One for the ladies....

Options
124»

Replies

• mmpedroza
    Options
    They say eating dill pickles makes a chocolate craving go away. I'll have to do further research on it, but it's worth a shot if you like pickles.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's chocolate, not crack. Geez.

Personally, I never understood the whole chocolate craving thing. I eat chocolate once every six months maybe.
    If you want it, budget it into your daily calories. You want that extra chocolate bar a day, have a plan to burn that thing off in the same day.
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Give up the excess sugar. It is empty calories. Try the frozen grapes...they are yummy! Good Luck! :wink:
  • chiverly
    chiverly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of Aldi Mint Hot Chocolate - 40 calories, warms you up, gives you the chocolate fix and only 40 cals.

I can also make one square of Cadburys Caramel (my weakness) last for 15 minutes - freeze it then let it slowly melt in your mouth - 3 squares = 45 minutes and 110 calories.

Agree re the iron thing too.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Instead of a little square of dark chocolate, why not a whole bar of dark chocolate (or at least until you get sick of it?) I wonder if you are addicted to the sugar and other fillings making up most of your milk chocolate bars more so than the chocolate. If it really is the chocolate, eating a high quality dark chocolate will almost certainly help you keep it in check.
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    The only advice I have is difficult...break the habit. I mean all of it, no sugar of any kind, no chocolates, fruit, sweetened drinks etc. . It usually takes about 2 weeks to detox from the sugar, the first 4-5 days are the worst but after that it's not as difficult. You become so used to have the hit from sugar that you start to crave it and if you have a little you want more. Just the way it is with sugar. Once your reliance has subsided having just a little is more manageable.

This is true. I've helped someone diet and they had a severe sweet tooth, and they also had diabetes. We cut out ALL sugar (including complex carbs that turn into sugar), they ate mostly meat and veggies, drank coffee or water, and 2 weeks later their craving for sugary sweet things was gone, along with their craving for white bread! We both couldn't believe how well it had worked, it's just getting through those 2 weeks. That was almost a year ago, he can eat sweet stuff now and then, but still doesn't crave it.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I, too, love chocolate and make it a point to have some every day! I've lost 90 lbs in 13 months, so I am having some success at this weight loss thing! :) I make sure to allow for the calories each day and that has not been a problem.

I usually eat one very decadent and yummy chocolate (which averages about 85-110 calories), and relish it slowly! I also enjoy fat free hot cocoa which is 20 calories for a delicious 6 ounce serving, (Because it's hot, you're forced to drink it slowly.) I'll also have a fiber bar each day (flavors: dark chocolate almond, chocolate chip or chocolate peanut butter), which is 120-130 calories. This satisfies my sweet tooth and benefits my fiber intake.

I truly believe that it's quite fine to enjoy the foods we love. Measuring how much of it we have each day ensures that we don't go overboard and still allows us the little "luxuries". I believe that has been one ingredient in my success; I have not felt as if I'm missing out or being punished by only being able to eating raw carrots and celery. ;)

If most of my daily calorie intake is fresh and healthy foods, having a chocolate easily fits in and keeps this easy to do.

Hope this helps a bit!!
  • Dixietrink82
    Dixietrink82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What about dried cherries? I bought some when my husband had gout and they were soooo super sweet I could only eat a few. Had the consistency of gummy bears. Could be worth a shot.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Use Hershey's cocoa and make homemade hot chocolate (with milk). You get some calcium and protein, not much fat and CHOCOLATE flavor. I use stevia to sweeten (not much) and a little vanilla, too. just whisk all of ingredients together to taste, slowly warm in a pot on low (be careful to not boil). YUM.
  • trinitymel1982
    Options
    IRON SUPPLEMENT!!!!!!

Naturally during TOM a woman becomes anemic. She needs more iron! During TOM I typically crave chocolate of course and STEAK! Like I could take down a cow with my bare hands and go all vampire on it kind of craving. I've always thought, "Well, duh! I need iron." And I would have my steak. What I didn't know until I read it recently is that Chocolate is a great source of iron. It's #2 on the top ten list of foods with the highest iron source. It outranks Liver!

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-iron.php

Sooooo, when I read that, I started taking an iron supplement a day or two before and during TOM. Buh-bye, Chocolate Cravings!

ETA: It's really not the sugar you are craving. It's the Iron. Do you want cupcakes? No. You want CHOCOLATE! :-)

You are so right I just put iron on my shopping list..all i want during TOM is liver, steak, chocolate & bread .
    this! my chocolate go through the roof when my iron is low.