was really good about closing both...but he had two daughters :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If the woman doesn't want a wet butt, it is her responsibility to check it. I grew up with 2 older brothers...I learned to check
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I think if you had to lift the seat to pee then you should return it to the position it was in when you got in there (lid down seat down), that sounds pretty reasonable to me. When I go after I finish I put the lid back down, when I flush I don't like the idea of it spraying into the air and all that.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Both men and women should put the seat AND lid down. It just looks better!

^^^^^^^ THIS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS !