Jullian micheals 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had their shoulders or neck hurt. I am on D6L2 and I had to drop the weights after D2L2 because of my shoulder. Same thing that someone else said, I am all for results, but I don't want to injure myself long term.

Yep, i honestly thought i'd pulled a shoulder they both hurt soo much so now i take 2 days off a week
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    I just finished level 2 a couple of days ago and had no problem with my shins at all. BUT I did do the modification moves following Anita for the most part. I didn't try to do Natalie's version until closer to the end when my arms were strong enough to support me during the plank jacks and plank squats.

Maybe you need to modify and go slower with less impact on your feet?? Also maybe make sure during the plank poses that your arms are supporting most of your weight rather than your feet??

Otherwise, sounds like a rest day or two is in order for you with some ice packs.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    Completed day 4 of level one today. Sore first three days. Much better now. My plan is to do each level for 10days. I feel leaner but, I have noticed I am much hungrier all day long. I am drinking a lot of h20 and trying to maintain my caloric goal.

Is anybody else hungrier?

YES! I was significantly hungrier by day 3 or 4 of level 1. Holy smoke. Go ahead and eat an extra couple hundred calories worth of something. It won't last much longer.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I started Level 3 today. :) I remember my shins starting to hurt in level 2. It gets better. :)
    Level 1, I used 8 lbs weights. I'm glad I did.. :)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    good sneakers help!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    I had to add some extra stretching/cool down afterwards or I got really sore! Lots of water too!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 15/ Level 2 and I really miss Level 1! My shins feels a little sore but nothing major. Before starting this 30DS, I recieved great information... STRETCH. Even my husband watched me do Level 1 & he said you really need to stretch. So it has been helping. And I have not taking a rest day. So I guess its whatever works best for you. :smile:
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am on day6 of Level 1. I am finding this very challenging. I think I am more out of shape than the rest of you. I had to take a 6 day break after the first day because I was so achy. But it has gotten better now by day 6.

I figure I am burning about 200 calories at 5'8" and 175 pounds. How many calories do you all think you are burning?

I am using 1 pound weights. Someday when I am really kickin' butt I will be using 8 pound weights. I know I can.

I don't find myself hungrier when I do 30ds.

It is so good to know that there are other people out there doing this workout too. It gives me the get-up-and-go gumption.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    anyone else on week 2 ? my shins are killing me

Edit {T_T i spelled her name wrong whoops }

Well im sure thats how she spelled her name before the "operation"

She does have some masculine characteristics about her. :tongue:
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I was pretty out of shape when I started. I completed Level 1 last night and although I felt better after the first few days it was difficult to finish. Lots of water and sleeping enough made a big difference. On to level 2!
  • karkenuska
    karkenuska Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2nd day and... I'm in pain!!! :S

I hope it will get better soon... >_<
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    - So I guess my question is this - What do you do to modify these workouts? I want to use level one as my "off" day work out- so should I just use heavier weights? I can't even feel the chest fly at all with the 5lbs i've been using. For level 2 - I just take a one rep break every 5 or 7 reps on the strength exercises i struggle with..

I'd love to hear what weights you use and how you modify so you get the most out of each workout.

I was in terrible shape when I began 30DS. I am in better shape now, but probably no where near what you are able to do. That said, I needed a lighter impact workout today, so dropped to lvl 1, but I used 5 lb weights for as many moves as I could, and did everything on advanced. (except those darned push ups, could only do 8 before I had to switch to my knees). I also used weights for all the cardio moves. Shadow boxing with 5lb weights is really tough for me!! Chest flys at 5 lb still is super easy, but I'll take as a recovery time for my arms, because the next move is really tough for me even at 3 lbs.

So basicallly I begin the move with the highest weight I can, and do as many reps as I can before I need to drop it to a lower weight. Additionally, you can use your muscles to offer resistence while you do certain moves. (For example squeezing during row type moves)

I also have started doing most moves while she is talking and explaining instead of waiting for her to begin. That gives me an extra 5-15 seconds on a lot of moves.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Day 6 lev 1 today. Getting easy. Probably will move on to level 2 on Saturday instead of waiting the 10days I thought I would have to wait.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    No problems with shins, fortunately.
    I do occasionally have discomfort (after doing Level 2) on my legs, right above my knee cap. For this reason, I am not doing it every day non-stop. I had problems with my ankles after doing so many jumping jacks on Level 1. I found relief by taking breaks and exercising barefoot.

I wish there was more stretching involved. The stretches that are provided really don't help much. Like, neck stretching when we're not exercising anything remotely near the neck? But no thigh stretches before doing level 1, which focuses a lot on thighs? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ummmmmm you didn't like level one cause of all the jumping jacks....yet you somehow enjoy the plank jacks????? so hard....:grumble:
  • westcoastredhead
    Options
    ummmmmm you didn't like level one cause of all the jumping jacks....yet you somehow enjoy the plank jacks????? so hard....:grumble:

Give me plank jacks over jumping jacks ANY day!! I find them way easier... not sure why...but it's the truth!!

Today is Day 17 for me!! 7th day at level 2... I have missed one day out of the 17 it was day 15 and I just couldnt bring myself to do it... I am working out at the gym every day and doing the shred in the evenings so I don't feel too bad about that one day. I guess for me it will be the 31 day shred! Now that I am past the halfway mark it sounds a lot more attainable when I realise I only have 13 more days to go... I can handle that !! I hope... lol
    I liked level 2 way more than level 1, for some reason I find the cardio easier... I haven't allowed myself to look at the next level until I am done the level before, so I have no idea what Level 3 looks like... I guess I'll have to see on Monday!
  • tantort
    tantort Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on level 3 and I did not have a problem with my shins. My knees have been sore this entire month though. I suggest bringing a mirror in the room so you can stand in front of it to work out while the DVD is on that way you can make sure you are using good form. But your shins probably hurt just because there are muscles there you have not worked in a while. And it is true what everyone is posting about level 2 & 3 being harder but that is why its important to be consistent and do the video daily so your body builds endurance.
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 of level one this morning, it's definitely getting easier and I think I can see an improvement around my waist and hips already though that may be wishful thinking! Trying to decide whether to have a day off over the weekend or to just keep powering through!
  • jkb1129
    jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I completed the 30DS back in February and have since moved on to her Ripped in 30 series. I started 30DS in January after not having done anything physically demanding for quite awhile. It was tough at first, and my knees did feel a little creaky, but once I started to notice the tone in my arms, legs and abs, I was hooked! Level 2 was actually worse for me than level 3, if that makes anyone feel better who's currently stuck in level 2 right now. All of the plank moves were killer.

One thing that I think helps keep the aches away for me is yoga. I do 30-60 minutes of yoga twice on the weekends (only time I can fit it in), and it's amazing how much better you feel afterwards. Your muscles are so tight from Jillian's moves - it's a welcome relief! I also rest two days/week because I agree that you need to give your muscles some time to recoup. Between the 30DS and logging my food religiously on here, I've lost ten pounds so far, so I'm pretty happy!

I've also started incorporating NMTZ and BFBM on the weekends when I have more time, and I can tell that's making a difference too. So to all of the JM newbies out there - hang in there! Stretch, rest, and keep going! :happy:
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I started Level 2 day 1 yesterday. I hate plank jacks! I liked the ab exercises better in Level 1. I reallyh need to improve my upper body strength and I think this level will help with this. Only 9 more days of Level 2!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!