For ladies that are 5'7"... where are you comfortable?

Options

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i'm 45 years old and also 5'7". I am comfortable at 140 and it's a weight i can easily maintain. I wear mostly 4's and 6's at this weight.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and just under 130lbs right now. I'm most comfortable from 120-125. Smaller frame. Medium *kitten*/thighs.
  • I can tell you where I am NOT comfortable.... 197!!
    I want to be at 150 - that is my goal.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I was 125 lbs, and 5''7 that was too skinny for me. I'm currentyly 252. Shoot I would just be glad to be under 200 lbs. But goal weight I would like to be 160.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and am 145 not happy! Trying to get down to 135 hoping I'll be happy then.
  • karimiller
    Options
    I'm 5'7/5'8 and also have a larger frame. My senior year of high school I was 170 and was a healthy size 12. I was really happy with how I looked and felt then. Right now I'm back up to an 18, which I hate. For our heigh, 145-165 is a healthy weight range. I'd be perfectly content with 165 and would be ecstatic to be 150! If I was a 10 or 12 I would be just fine with that!! I definitely love my curves!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 135. My goal is 130, which is where I usually am when working out 6 days and eating really well. I wear a size 2/4.

In high school, I was 111....yes I had an eating disorder. Spent a lot of time in treatment because of it.

In my 20's, I weighed 122. Then, in my 30's, 128.

It's all what you are comfortable with - it's YOUR body.
  • justnotthatcreative
    justnotthatcreative Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 134.5 and would be happy to lose a few more, maybe around 130 but with a fair bit of muscle! I'm a little skinny fat at the moment hehe :)
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'8" than 5'7 (I must have shrunk since highschool when I was a bit over 5'8" then). Oh well...any ways, I'm 151 right now and fit into a size 6 Levis and 6/4 at Ann Taylor. I've gotten down to 146 and that made the size 6 jeans really loose, so that's what I'm realistically shooting for. My MFP has 140, but after working out with weights and doing a ton of cardio I dont think I'm going to get to 140 (but I guess you never know, maybe some of that last thigh and butt fat will someday melt off--maybe that lazer that freezes it off--lol) Im actually really comfortable at where I am right now. I think I'd be dead if I was 125, I just dont have that type of body frame.
  • Triangal
    Triangal Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm 5'7 and have always been a size 10 since junior high... I consider myself medium frame. I'm 148ish now, But I definatly have weight to lose to get the "toned" look, I'm aiming for 140.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I got my Dads 6'4" bone structure on a 5'7" frame... My goal is to be around 155... I will re-assess that when I get there, as I have NEVER been there as an adult :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame too. I cannot see myself under 150. My lowest I remember was 160, back in high school, and I was only 5'6 then. I'm 5'8 (barely) now, and my goal is 160 (although I'm secretly hoping to get to 155, I just don't see it happening realistically).
    Heck, right now I'm 185 and would call myself comfortable. I've obviously got a few pounds to lose, but having a larger frame makes it much easier to carry more weight without looking heavy. I'm letting my body tell me where to go from here.

ETA - I am just shy of 26, and am wearing loose 14s with measurements of 42" bust, 35" waist, 42" hips. I'm quite endowed in the busty area, which helps with looking proportional I've been told.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    when I was younger I was 125 pounds at 5'7 and looking back on pictures it looked pretty dam disgusting how skinny I looked... After having kids I was between 140-170 up and down over the years and I felt great weighing that now I am well over weight and feel disgusting again :-/
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    I'm 5'7" & I have always been thicker, too. My heaviest I was right at 200. I'm currently 185 & I wear a size 16. My smallest besides when I was a kid, was about about 6 years ago I was about 145 & I wore a size 7/8-9/10 (I have big butt & thighs, always have). I loved being that size but everyone said I looked sick b/c I was too skinny.. I felt really comfortable when I was about 155-160, which was right before I got married. I was a size 9/10-11/12. but after getting married & getting pregnant a month after getting married is when I got my biggest. I'm trying to get back down to atleast 160-165 & just tone up, I dont want to be skinny, I just want to be comfortable with myself. My husband has always loved me for me, he doesnt care how big I am, or so he says anyway. but I dont want to be big forever. My BMI said I am OBESE & I'm only 25 lbs overweight... it's rediculous. It said I should be between 140-160 for my height. but I think 155-165 would be perfect for me. I think thick women are more beautiful than all these skroney toothpicks who worry about getting fat.. =)
  • barbarairion
    Options
    I'm 41, 5'7", and weigh 130. I was slimmer before kids but now I work out 6 days/week and avoid dessert and this seems to be my plateau weight. I'm good with it - size 6 is comfortable for me.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", 43 years old and feel my best at 130-135 pounds.
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5", 19 years old and I have a small frame. Currently I weigh around 112 lbs, and I still don't feel comfortable.

I feel bad reading this thread..
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'7" and 5'8", right now I'm at 168 and a size 10 jean, medium top, 39-30-42 measurements.

I think I'm shooting for 150 as an UGW, but I've never been below 165 so I'm not sure. However I'm not terribly uncomfortable with my body right now, so I think that would be good for me.

Edit: thought pictures might not be a bad idea: here's what the weight looks like on my frame:
    HW, 195: tumblr_lynd0t8fu71qmv91v.jpg
    a few pounds ago, at 170ish
    tumblr_m080786TdF1r1mo7ao2_500.jpg
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Each frame will carry the weight differently, but I'm fairly certain that for myself I will be comfortable at 140lbs in an athletic body.
    I've been there before, and I plan to be there again :)
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can tell you where I am NOT comfortable.... 197!!
    I want to be at 150 - that is my goal.

I am a 194 and not comfy

150 is my goal !