Yes I peak at your food diary and must ask you...

Options
GG70
GG70 Posts: 232 Member
why do you not monitor your sugars? Strictly curious as to why not..

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any processed foods with processed sugar, so no need to.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mmm.. well THAT makes complete sense to me.. but I just wonder when I see desserts and ..yes.. processed foods in diaries and then I look to see how much sugar they are taking in and there is no monitor of it.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i dont have it listed on my diary but i do watch it on my mobile app for iPhone.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't found sugar to make a difference in my weight loss or my overall health (based on bloodwork and how I feel). I do tons of long endurance-type cardio, and to be honest - my best workouts are often fueled by jellybeans. :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Sugar is reported by default on the second page of the Food Diary (the "Printable version") - so I track other things on the first page that are not automatically tracked anyway.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    id rather track other things, and i havent noticed sugar making a difference in my weight loss anyway.
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't always come in under. I mainly monitor my sodium though. I often wonder why more people don't monitor that.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Because I think it's silly that a kiwi, a banana, and a sweet potato will put me 'over' on sugar. And, I just really don't care.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't found sugar to make a difference in my weight loss or my overall health (based on bloodwork and how I feel). I do tons of long endurance-type cardio, and to be honest - my best workouts are often fueled by jellybeans. :-)

^^ This AND because alot of my sugars come from fruit... I <3 fruit. :bigsmile:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Because after the Macros, Fiber and Sodium are the next most important to me and there is more room to monitor anything else.

Fiber aids in digestion and helps you feel fuller.

High sodium causes me to retain water and I have high blood pressure so I need to make sure I keep this down.
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do, but I generally go over due to increasing my fruit intake.
  • paletendril
    Options
    Because I think it's sill that a kiwi, a banana, and a sweet potato will put me 'over' on sugar. And, I just really don't care.

This!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Sugars are a subcategory of carbs and are monitored under the carbs section!!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am more interested in the amount of iron I am taking in...... and although I love sugar I don't eat much of it as it is my downfall. Once I start I can't stop.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Because my sugar intake hasn't hindered my weight loss in any fashion.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Because the sugar monitor on here is immensely inaccurate. You should be watching refined sugars but a lot of my sugar comes from fruit.

I'm definitely more preoccupied with iron and sodium.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Because after the Macros, Fiber and Sodium are the next most important to me and there is more room to monitor anything else.

Fiber aids in digestion and helps you feel fuller.

High sodium causes me to retain water and I have high blood pressure so I need to make sure I keep this down.

This
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Sugars are a subcategory of carbs and are monitored under the carbs section!!
    ^^^^ this and also i only really care for protein.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The sugar allotment doesn't differentiate between added sugar and natural sugar. So, if you're a fruit eater like me, you go over even if you have very little added sugar.

That said, I don't think there's any good reason to monitor sugar intake, or avoid the occasional dessert unless you're a diabetic or pre-diabetic.
  • maethoriel
    Options
    I don't track it only because I have too many other things I track lol, but I actually keep track of everything on the mobile app for the Iphone and it all shows up there.