Eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs!

Options
2»

Replies

• BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    photo2.jpg

This is my favorite. It is 1 egg and 1 egg white omelet with spinach, mushroom, garlic, and feta cheese on half of a whole wheat bagel topped with salsa. Yummy and filling for just about 250 calories.
    Good luck
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too! And some fab ideas already posted above. Just to say don't forget the humble soft boiled egg with soldiers for dunking - having it for lunch in a minute! Reminds of my childhood lol!
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    hard boil and fill will hummus!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Oooh wow thanks for all the replies guys!

I didn't really know what to do other than basic scrambled egg or omelet (that gets REALLY dull after a little while).

Loving the salsa on top - what a cool idea :)

I'll give some of these things a try over the next week and hopefully won't get too egg-ed out. Being broke really does suck! Ah well, there's always people worse off!

Thanks again :)
  • gvnyc
    gvnyc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This isn't my recipe, but I saw it posted by another MFPer somewhere, so credit to them!

1/2 mashed banana
    2 egg whites
    Cinnamon to taste
    Mix together and fry as you would a pancake.
    Top with some sugarfree syrup!
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Also, I love to add eggs to fried rice, stir fries, and noodles. I just made a very quick pad thai as follows:
    mix up 1 egg and two egg whites
    heat oil in wok and add eggs and either scramble or make into a flat omelette and then set aside (and slice into chunks if omelette)
    sautee leek, garlic, brocolli, mushroom, soybean (or whatever you have)
    cook some rice noodles (pour boiling water over and let sit for 15 mins or until tender)
    Drain noodles and add to wok
    toss around, add fish sauce, tamarind sauce, and srirachi chili sauce, and maybe a few drops of soy sauce
    I added some sunflower seeds and flax seeds
    Toss around until you get the flavours right and everything is cooked through.

YUM
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs. I make mine with a bit of lemon juice, a tiny bit of sweetener, minced sweet onion and reduced fat mayo which I add last and very sparingly. But there are tons of ways to make deviled eggs - spicy, sweet, with avacado, with tomato, dill, etc. etc. etc.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    How about an omlete? Just add some veggies
  • TigerMichelle1
    Options
    You could do a frittata. If you have any vegetables (bell peppers, onions, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, .... really anything, potatoes, etc.) Saute a little chopped onion in 1 Tbsp oil, add fresh garlic (1-2 cloves) all chopped up; add spices, herbs, etc. Cube up one potatoe and added to the onions and cook for a few minutes; then scramble some eggs and pour on top without stirring; let it cook a little and then put it in the oven for a few minutes until eggs are settled on top; it is great if you have cheese to sprinkle the eggs on top before putting it in the oven. Look up frittata recipes online..... It is delicious.
  • DoingItDarby
    DoingItDarby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a nice egg & bacon english muffin breakfast. 209 calories Thomas triple health hearty english muffin, 2 pieces of turkey bacon (eat another piece=3) & 2 egg whites. I sprayed the butter flavor non stick cooking spray on the muffin for 0 calories! Next time maybe I will add a slice of cheese(30 cal) should stay under 239. Mc D is 320 so u save 81 cal making it at home!
  • stefclaire
    Options
    Baked eggs and ham!

1 garlic clove
    Tin of chopped tomatoes
    1 egg
    2 slices of ham
    Some basil leaves

Boil tomatoes and garlic together and basil, Slice the ham add all into a small baking dish (ramekin) crack egg on top, then put in the oven and bake for about 10-15 mins can have a bit of bread too 208calories delish!!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    bump