Diet pills......

Options

Replies

• CamsMama22
    Options
    I actually did take Hydroxycut Max for Women when I was starting out in January. I'm really unsure if it helped me lose weight but I did find it gave me a little extra energy. However I felt it also made me crash harder throughout the day. I did lose probably about 15 pounds when I first taking it, but I was also eating 1200 calories and working out 30 minutes, 7 days a week. I was also not taking the recommended dose, I believe its like a total of 6 pills in one day(waste of money). I ended up taking 2 pills a day one in the morning and one before I worked out.
    In my opinion I would probably buy them again and would recommend them to other people.
    If you take the make sure you drink plenty of water, up to dose slowly and don't take more than you need to. Also my boyfriend recommended taking them one month on, one month off, so your body doesn't get used to them.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! and advice! :)
  • CamsMama22
    Options
    I think you're probably exhausted. How early at night can you put your child to bed? Stay away from the internet at night time, watch a nice video or tv show and go to bed early.

I use coffee during the work day to operate but find (despite what the experts say about this) that I have sleep deprivation and have to find a way to make up the lack. In the weekends I sleep a lot lately, and I also have some days when i come home from work and just have a nap.

Even an hour is better than nothing. You feel like death dragging yourself up again to cook tea but in half an hour, you're much better.

Another thing is water. Not getting enough hydration will exhaust you. Are you replacing this pop with anything else? Liquid plays a huge part in energy I've noticed.

Other than that I'd start looking at other lifestyle issues. Are you getting up at 5:30 to get to creche before work? Any way you can change your life so that you get up later? Or go to bed earlier? How demanding is your child? Can you teach the child to be less demanding? Do you have every other night in the week with no after school activities or is it all just go, go, go?

Before MFP, I hate to say it but I was drinking NOTHING other then pop pretty much. All I drank was pop. and I have problems sleeping at night my son can go to bed as early as 7:30 and I can lay in bed trying to sleep but it takes me forever to get to sleep I even tried taking melatonin a natural sleep aid and it has done nothing. I wake up at 5:30am on the days I work. most nights I get between 3-6 hrs of sleep. I sometimes nap when my son does if I can but then when I wake up I feel even more tired! : / I can't stand the taste of coffee I've tried it lol even had a coffee pot for my parents when they babysit! :)
    Thank you
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You sound similar to how I use to feel. Maybe try to stop drinking pop. I had to do that when I started. Cold turkey. Done. You will be mieserable for a few days, but in a week you will wake up and be more ready to go and it should help you sleep better too. I use to live off of bottles of mountain dew and I had to cut it out as part of changing my lifestyle. About 7 months or so later, I can't stand pop. I prefer water. You get use to it pretty quick.

Also, most pills that give you energy will have similar effects to pop without the added calories. If caffiene impacts your sleep, those pills likely will too and it is a vicious cycle. You never get your sleep patterns right and always feel you can't catch up.

If you do end up trying some pills, I would probably try to talk to your doctor and work with them on it. Then, you can be monitored since a lot of them have some pretty nasty side effects.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your money or time with those diet pills...most people feel worse after taking them because of side effects irritability is is one...you have kids, watch yourself, kids push buttons and you can snap and thing could get ugly!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are responsible for about 1%-2% of your total weight loss. So if you lost 10lbs, then that diet pill contributed .1 or .2 lbs of weight for $29.00-$49.99 a month. Mathematically you're wasting your money because you could burn off that extra weight by doing 10 extra minutes of moderate exercise for free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lee754952
    Options
    No Ephedrine is not safe to take regardless of dosage. If you truly feel that way I suggest you find some "reputable" educational sources out there.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think you're probably exhausted. How early at night can you put your child to bed? Stay away from the internet at night time, watch a nice video or tv show and go to bed early.

I use coffee during the work day to operate but find (despite what the experts say about this) that I have sleep deprivation and have to find a way to make up the lack. In the weekends I sleep a lot lately, and I also have some days when i come home from work and just have a nap.

Even an hour is better than nothing. You feel like death dragging yourself up again to cook tea but in half an hour, you're much better.

Another thing is water. Not getting enough hydration will exhaust you. Are you replacing this pop with anything else? Liquid plays a huge part in energy I've noticed.

Other than that I'd start looking at other lifestyle issues. Are you getting up at 5:30 to get to creche before work? Any way you can change your life so that you get up later? Or go to bed earlier? How demanding is your child? Can you teach the child to be less demanding? Do you have every other night in the week with no after school activities or is it all just go, go, go?

Before MFP, I hate to say it but I was drinking NOTHING other then pop pretty much. All I drank was pop. and I have problems sleeping at night my son can go to bed as early as 7:30 and I can lay in bed trying to sleep but it takes me forever to get to sleep I even tried taking melatonin a natural sleep aid and it has done nothing. I wake up at 5:30am on the days I work. most nights I get between 3-6 hrs of sleep. I sometimes nap when my son does if I can but then when I wake up I feel even more tired! : / I can't stand the taste of coffee I've tried it lol even had a coffee pot for my parents when they babysit! :)
    Thank you

This sounds terrible. 3 - 6 hrs sleep a night is really bad. have you seen a doctor about it? I remember crashing emotionally when working really hard etc etc at a piano lesson, of all things (couldn't play to the bottom of the key - had meltdown) and the teacher, wonderful woman, a nurse - talked to me about life and then decided i had insomnia and sent me home with some incredibly mild sleeping pills, telling me to take half of one.

Within about three nights of taking these things I started to be normal enough again, to decide not to take any more. Another night or so and I had a fairly normal sleeping pattern but I don't know if I would have broken the insomnia without the few pills I took - they kind of broke a cycle of overtiredness so bad it was keeping me awake.

PS: Next time you can, say on a weekend, have a really lazy day, just lie around and sleep. Don't watch movies, don't play on the computer, just laze around, let your mind slow down and sleep. As to the pop - maybe none after lunch-time? I find water with a squirt of lime juice in it is really nice, stops it from being water, makes it quite nice and refreshing to drink.
  • CamsMama22
    Options

Thank you

This sounds terrible. 3 - 6 hrs sleep a night is really bad. have you seen a doctor about it? I remember crashing emotionally when working really hard etc etc at a piano lesson, of all things (couldn't play to the bottom of the key - had meltdown) and the teacher, wonderful woman, a nurse - talked to me about life and then decided i had insomnia and sent me home with some incredibly mild sleeping pills, telling me to take half of one.

Within about three nights of taking these things I started to be normal enough again, to decide not to take any more. Another night or so and I had a fairly normal sleeping pattern but I don't know if I would have broken the insomnia without the few pills I took - they kind of broke a cycle of overtiredness so bad it was keeping me awake.

PS: Next time you can, say on a weekend, have a really lazy day, just lie around and sleep. Don't watch movies, don't play on the computer, just laze around, let your mind slow down and sleep. As to the pop - maybe none after lunch-time? I find water with a squirt of lime juice in it is really nice, stops it from being water, makes it quite nice and refreshing to drink.

No I havent seen my Dr. for it. I plan on making an apointment sometime in the next couple of weeks, when I can find the time between work. I have cronic neck pain I was told by my Dr. I have muscle spasums in my neck and back. My neck hurts constanty and gives me headaches everyday. Which also makes it hard to be comfortable and relax to get to sleep. My mind is one thing though its like when I get ready for bed is when it starts going! I hate it!!! (sorry for the misspelling)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Thank you

No I havent seen my Dr. for it. I plan on making an apointment sometime in the next couple of weeks, when I can find the time between work. I have cronic neck pain I was told by my Dr. I have muscle spasums in my neck and back. My neck hurts constanty and gives me headaches everyday. Which also makes it hard to be comfortable and relax to get to sleep. My mind is one thing though its like when I get ready for bed is when it starts going! I hate it!!! (sorry for the misspelling)

I think I may be your twin.

My neck/back pain - I ended up with a chiropractor who took away all the headaches, acid stomach and numb fingers i was getting together with the horrid spasms in the neck.

