*FIT BY FALL* weigh in for July 27th

Options
Good morning all!!

Well, I'll start the new thread today...and my weight is in at 188.4!!! That gives me a 2.6lbs weight loss for the week! So excited to get down past the 190's!!! I am shooting for a 5 lb week this week. Yeah, that sounds like a lot...but I am hoping to boost my metabolism this week by giving myself a free day, again! Plus, I am going to kick up my workouts...hard core!! I think its doable...I've had 7 lbs weeks before. I know its all about taking in fewer calories than I exert...without starving myself! So...here's hoping!! Does anyone have any other great ideas to help boost metabolism, and push past a slight plateau??

I hope everyone is ready for one kick butt of a week!! Lets do it ladies! Keep motivated! Keep encouraged!! Keep those pound coming off! Lets set a goal to see EVERYONE'S scale move down by next weeks weigh in!! We are a tough bunch of ladies...and we can do ANYTHING we put our minds to!! Set a mini goal for this week...and achieve it!! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A WOMAN!! :laugh: "YOU MUST DO THE THING YOU THINK YOU CANNOT DO" - ELEANOR ROOSEVELT. If you THINK you cannot do it, then you can't. If you think you can, then you will! Keep a positive outlook this week! "LIFE'S CHALLENGES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO PARALYZE YOU, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU DISCOVER WHO YOU ARE." - Bernice Johnson Reagon. And we are a strong bunch of women!! :drinker: Life will always throw us twist and turns...and, thanks to Eve in the Garden of Eden (hope that doesn't offend anyone)...temptation is going to now, and forever, be a huge part of our lives!! We must OVERCOME that temptation! Keep our eyes on the prize!!! That candy bar can only lead to guilt and frustration, and possibly more junk. Choose...and all natural granola bar instead, or a couple of squares of a Hershey's Dark Chocolate candy bar (15 cals/square..and GREAT for your heart). That ice cream may be calling your name...SHUT IT UP! Choose a cup of sherbet, or an actual tub of yogurt that's been frozen (my FAVORITE TREAT!!). Try to squeeze more fiber in your diet this week...choose whole wheat over starchy whites! (note: these are just some motivational ideas). I do have a friend, who has lost about 30 lbs this summer, (which, I know is less than me...but she started WAY lighter...and it should have been a bit easier for me to lose more...since I had about 40 more lbs than her to lose...anyway)...she continues to drop each week, and is 6 lbs away from her goal!! Anyway...she has given herself a variety in her diet...as far as calories go. She hasn't stuck to one set number. She keeps track...and doesn't let herself get too high...but she doesn't have a set number she stays below. I can't do that...I have to have that goal number...but it has inspired me to have my "cheat" day. If you're finding yourself in a rut...I've been told the best way out of a plateau is a change. Whether its in your exercise program...or your diet...mix it up a little bit...and get the heck out of that rut!! :) I hope my words have given you some encouragement to KICK BUTT THIS WEEK!!! Get up and move ladies!!! And keep posting! FIT BY FALL ROCKS!!! I CARE FOR EACH ONE OF YOU...AND I'M EXCITED TO SEE WHAT THIS WEEK BRINGS!!! Have a BLESSED week!!!

Jen

Replies

• curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i didnt weigh in this morning i did it yesterday instead and i had lost 1lb! i'm hoping to lose another 2lbs this week, i think ive finally found the plan for me - gym/classes at least 3 times a week, and about 1400cal a day - seems to be working so far

good luck for the week everyone! WE CAN DO IT!
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    woohoo!! i found it!!! lol :drinker:

happy weigh in day!

Weight: 180lbs (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) :grumble: lol.... :noway: i actually gained a lb and lost it so right where i started lol....well no gain is a good thing too.

