What CARDIO has helped you lose fat? Anyone?

Options

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Elliptical initially and now running. It's the best all over cardio workout I do.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    walking / exercise bike every day for years now.

keeps the weight off, and i seem to be getting more toned from the constant exercise. plus, neither exercise sucks. i don't even have to wear workout clothes.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    OH also!! good fun cardio to change it up!!!

go i a store and rip off one of those plastic biiper/alarm trigger tags... put it in your pocket and walk out n let the alarm go off.. wait for the security guard to walk up to you and then run away! He will chase you until you are off the property! so see how fast you can make it!! n even if he catches you.. you didnt steal anything so you wont get in trouble!

bit shopping centers are fun because its like an obstacle course
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    What CARDIO has helped you lose muscle? Anyone?

Fixed-
    Long endurance (exceeding 60 minutes in a single session without restoring positive nitrogen balance) cardio. Whether it's biking, running, jumping rope, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    HIIT. Hi-intensity interval training. Just add short bursts of top speed running to your daily walk and see the difference it makes in a month! I lost half an inch of belly fat the first 4 days!
  • torreviejo
    torreviejo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba or Kettleworx - a 60 minute Zumba class and you could burn at least 450/500 cals. Kettleworx is more strength training but really works all your muscle groups
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    cybex-arc-trainer-425a.jpg

If you have one of these at your gym - best hybrid of elliptical, stair climbing, running - I never hang on to the handles though, gives me a better workout and more core engagement.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Running. It won't make you bulk--as a woman you'd really have to be into heavy lifting to bulk up. Running finally made me lose a ton of inches around the hips and, even trickier, on the inner thighs.
    Myth. To bulk up on calorie deficit is an ongoing myth that won't die.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Spinning, kickboxing, rowing machine, running, walking & the elliptical!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    Bellydance!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise and running helped me lose some of the kegger before. Jazzercise isn't an old lady workout anymore, it's damn good cardio for 1 hour! Love and miss it!!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Spinning.
    Any sort of HIIT
    Incline walking on treadmill
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    what cardio has helped you lose body fat? please be specific.. i would love to hear some responses. running obviously isn't for me, i gain alot of muscle. body fat losss is my goal.

Cardio doesn't help you lose fat per se.. It helps create a calorie deficit which helps you lose weight. For the most part, cardio is cardio. Choose the one you enjoy most (or tolerate)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Running. It won't make you bulk--as a woman you'd really have to be into heavy lifting to bulk up. Running finally made me lose a ton of inches around the hips and, even trickier, on the inner thighs.

As a woman you'd have to take steroids to bulk up. You don't bulk up from lifting.

Indeed I'd suggest it's a combination of running and heavy lifting that has helped me lose fat....
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Boxing/kickboxing/muay thai. The resistance of a punching bag makes for great musculature, and beating stuff up is the best workout I've ever had.
  • bloomiesgirl
    bloomiesgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Spinning & Boot Camp
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Whatever gets you moving lots of limbs and for a long time... Aerobics, Running (personl fave), elliptical, cycling (stationary or proper outside), rowing, Cross fit, Starjumps...

Just about getting a high rate of calorie burn (i.e per minute) for as long as you can go for. Rowing is supposed to be really good!
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Running as much as I can. If I can't run, I love the stairmaster. Nothing like climbing the worlds tallest building (255 floors) in 30-35 minutes.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    what cardio has helped you lose body fat? please be specific.. i would love to hear some responses. running obviously isn't for me, i gain alot of muscle. body fat losss is my goal.
    Gaining muscle will ultimately help you with fat loss. That's why lifting is a magical remedy...

That being said--I do elliptical, spin, walking, and as much strength training as I can fit in...

I like this answer. I second it.