What do you eat with peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• piglet1643
    Options
    I eat the reduced fat natural stuff and I love to split open a banana, spread PB on it and sprinkle with some shavings of dark chocolate. Then put in foil and bake for a few minutes...pure gooey goodness!
  • mariabito
    mariabito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I spread peanut butter on a waffle. Yummy! and filling too!

I also will melt 1 tbs in microwave and pour over scoop vanilla ice cream! :tongue:
  • osc79
    osc79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like to put 1tbsp on a piece of whole wheat bread and 1tbsp of natural honey. I have that almost everyday
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    Sometimes on strawberries or mixed in greek yogurt or by its self...lol
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING. Isn't that what normal people do?
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    It may have already been said but I measure it out and eat it with a banana. It cures that sweet tooth.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....

I take a whole wheat soft taco shell, smear some peanut butter on it, cut up half a banana, a drizzle of honey, roll it up, and EAT! My kids LOVE it!!

I"ll also throw some Marshmallow Fluff on there from time to time to make a banana fluffernutter roll up.

MMMMMMMM

:bigsmile:

This sounds great.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i always heard peanut butter wasnt all that great for you.
  • rhealavonne
    rhealavonne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got into eating peanut butter on celery. Measure out a couple tablespoons of peanut butter to keep track of portion control and unlimited celery for dipping. It is refreshing and the crunch is nice. AlsoI like to use organic or natural peanut butter or almond butter. They have little or no sugar added.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options

It can be if overly processed. Like reduced fat peanut butter, it's full of junk. Natural peanut butter with just peanuts or peanuts and salt is fine. The fat in peanuts is monounsaturated - that's the "good" kind.
  • kimiec
    kimiec Posts: 62
    Options
    Ok I didn't read all the post but one thing I like with my Peanutbutter is prunes thats right prunes I at one time though oh gross but I tried it am was suprised it was really good. I get the sunsweet one that are in there own little wraper and you can have 4 for a 100 calories and 1TBS of peanutbutter which I spread on the prunes and there you have anice little sweet snack.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i put it on my broccoli.. yum
  • katadams618
    Options
    Raw baby Carrots!!!!! I've tried to like raw celery and just can't do it!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Ok I didn't read all the post but one thing I like with my Peanutbutter is prunes thats right prunes I at one time though oh gross but I tried it am was suprised it was really good. I get the sunsweet one that are in there own little wraper and you can have 4 for a 100 calories and 1TBS of peanutbutter which I spread on the prunes and there you have anice little sweet snack.

I love peanut butter and prunes! My in-laws make peanut butter stuffed prunes every thanksgiving.. roll them in sugar and they make a fantastic dessert.. Of course, they're not as healthy that way.. but they're so good!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter on apples.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I put it in my oatmeal, eat an apple or banana with it. I have even found a few smoothie recipes that I am going to try. I too can sit with a jar of PB and a spoon and happily eat it all. so I put my serving on my plate and put the jar away. I do lick the spoon too!!!
  • PAVS30
    PAVS30 Posts: 12
    Options
    I eat peanut butter all by itself staright from the jar
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    what DON'T I eat with peanut butter!!! My favorite is graham crackers :-)

^^^^^^agree
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It can be if overly processed. Like reduced fat peanut butter, it's full of junk. Natural peanut butter with just peanuts or peanuts and salt is fine. The fat in peanuts is monounsaturated - that's the "good" kind.

A lot of the non-natural varieties have trans fats and HFCS in them, but the natural varieties, organic, etc. don't. I LOVE Skippy Natural. I know it's not really, truly, pure PB, but it doesn't have anything scary and it tastes better than any PB (including true natural) I've ever had.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I've been really hungry right before bed. My evening snack of a popsicle or piece of candy isn't cutting it plus I probably shouldn't be eating sweets every night anyway. I thought peanut butter may be a good evening snack that would keep me filled up. I'm trying to watch my carbs also, especially in the evening so don't want to make a sandwich. Other than celery, how else do you eat peanut butter.

I'm not opposed to just eating spoonfuls but me sitting in front of the tv with a spoon and jar of peanut butter is dangerous!

How does "watching your carbs" gel with candy and/or popsicles before bed? It seems to me some complex carbs would be far less harmful than the simple carbs in candy. I see no reason not to put whole grain crackers or toast under the peanut butter wouldn't be far better than popsicles or candy. Otherwise, how about apple slices or celery sticks?