Goal for next week: 2lbs (178)

great job mrsP!!!! :drinker:

and so true about the plateau - that's obviously what's happened to me so i've decided to go low carb for the next few weeks. i'd been cutting down since i started in may so gradual to this point and i'm thinking that will help - a little switch to see the scale move this week at least!! :love:

i'd just like to say a big thanks to you wonderful people!!! :flowerforyou: last night i was telling someone about my boot camp class workout sessions and they made the most hurtful remark that it doesnt seem to be working for me:cry: i got so depressed and cried myself to sleep.....didnt really help when i got on the scale this am to the same old weight i've been since the first week of july :frown:

BUT good news!! i wont let it keep me down! i know it's working! being up bright and early this am and after receiving the not so pleasant weight on my scale, i measured too lol.... i lost 6.5 inches all over from neck to calves, mainly in my problem areas (hips, waist, thighs) so i rushed off to do an hour HIIT/cardio on the bike at the gym (12miles) - a major accomplishment for me!:glasses:

so yep, a change is in progress and the plateau will hopefully be passed soon-HOPEFULLY!!!!! :wink:

Keep up the good work everyone! i encourage us to make a challenge of posting at least once a day, keeping our water up & working out for no less than 30 mins every day!!

Thought for the day- "it's funny that while one may be looking to get smaller in the physical, their character and spirit may grow out of control"

have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC
    Options
    i didnt weigh in this morning i did it yesterday instead and i had lost 1lb! i'm hoping to lose another 2lbs this week, i think ive finally found the plan for me - gym/classes at least 3 times a week, and about 1400cal a day - seems to be working so far

great job!!!:drinker: keep it up!!!!:happy:
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    Options
    Curvykatie welcome back! And congrats on joining a gym! I've always discovered...it's money is motivational...and if you pay for something...its motivational to use it. Does that make sense? I always used the gym when I had a membership...because it was a waste of my hard earned money if I didn't! Good luck and good job on your weight loss!!

Fiftyandfit – Congratulations on being at your lowest in 10 years!! And as far as the fast food goes...just get back on your horse and Ride!!! "I get knocked down...but I get up again...you're never gonna keep me down"...

Hrcrosby – Good luck with your bootcamp!! And welcome! I hope we can inspire you!!

ClassiC – Keep up the great work...and keep motivating! I know we all appreciate you! Keep up your success!!!

Tamawamara – Thanks for all your ideas! I've set a goal this week to not only do my regular workouts, but also to "sneak in some extras" this week! Thanks!

TNYorker – welcome and congrats on your 21 lb weight loss!!! I hope we'll motivate and encourage you to keep up your success!!

Maddiebabe & Leeslim4life – WELCOME!!! It’s never too late to join us. (I'm going to say ditto here!) WELCOME!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I see that you are at 1400 cals. My daily amount is 1200 and I'm thinkin that might be too low. I'm not losing fast at all, I know slow is the way to go but a pound a week is a little discouraging. I'm just wondering if I ate a little more and kept my exercise scheduel which is about 5 times a weeks, running, wii fit or biking would help. Any pointers? Is your 1400 what mfp set up for you?

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]241320.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • mrsprazak05
    Options

I see that you are at 1400 cals. My daily amount is 1200 and I'm thinkin that might be too low. I'm not losing fast at all, I know slow is the way to go but a pound a week is a little discouraging. I'm just wondering if I ate a little more and kept my exercise scheduel which is about 5 times a weeks, running, wii fit or biking would help. Any pointers? Is your 1400 what mfp set up for you?

Try a "free" day...stick to your 1200 a day...and choose 1 day to "cheat" and increase your calories to 1500 or 1800. You'd be amazed how it boosts your metabolism! it seem to have gotten me out of my slump!!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]241320.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

MFP has me at 1290 to lose 1lb a week, it really wasnt working for me and i became really 'calorie sensitive' so i upped it to 1400 and now im losing weight again
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have been Yo-Yoing since I started and am fed up. Never joined in on group conversations though so thought I would give it a try . . . Mrsprazak your very motivational . . .:flowerforyou:
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that.

