Venting: Why are people so rude? Body compostion and weight

Options
Okay. I've come across some ignorant people in my day but I think this one takes the cake! So I'm typing on a blog about random weight loss topics and I put that you'd be surprised how much a person actually weighs compared to what they look like and I put that I'm 5'2 145 pounds and sometimes wears a size 4. Why did this poster reply to me saying "No offense but where is you weight at? I’m 5’1 116 lbs I wear a size 5 and at my biggest I was 130lbs for a few months & a size 5 was tight and I could fit a size 7. So how are you 5’2, 145lbs & wear a size 4??? What desiger clothes do you wear or how tight are your clothes??". As I give examples of people like that weigh more than they look,etc. I get to the point where this person is just plain rude and tells me I'm a flat out liar. Mind you this person has never ever seen what I look like. I offered to show them a picture and they didnt except. Have you ever came across someone like this. I think everyone knows and its common sense that weight shows differently on each person.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Someone was just cranky. Its true we carry weight differently but some people do lie as well so that individual probably has some recent incident bugging them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are an amazing number of people who have no concept that not everyone is alike.
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's definitely rude. I'd pay no attention if I were you - you look great in your avatar picture!! :smile:
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know I win the "guess your weight challenge" more often than not (especially drunk, in vegas at excalibur). People genuinely seemed shock when I tell them I am 300+ at 6'3"

I agree you cant really guess the weight of people just by looking at them, which goes to prove that the BMI SUCKS!!!
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's definitely rude. I'd pay no attention if I were you - you look great in your avatar picture!! :smile:

^^^^^^ Agreed regardless of your weight
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    People generally have no idea that weight != body fat and therefore means nothing.

(FYI, I am 112 pounds and wear a size 3-4 LOL. Just saying)

I'd shrug of any ignorance and chalk it up to haters hatin
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    People are dumb! It also has alot to do with your body composition at that point as well. I have quite a bit of muscle, I am 5'4" and weigh 135, and I have been wearing a size 6 since 140lbs! However, roll back a few years before I had muscle, at 140lbs I was a size 10-12 and looked chunky!
  • translationmx
    translationmx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    People are dumb! It also has alot to do with your body composition at that point as well. I have quite a bit of muscle, I am 5'4" and weigh 135, and I have been wearing a size 6 since 140lbs! However, roll back a few years before I had muscle, at 140lbs I was a size 10-12 and looked chunky!

That's true. I got all the way down to 136 pounds, and the smallest jeans I bought back then were a size 8 :embarassed:
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow that was rude of her to say. When I was 5'1 116ish, I could fit into a size 0~2 (depending on the brand). People carry weight differently, and I'm pretty sure body fat percentage has something to do with it as well.
  • NanniesKitchen
    Options
    People are strange. They need to just worry about themselves..
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes too. When people ask my weight they seem to think I'm lying. I wear a size 2 in clothes and a 26 is denim. Right now i weight 133 but at 135 maybe 2 years ago I wore a size 6/8. I'd blame vanity sizing but I also kept track of my measurements so it's not that
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    NEVER GIVE PEOPLE YOUR ENERGY. Stay positive about ALL things. It's all good. When you think about it, it doesn't really change anything in your life.
    God's Blessings.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    May I say, it also depends on bone structure.........at my lightest 125 lbs I never got below a size 10........and I'm 5'4". BTW.......I love my size 10's......lol
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    At 150 i wear a size 10. My friend is 150 and wears a 14. we are about the same height. Its all in the way you carry your weight. Your pic is beautiful.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone is angry that she can't eat as much! :wink:
    Before I had children I weighed 167 at 5'7" and wore a size 8 or 10 depending on the brand. However, I also was a power lifter for alot of years...I say screw her opinion. You rock. Keep winning those stuffed animals at the fair!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND. I'm 5'3" 136 and I wear a size 0. People think I weigh 110 or under because I have so much muscle it makes me tiny.

Or they see my weight and think I'm larger and don't take body fat percentage or body measurements into consideration. grrr
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    She needs to eat some cake cause you are beautiful. At one time, I weighed 450#, and I don't look like I weigh 266...I am a size 20, almost to an 18. My mom is 180 and wears an 16. That being said, last summer I was 230# and was in a 14. Gained over Fall/Winter, but dropping it fast now that I am back on track.

*in mom's defense, I have bigger boobies :laugh:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    sounds like someone is jealous, don't take this the wrong way, I was referring to her
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think you should've just laughed and said, "Jealousy is one ugly trait - I'd be more worried about that than your pant size" :-)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Well I believe you because I'm 5'2, weigh 136 and I wear a size 4 as well!