New use for Cool Whip

Options
cvpis4me
cvpis4me Posts: 50
My old friend used to stick Cool Whip in the freezer and then eat it like ice cream for a low calorie treat. Anyone else try this? I'm thinking about doing it for the days I'm craving something sweet. Besides, I have some blueberries in my fridge that would make a great topping!

Replies

• sallyann76
    Options
    will have to try that
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried but my try now. I do love cool whip!
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    it's yummy - i've done that before and it's totally saved me. enjoy!
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Put a good size dollop on a square graham cracker, top with the other square and freeze! This makes a low cal ice cream sandwich!:happy:
  • cvpis4me
    cvpis4me Posts: 50
    Options
    Put a good size dollop on a square graham cracker, top with the other square and freeze! This makes a low cal ice cream sandwich!:happy:

Awesome idea!!! Chocolate graham crackers would make it even better!!!!!
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Yum!!!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Yum!!!

^This!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    CoolWhip ingredients: water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene.

No thank you.

I would rather process some greek yogurt and frozen fruit together if I have a craving for something sweet and creamy.
    A few more calories, sure, but a lot healthier for you.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I make mini cool whip sammys. I use 2 Vanilla Wafers & put some cool whip inbetween them. I freeze them wrapped in plastic wrap. They are yummy!!! Sometimes I even added flavored extracts to the cool whip before freezing.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I thought I was weird for doing this..... lol. I absolutely LOVE the French Vanilla Cool Whip ~ totally bummed that it is only a seasonal flavor. It is so good to eat right out of the freezer.
  • lynzinnc
    lynzinnc Posts: 44
    Options
    An old WW trick was to mix one tsp of Nutella with 2 tsp of FF cool whip. It is delicious and rich. It might freeze okay too; never tried it.
  • melissabatmcnet
    melissabatmcnet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cool whip with Graham crackers. = Yummy :smile:
  • Jan0707
    Jan0707 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Cool Whip with Chocolate Graham Crackers are great. I make them often.
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    Have never heard of that, I'm probably going to try it now.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just like to shoot my mouth full of Reddi Whip Extra Creamy...
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I bet if you put a teaspoon of mint extract or whatever its called in it it would be a good mint chocolate chip ice cream replacement
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    coolhuhwhip.jpg
  • TinaSos
    TinaSos Posts: 5
    Options
    I even put peanut butter in it! So so yummy!
  • linguist98
    Options
    well this is disappointing... this is NOT they way i expected this thread to go... :)