My worries? I allowed myself only certain times of the day to think about them because otherwise they got on top of me. To quiet the mind before bed I watch a movie or a tv show, which gives me something to think about. That or I read. then I go to bed and think about that, and not all the problems I have. Heh. I am learning at the great old age of 42 that a lot of problems go away on their own. The stress I was under when I was getting insomnia was incredible at the time... and the problems sorted themselves out. I still have a favourite dream I drag out when I really can't sleep - a hot little daydream from my teens about going back in time etc etc etc... LOL Maybe you still have one of those little daydreams? Where is your happy place?

:)
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    bad
    news
    badbadnews

mess up your body
    likely to put on weight you took off
    jitters
    not worth it

this gal has lost 115lbs with nothing but eating better and exercising more
    i wouldnt have done it any other way

*love*
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I take supplements to make me feel healthy. If you look at most diet pills they're all caffeine, you can have coffee or tea to get the same effect.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I tried oxeylean pro a while ago. It was great on the waist and really hard on the heart. Bummer. But I found a type of tea called Maté it has caffeine and matine. The energy is awesome and it's not so heard on the heart. The matine lasts longer so there really isn't the crash that you get from coffee. It might be an alternative to think about.
  • saeth1
    saeth1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don recommend any kine of drug if you dont need it.......go for somehing natural!!!
    go for hot teas like chamomile in the morning before or after breakfast, you can doit at night too, everything hot help....really.....
    combine apple vinager (1 tsp) with a up of water and drink it before any mal, is better if is in the morning......sometimes i use dr ming's tea, is made of plant and is good for digestion,......
  • CamsMama22
    Options
    [/quote]

I think I may be your twin.

My neck/back pain - I ended up with a chiropractor who took away all the headaches, acid stomach and numb fingers i was getting together with the horrid spasms in the neck.

My worries? I allowed myself only certain times of the day to think about them because otherwise they got on top of me. To quiet the mind before bed I watch a movie or a tv show, which gives me something to think about. That or I read. then I go to bed and think about that, and not all the problems I have. Heh. I am learning at the great old age of 42 that a lot of problems go away on their own. The stress I was under when I was getting insomnia was incredible at the time... and the problems sorted themselves out. I still have a favourite dream I drag out when I really can't sleep - a hot little daydream from my teens about going back in time etc etc etc... LOL Maybe you still have one of those little daydreams? Where is your happy place?

:)
    [/quote]

To be honest I don't feel like I have a happy place anymore! :(
    The dreams I remember in the morning are the ones that wake me at night. I have nightmares most nights .... I am under ALOT of stress! I'm trying to do the best I can at not worrying about my problems right before bed, it's like I cant stop it, gota work on that one!
    Thank you soooo much for the help and support!!!!
    Means alot! :happy:
  • loserforlife
    Options
    I started taking Phentermine extended release on March 3 and have lost 15 lbs so far...it really keeps you from being hungry and thinking about food all the time. So far, I have felt better than ever with a lot more energy...not sure if its the medicine or giving up all the junk food and sugary drinks. I also take a multi vitamin. I know I couldn't do this entirely on my own and now with some weight loss, I will be more motivated to keep the healthy eating habits up.

I am taking these as well. They are from a dr only and I loose about a ppound or a half a pound a day. It helps control hunger. LoVE THEM
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've previously tried them with a diet plan and found I was more reliant on them or some kind of miracle versus focusing on diet and exercise. This time I'm just focused on diet/exercise and have been the most successful ever.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If it's energy you're needing, try green tea or coffee! Once you get your body used to a healthy diet and exercise program, you would be surprised at how much energy you will NATURALLY accumulate. I worry for people who take these supplements...you're putting unnecessary strain on your heart. I don't mean to offend anyone, just my 2 cents.
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I used something called jimpness beauty http://jimpnessbeauty.net/ but i only take these (instead of a ten day course) 3 a week, on days where i find no time to exercise. I lost 3lb on my first go with these and the weight stayed off. Now im eating better and exercising more so not using them!
  • marrtini21
    marrtini21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful with any pills.
    Currently I use Herbalife, at least it's natural and seems like a complete weight loss plan what works for me. It consists of shakes and natural supplement pills. I do not feel hungry, I do have cravings, though sometimes. I'd go for something natural /safer first before taking a pill.