Breakfast Help???

Options
2»

Replies

• DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Maybe make a smoothie? Frozen fruit, greek yogurt, protein powder & some nut butter in the blender... it takes like 5 minutes and you can drink it on your commute. It's definitely my favorite fast breakfast.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just made some lo-cal banana muffins. Not bad 75 cal each. Can get recipe just goggle.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I like the Quaker Oats High Fiber Oatmeal, cook it and wait a few minutes and throw a serving size of a high protein cereal in there to eat. Keeps me full for several hours and is about 300 calories.

Some days I like to take a Greek yogurt and mix an Emerald Nuts breakfast on the go snack pack in with it and eat it that way. About 400 calories and keeps me going for several hours.

Another option may be to use a cup of yogurt, a scoop of protein powder, and a cup of milk and shake it up to create a smoothie. About 400 calories and will last me for hours. One of my favorites is to use cherry flavored yogurt, chocolate protein powder and milk and shake it in my shaker cup instead of the blender and it tastes like a cherry chocolate cordial!!!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    80% of the time I'll have some oatmeal for breakfast and a piece of fruit, the last couple of days I had a multi-grain flatbread spread with hummus and rolled up, plus a kiwi fruit on the side. I also sometimes like a couple of Rye Krisp with peanut butter. Usually I'll have a small handful of mixed nuts for a mid-morning snack (or even an avocado with a little salt and pepper). I also try to work in an afternoon snack, and a post-dinner evening snack. If you're getting hungry by lunch, you might try something with some protein or fat for a mid-morning snack,
  • nickelsthoughts
    Options
    I am also on a low calorie diet. About 1350 a day. I try to eat a yogurt for breakfast and then a fruit a few hours later. I never have time for breakfast, but I'm never really hungry either. To me it's easier to break up my breakfast into two mini snacks. It's keeps me fuller longer and I'm okay for lunch which I eat a little later as well.

For instance I'll have either yogurt or a low calorie sugar free pudding (about 70 calories)

Snack will be an apple or grapes or carrot sticks. Sometimes I add a bit of peanut butter.

If you don't like that, I would go for a shake or smoothy. I use a cup ice, greek yogurt and a 1/2 cup frozen strawberries. Sometimes i throw in a scoop of protein powder other times not. I use frozen fruit because it lasts longer and I can alternate between my favorites.

I am currently eliminating grains from my diet. It has really helped although its hard to find quick snacks on the go. But I can't limit my grain intake to five servings a day and I had GI upset when I reintroduced them. My doctor suspects I may have gluten intolerance. I do eat starchy vegetables even though I'm not suppose to, but I love baked potatoes and baked beans.....

I also hate eating breakfast in the morning. On another note. My daughter is a nontraditional breakfast eater. Meaning she doesn't eat breakfast food. She'd rather eat a peanut butter sandwich, soup, or other things.