Yes I peak at your food diary and must ask you...

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Not enough columns. I want to monitor my iron, and I've switched the last column among a few other options, and currently it's sodium.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I added sugar at first just to see what I was consuming.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't found sugar to make a difference in my weight loss or my overall health (based on bloodwork and how I feel). I do tons of long endurance-type cardio, and to be honest - my best workouts are often fueled by jellybeans. :-)

Blood work won't show the signs of inflammation until after it has set in, which could be years from now.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Because I already monitor protein, sodium, iron and calories...taking away my sugar will just cause me to hurt you in various ways.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I do. I don't always come in under. I mainly monitor my sodium though. I often wonder why more people don't monitor that.

That is another thing I don't have to worry about monitoring since I cut out all processed foods also.

Fresh meat, eggs, fruits and vegetables have natural occurring salt and sodium, so need to monitor.
  • Because I think it's silly that a kiwi, a banana, and a sweet potato will put me 'over' on sugar. And, I just really don't care.

I agree!!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Because the sugar monitor on here is immensely inaccurate. You should be watching refined sugars but a lot of my sugar comes from fruit.

I'm definitely more preoccupied with iron and sodium.

You should also watch how much "natural" sugar you consume also. It is metabolized the same as refined sugar and can lead to chronic inflammation in the future.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Because I think it's silly that a kiwi, a banana, and a sweet potato will put me 'over' on sugar. And, I just really don't care.

Exactly this! If a meal plan doesn't allow me to eat a banana and an orange in the same day, something is a bit off on the sugar limits, in my opinion!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    because it doesn't matter to me
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    I do monitor my sugar intake but for the most part its fruit or a glass of lowfat milk that sets me over and I am ok with that.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I try to. Sometimes I'm on the go, so fast food is the only chance I have to eat and that can affect my sugar intake.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Salt and potassium records have provided me with a ton of information to control my blood pressure. Sallty foods are a bigger source of non-nutritional calories for me than refined sugar. My blood pressure is spiked more by salty foods than stress. I watch potassium because I have had medically defined lows several times (not good). At some point I may wish to look at my sugar levels, but I haven't seen the need in year that I have belonged to MFP.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I can only keep count of so many things at once. I am losing now,when that slows down,I will have something to switch up..
  • MommyLyssa
    MommyLyssa Posts: 134
    Options
    I find myself agreeing with almost every post! Haha :) There are many reasons I don't track it.
    Because I like to track other things and see where I fall.
    Because I like sugar and would die without it. Lol
    Because I eat fruit and watching it go over because of that annoys me
    Because I got tired of it being red
    Because I figure it is tracked enough in the carb spot, although I change that one up too, because I don't really watch carbs.
    Because...

Oh, p.s. Just in case someone pokes my my diary, note that all the low days were because I was dying. Not because I normally eat that little. Ha! :) I doubt people will go digging, but I thought I would post this little disclaimer anyway :)
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well I just joined. And haven't really figured out a food plan. Just winging it and trying to eat natural foods. Hopefully I will learn more as time goes on.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    because the "sugar" on here is not broke down into "good sugar" and "bad sugar (white table sugar) if we all stopped eating milk, and fruit then we would never go over on our sugars! I learned that from my dietitian. It was nice having this tool to look at, she told me to hide it. worry about carbs, sodium, fiber, and protein. ALSO MFP sets your protein TOO LOW as well! I almost always go over in protein!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sugars are a subcategory of carbs and are monitored under the carbs section!!

I thought so too at first, until I started tracking sugars and realized that while I could be way under on carbs, I was always way over on sugars. I think TOTAL Carbs is what we'd like to be seeing, but instead we're seeing that "other carbs" category - if you look at a cereal box, you'll see what I'm talking about. Fiber + Sugar + Carbs = Total Carbs.

I haven't stopped tracking my sugars since.

But everyone has their own priorities depending on the weaknesses they need to keep in check - I feel like my biggest weakness is sugars so I am one of those people who do track that. I do check other things from time to time, like sodium or cholesterol but usually those numbers are at a reasonable number for me, not too high, not too low, so I'm really not too worried about those for myself.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, an Oreo Blast from Sonic produces faster runs the next day.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Sugars are a subcategory of carbs and are monitored under the carbs section!!

^^^ This
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with sugar in my life.

I've always been within healthy weight range for my height, even at my highest (12 lbs. ago), and I enjoy sugar, even plan to allow calories for sweets consumption multiple times a day (gasp!).

I work out 6 days a week, and I have an athletic body fat percentage.

That's why not.