I do think that I'm not eating enough. I calculated my calories into weight watchers points and saw that I'm three points less than I should be and I know when I was doing weight watchers they told me I had to eat all my points, so I'll just try to increase my eating a little and see where that takes me next monday.

thanks again
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that.

I do think that I'm not eating enough. I calculated my calories into weight watchers points and saw that I'm three points less than I should be and I know when I was doing weight watchers they told me I had to eat all my points, so I'll just try to increase my eating a little and see where that takes me next monday.

thanks again

Yeah, it's hard to get into the mindset of..."you must eat to lose weight! " LOL :laugh:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!! :flowerforyou:

Back on track and moving down on the numbers!! :flowerforyou:

Congrats to all who posted numbers and posted on the thread! Let's keep this going,
    we are a GREAT group!!

Countdown to W day......leave for Vegas Wednesday nite after work.......
    my new mantra......."Stay away from the buffet, stay away from the buffet"!!! :laugh:

ClassiC.......screw what others say!! You're out there working your butt off (literally!)
    look at those measurements!! You're probably trading fat for muscle!! Keep up the good work!!

Stay true to yourself

Pam :flowerforyou:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the old thread & wanted to post it heare as well!

Good morning Ladies,
    I weighed in this morning & went from 196 to 194.4 So, I will never weigh myself at night again!
    Today is my day 1, I had a Herbal Life shake with a medium banana....I have my water at my side & will do my work out tonight after work!

I hope you all have a great day! Stay focused & remember we can do this!!!

Until Later, Lee!

*****************************************************************************************************
    MrsP. You are such an inspiration I love your words of encouragement today, thank you for that! Congrats to everyones weight lost this week, you all GO!!!
    I am setting a goal to lose 2lbs this week, if more the merrier.

I have some questions for anyone that knows an answer.

In my MFP calculator I am supposed to take in 1220 calories in a day, am I supposed to burn that many in a day in my workouts?

I've always plateaued & fear of that so if you wouldn't mind sharing what foods do you include in your cheat days?

Anyone know of any high carb snacks that have very little or no Protein? I'm 4g away from going over & didn't even have my non fat yogurt or cottage cheese! :frown:

I'm looking forward to my workout tonight & then a nice walk around the lake with the kids. Can't wait to read you all's posts so keep posting!!
    Have a great one!!
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, i'll repost. I'm an early bird so I posted at about 6 - 6:30. Jen thanks, you definatly help keep me motivated! Loved your post today. I would love to lose 5 lbs this week! I was thinking that would put me at 119!! Woohooo, how exciting, it's been sooo hard to get past this 125 mark. Keep up the great work ladies!!!

7/06 - 128
    7/13 - 126.5
    7/20 - 125.5
    7/27 - 124
    8/03 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -

Goal Weight - 112
    Total Lose- 4
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted my weigh in for the day, because I forgot to weigh in at the gym this morning, and I refuse to have those devilish scales at my house, so, I will weigh-in in the morning and post....hopefully good things will come along with that!

I did start my "bootcamp" at the YMCA this morning, and I absolutely love it!!! I don't think I have ever sweat as much as I did in the 45 minutes I was out there this morning! The best part was that I 100% loved it! I haven't felt that good in a LONG time! It was packed full of lunges, squats, push ups, cruches, planks, running, walking, stretching, everything you could imagine!!

I also have decided to play co-ed softball with my church league again for the first time in 4 yrs....I can't wait for our first game tonight, but anticipate being VERY sore tomorrow from the double duty of the work outs!
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Hi All,
    I did Kenpo & Ab Ripper X tonight I made it through but, I was so fatigue. I only burned 270 calories, not nearly as much as my daily food in take. Counting calories is really hard for me, I am feeling hungry especially before I did my workout. I am going to have to move some things around to see what really works for me.

Anyone mind posting some meals that they eat throughout the day? I would truly appreciate!

