Shaving Arms?

JJinWI
JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
Anyone shave their arms? I've noticed the hair on my arms getting darker and got to thinking about this.

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    yup. reguarly.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    I do, have done for years. It has not gotten thicker or darker as people say. Its a personal choice but I prefer shaven to dark hair on my arms.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    If it's making you feel bad then just do it, it wont take you long
  • McMeggers
    McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
    i do it every like 2 days , i started it in high school because i have a weird thing wiht body hair now its just a habit, i say go for it
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I did for a while in high school, but after I was completely done with puberty they turned practically invisible.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I did for a while in high school, but after I was completely done with puberty they turned practically invisible.
    Your arms?
  • smahy0504
    smahy0504 Posts: 21 Member
    If you do it'll be next to impossible to stop, i would go get them waxed instead
    The hair will thin out and become lighter.. if you shave it will be constant upkeep and have prickly arms all the time!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    I thought my teenager was insane for doing it, but I must say I've tried it and I kind of like it. I don't do it regularly, though, I just do it when I look down and can't believe how hairy my arms are :) I thought it would be stubbly but it's different than legs and doesn't usually bother me when it's growing in.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    i used to shave mine when i was younger but i hated always having prickles so now i just buzz them with my finances little clippers and i think thats a lot easier
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    i use hair removal cream or wax them most of the time but i shave them occasionaly too :) x
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    I do during the winter when I'm not tan. Instead of using a razor though, I use those little electric shavers. I feel it works a little better and doesn't give razor burn and ingrown hairs.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    tumblr_lz24548eIX1qewacoo1_500.jpg
  • MissSonjaBelle
    MissSonjaBelle Posts: 43 Member
    Anyone shave their arms? I've noticed the hair on my arms getting darker and got to thinking about this.

Babe it doesn't get "darker" or "thicker", it appears that way cuz when you shave, you make the tip of your hairs blunt, so it LOOKS different. BUT hey, waxing is a WAY better option anyway, the hair grows back thinner! (Whether it IS thinner or SEEMS thinner, i dunno, but it's better than shaving.)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member

Babe it doesn't get "darker" or "thicker", it appears that way cuz when you shave, you make the tip of your hairs blunt, so it LOOKS different. BUT hey, waxing is a WAY better option anyway, the hair grows back thinner! (Whether it IS thinner or SEEMS thinner, i dunno, but it's better than shaving.)
    I assume she means her hair is getting darker so she's considering starting to shave.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    In my opinion, the only hair on a woman that we can discuss politely, should be on top of her head.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    All the time, even though I couldn't really see it, I don't like the feel of it on my arms! :) I sometimes wax them... had a few shave accidents!
  • f15htank
    f15htank Posts: 33 Member
    i use an epilator , it's like an electric army of tweezers and it pulls your hairs out. emjoy makes good ones but you can do some brand research online if you're interested. they're expensive like 65 dollars but mine's lasted for years and still works great.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    In my opinion, the only hair on a woman that we can discuss politely, should be on top of her head.
    Why?
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    i have more many many years...it takes 2 mins to do :) i highly suggest it
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Ive shaved mine since i was in middle school. I love my smooth arms.