New use for Cool Whip

Options
12346»

Replies

• momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love cool whip on my jello, will have to try this one :) yum!
  • wakado027
    Options
    I put a dollop of cool whip between graham crackers, then freeze them. The graham gets soft but doesn't crumble and the cool whip gets a thicker consistency. They taste BETTER than a real ice cream sandwich. Each Sandwich is roughly 75 calories with fat free cool whip :o) Best summer snack ever! lol
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I will once in a while take a chocolate chip vitatop and slice it in half, then put cool whip in the middle of the two halves and freeze it. It's kind of like an ice cream sandwich. lol :)

Great idea!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Cool whip is disgusting in any form. Read the ingredient label. Use real whipped cream if you are gonna splurge.

Stop judging. If you're not interested in the discussion, just don't click on the link.

Now, as for frozen cool whip... I make chocolate meringues and put FF cool whip in the middle and freeze--Yummy and almost no carbs. (Not saying carbs are bad, but this is important to me because I'm a type 1 diabetic.)

Aren't we supposed to be helping each other make smart choices? Just sayin' cool whip is junk. That's not opinion.

If someone asks for help making a better choice yes. But in this case, no one was asking for anyone's opinion on cool whip.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Put a good size dollop on a square graham cracker, top with the other square and freeze! This makes a low cal ice cream sandwich!:happy:

Awesome idea!!! Chocolate graham crackers would make it even better!!!!!

FYI 1 sheet with 2 tblspoons of no fat cool whip = 85 cals
  • happyjoyousfree1
    Options
    I like to take raspberries or hulled strawberries stuffed with cool whip, and freeze them.
    you can dunk them in grahm cgarker crumbs first too!.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Sugar Free Chocolate snack pak mixed with cool whip and one oreo. Heaven!! It's not the healthiest, but it's way better than some alternatives
  • missp2101
    missp2101 Posts: 21
    Options
    Have you ever tried frozen grapes? pefrect for a sweet tooth moment..
  • cvpis4me
    cvpis4me Posts: 50
    Options

Never tried this. I've always been afraid to freeze my fruit for fear that they would turn to mush
  • cvpis4me
    cvpis4me Posts: 50
    Options
    Put a good size dollop on a square graham cracker, top with the other square and freeze! This makes a low cal ice cream sandwich!:happy:

Awesome idea!!! Chocolate graham crackers would make it even better!!!!!

FYI 1 sheet with 2 tblspoons of no fat cool whip = 85 cals

That's way less than a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich, and MUCH cheaper!!! I saw a 6-pack of Skinny Cows on sale at the supermarket for over $5
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Frozen Raspberries are also awesome! I wouldn't be afraid to try freezing fruit, just to see what happens. You never know, you may find it's better than cool whip! I've had frozen cool whip before but I don't crave it much any more. The real stuff (cream) tastes better...obviously and I know I can't have any of it in the house or its gone!

For me, just none of that stuff in the house. That way, I have to learn to be creative!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    Options

Never tried this. I've always been afraid to freeze my fruit for fear that they would turn to mush
    fruit freezes great just don't leave it in the freezer for more than a few weeks!
  • caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    cool whip is an edible oil chemical laden product, i think i woudl just stick with ice cream and really watch serving size- you can have 1/4 cup chapmans cookies and cream for only 75 calories, and its really good, and satisfies my cravings!
  • Mandarz
    Options
    also - delicious dessert- frozen banana's blended with silk chocolate soy milk! tastey treat-
    or frozen fruit, mashed into low cal yogurt is just like ice cream, the fruit almsot freezez the yogurt
    you can also freeze fat free pudding into low cal popsicles. i used to make fat free vanilla pudding and then blend with strawberries and freeze- sooo good!:wink:
  • Mandarz
    Options
    Try this if you like pumpkin! Fat free Cool Whip, 1 can pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice! It's yummy! I got this from Weight Watchers! It's called Pumpkin Fluff! lol

ok so i never buy cool whip but this intrigues me i Love pumpkin...
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I actually remember doing that as a kid, but haven't tried it in years. Might be worth revisiting :P
  • lrfrank65
    lrfrank65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • adrienne0906
    adrienne0906 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time...just have problems with not eating THE ENTIRE container. i seriously have to hide it in my fridge somwehere so i forget about.. that right there probably tells me its not worth it haha!