Countindown, that’s great! I used to play coed softball for my job but, now that I work from home (PA) it’s too far (NJ)! Good luck with your game tonight! And Congratulations to all of you Loser’s today…keep dropping that wait! Have a great evening!
  • shereen647
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted, had a medical emergency in my family and didnt have time to even get on the comp. My husband is diabetic and doesn't want to admit it even though he's known for 2 years now. He won't take meds or even check his sugar so we have emergencies fairly often as you can imagine. I'll be going back to work on Wednesday. Im so glad everyone is doing well, any loss is still a loss and a step in the right direction. I've stayed the same but I consider that a win since I was eating hospital food and out of vending. I did take my first zumba class today and that was alot of fun. I burned 407 calories for the hour class. As with meals and my calorie limit, I know I have to plan my meals the day before. I don't cook everything but I write my ideas of what my meals will be. If I dont I tend to do something implusive or eat too many calories at a single meal and not leave enough for later.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Shereen647 - that's a lot of scary stuff you've been through...and you still managed to take your first zumba class! Amazing! Hopefully, your husband will see the light and deal with his health soon. In the meantime, take good care of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So i weighed in and have not lost any this week. I am still weighing in at 246lbs but i also fell off the wagon all weekend ( well actually the last 2 weeks) so this week I am back at it hard core.

I got up at 5:30 and did the Couch to 5Km week 2 run and then the 30 day shred by Jillian micheals before going to work at 9am. I am feeling way better getting up and moving earlier. I hope to see 1.5-2lbs down by next Monday :)
  • ClassiC
    Options
    ok folksies!! i'm back for a night post b/c may not get to in the am...hehehe:flowerforyou:

looks like everyone has has been doing great work and keeping spirits high!!! lovely!!!!:love:

since i workd out this am, i got to do something different tonight lol.... i'm baking! low carb, low calorie chocolate cake (got the recipe from the atkins website- some great recipes on there!) looks edible.. lol... will have to let u know about the taste:laugh: looking for sweet treat alternatives at every turn and my coworkers are trying to get on the healthy track too so figured i'd try a good treat for them too! :happy: :tongue:

i got this message in a company newsletter last week (that i just read today:embarassed: ) and thought i would share b/c it 's quite inspiring to me and i thought u guys would like it too:flowerforyou:

“RISK”
    By Fran Watson

Do not be afraid to shine.
    This world needs what you have to give.
    Open up the areas of your being;
    expose them to yourself - to others.
    You are valuable.
    You are unique.
    You have much to give.
    Do not be afraid to give it.
    As we risk ourselves, we grow.
    Each new experience is a risk:
    we can try, and maybe fail,
    and as a result, grow -
    or hold back and stagnate.
    You have the potential
    to be anything you want to be!
    You are free to choose.
    You are limited only by your fears.
    Let your dreams take over,
    fly with the eagles,
    soar into life,
    the world is waiting for you!

I think we all have the wonderful abilities within us to accomplish our goals and we will!! we are shining for ourselves and for the world to see, with every effort we make towards this weight loss journey. every stumble or set back or weekly weigh in "mishap" is only the building block to our greatness!! please dont give up and dont give in to the food, no-workout-mindset or other people's opinions (i'm obviously guilty of that too).... we deserve this and we are EAGLES!!! FBF rules!!! woot!!
    thats my pre-tomorrow thought:blushing: sorry for the long post- i'm long winded sumtimes :embarassed:

have a great night and tuesday!!!!
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Shereen,
    Way to keep pushing, in spite of all that’s going on in your life you kicked butt in Zumba burning 407 calories, you go girl!!

Jklm, Thank you for the addy! :flowerforyou:

Maddie- that’s the way to do it, dust your shoulders off & come back full throttle!! You’ll see the number shrink! I heard the Jillian Shred workout is no joke. I have her Wii game & love it..great way to burn calories + have fun at the same time! Keep up the great work! :wink:

Classic, thank you for your words of inpiration!!! I can sleep on them tonight & push my hardest tomorrow! Enjoy your Atkins treat! :happy: