• lfrench12
    lfrench12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Height: Just shy of 5'2"
    SW: 240
    CW: 180
    GW: I'd be happy at anywhere between 110-120
    Calories: Between 1100-1200/day
    Exercise: Don't ask... :noway: My lack of exercise has kept my weight loss progession slow, but I'm just struggling to find a physical activity I find enjoyable. I absolutely despise the gym (I find it boring and tedious), so if anyone has any good suggestions on exercise that doesn't feel like exercise, I would love your input!!:smile:

If you want to try something that isn't boring or tedious you should check out Crossfit . The workouts vary from day to day and you usually don't know what it is until the class starts. I started going in September 2011 after being coaxed by two sisters-in-laws to do a women's boot camp, I had not worked out in forever and extremely out of shape. I cried and couldn't finish the workout the first night but I went back and I won one of prizes for biggest loser in boot camp and paid for my second round of boot camp.I have lost about 37 pounds and lots of inches and the first thing I noticed was I didn't have fat knees anymore and I was starting to see definition everywhere, I can now do sit-ups , push-ups,squats,dead lifts, pull-ups with a band and other exercises I thought I would never ever be able to do. The workouts can all be scaled individually to meet your fitness abilities. My Crossfit gym and coaches are the best. I am 44 yrs. old and looking to be my fittest body in about 16 years.:)
  • kikakiss
    kikakiss Posts: 7
    Options
    height: 5'3"
    sw: 147 or 149 not exactly sure, but I go with the lower of the two :)
    cw: 144
    gw: 120
    ugw: 115

calories set at: 1200 per day
    I just started on this 2 weeks ago. I try to stay at 1200 a day, but do go over sometimes. I am a little confused about eating back the calories i have burned, but i do eat them back sometimes if i'm hungry. if not then i don't this keeps me below 1200 for the day.
    exercise is minimal. i walk about 45 mins a day that all i get time for.
  • bmargs323
    Options
    Hey girls! Congratulations to you all losing and maintaing and striving for your goals :) .. if you guys can help me Id appericate it. I am unsure if I'm eating too little cals or too much. I was told but the doctor 1800 today, my mom 2000, then my dad 2,184 by this thing he used in a book and then my friend told me who just got certified trainer between 2,300- and 2,500 I was thinking 1,900? but i dont even know.. I'm getting overwhelmed and picky with certain foods cuz im like am I eating too much or too little? lame overwhelmed over nothing lol! so any help would be very much appericated :D Thanks!
    I am 5'2 and a half
    21 years old
    113lbs now
    I've lost a total of 110/ 107 lbs in 2 years all on my own with exercise
    Started using my fitness pal July 2011
    broke 100lb weight loss in January 2012
    Started a trainer Feb 22, 2012
    unsure how many calories to maintain now?

I work out 6 times a week too. Thanks so much :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Try this calculator for your TDEE. To maintain, you would eat your TDEE calories.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • mchughki
    mchughki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm 5'2" and I aim for 1320 calories a day, I try to stay right around or under that. I eat back some of my excercise calories, not all, really depends on the day and how hungry I am. Anybody looking for friends feel free to add me!

My SW: 125.4 lbs
    CW 123.6 lbs
    GW:110 lbs
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    My name's Sarah and I'm about 1mm under 5'2 haha.
    October 26th 2011 I started Lite n Easy (1200cal plan). With the occasional naughty indulgences I managed to lose 8.7kgs/19.14lbs in 3-4 months without exercise. Then I plateaued. Gained 0.7kgs/1.54lbs. Been on that plateau for over a month. On the 17th of March my partner and I went for a 4 fricken hour hike. Everyday since I've managed a minimum of 30 mins of exercise a day. Weight still didn't budge. Attempted Couch 2 5K on the 21st of March, gave me shin splints. Started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on the 26th of March.. First time I've ever experienced dripping sweat on my face, it actually stung, it stung alot that even a cool shower and aloe vera spray wasn't helping, I felt sunburnt. I didn't give up. My stamina has already increased. I've upped my calories to 1500 on Lite n Easy. Last night (Friday the 30th of March) I downed 600cals worth of Lindor Lindt chocolate (YUM!). MFP has helped me because my diary is public to friends and everyone could see I ate 600cal of chocolate.. 12am I was on the exercise bike, I burnt that 600 in about an hour and 15 minutes. Did an hour straight burnt 500, took a break, then did the final 100. Weight myself this morning.. Burtn 400g!!!! So EXTREMELY happy to burst through that plateau! Today, 500 burnt on the bike again, no Jillian Michaels (Only because the jumping jacks and butt kicks caused more shin splint pain). Target, burn 500cals a day. Power on through this weight loss.

SW: 87.7kg/192.9lbs (Heaviest I've been was 93kgs/204lbs back in the beginning of 2010)
    CW: 79.3kgs/174.46lbs
    GW: 60kgs/132

Would love friends with similar stats, add me! Need all the motivation I can get and I LOVE giving it back!
  • nevaeh1984
    Options
    5.2", 27 years old, hourglass shape. Started at 177, now at 150, aiming for 120.
    Initially I had a goal of 1200 a day but I actually ate around 1000... I didn't understand that my daily intake was a goal I should achieve, I saw it as a line I should avoid (don't know if that makes sense...)
    Every since I started exercising my weight loss has SLOWED DOWN!!! I joined the gym two months ago and in my head that was supposed to turbo boost my weight loss. But didn't work! Go figure! Anyway, I've recently upped my calories to 1350 a day (but I count them on a weekly basis, so some days are higher than others). I'm losing about 3 pounds a month, I guess that isn't soooo bad, but it seems slow compared to other people.
    All the best to us shorties!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a teenager(; I've been running the past 2 months (I'm running my first 5k ever today!!!) but that's about all I do as far as exercise goes. My lifestyle is sedentary since I'm a student. I'd say I'm just a normal build... I think?(;

5'3"
    SW: 155
    CW: 143.7 (this morning)
    GW: 120-122 (I have my ticker set for 120 though)
    Calories: 1,250 per day, but I usually get around 400 extra from running/walking/bicycling and I eat them back

I've lost 8 pounds on MFP since February 24th (I lost 3 before MFP), I've gotten too small for my workout clothes!!! (that's one of my biggest NSV's (; ), and I'm ready to lose the extra 24 pounds as soon as possible!!!(:
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!!!!!

I'm 27 yrs old

SW:223
    CW: 212
    GW:150
    UGW:130:happy:

My current calories goal is 1550 so I'm trying to keep close to that. I workout at 3 times a week. Zumba, Step Aerobics and lots of walking. Its hard to eat back my exercise calories. I'm working on that as we speak. So if anyone has any ideas. Let me know.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm somewhere between 5' 1"-5'3" lol
    HW 230
    CW 183.5
    GW 125-130

I want to be strong and sexy!! I workout at least 6 days a week and absolutely LOVE the healthy lifestyle! Eventually I might attain my personal training cert and also my cosmetology license..I want to make ppl feel good and beautiful!

Best of luck to everyone!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Age 35
    5'3

SW: 165lbs
    CW: 129
    UGW: 125

Begining BF: 33%
    Current BF: 16%

While losing ate at 1200 cals, ate excercise cals when I wanted to and felt hungry. I am currently in maintenance eating 1540 cals, working on fat loss, getting lean muscle mass and definition. If I get to UGW, that will be a plus, but I am satisfied where I am at weight wise. :happy:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    5'2 3/4''
    HW (before MFP): 183
    HW on MFP: 112
    LW: 104.6
    CW: about 104.6
    GW: I have no idea. I just want to lose some fat and gain some muscle.

Edit: I didn't see the other part. I'm working on upping my calories right now because everything has stalled, and I'll never build muscle at 1200. For the first 60 pounds of weight loss, I used the recumbent bike for an hour every day and weight trained. Then, as I was more able, I started using the elliptical. Now I mostly run. I couldn't even run the mile in high school (I weighed about 140 then, which I thought was pretty average), and now I run about 8 miles in an hour (which I could improve, but it's pretty good considering, haha). I want to start doing classes, but I'm poor and my gym doesn't offer them for free
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'2 I've been doing MFP for 50 days now and I've lost 13 lbs. My calorie goal is 1200. I work out 4 times/week. I mostly do cardio (Elliptical or Bike) and 1 day of weights. I've done classes too but lately I've been mainly doing the elliptical and maybe 1 day of Spinning.

SW: 174
    CW: 161
    GW: 135
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    height - 5' 3 1/2"
    age - 31
    SW - 185
    CW - 122.5
    GW - 115 (for now)

I am on a 1200 cal diet and I'm a lifer with the at home workout videos.
    P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, Zumba, and walking.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    37 Years old 5/2"

SW: 120
    CW: 115
    GW: 108-110

I exercise daily: 30 min cardio and hour of weights in the morning; 60 min brisk walk in the afternoon. This week I'm adding another form of cardio in the evening.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Add me if you're my "twin". :)

I'm around 5'2 1/2 to 5'3 (somewhere in there...)

Heaviest weight: 136
    Starting weight loss: 125
    Current weight (hmm... this is about 4 weeks old...time to weigh myself): 118
    Goal weight: 105
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    CW:178
    GW:120
    Turbo FIre 6 days a week, plus I jog with my dog for 45mins everyday
    I try and stay under 1350 calories. I try eating my calories back but still at a weight loss stall..
    Had a hysterectomy in my early 30's never had a weight problem until about 4yrs ago...
    I am now working with a doctor to see if I have any other issues that are preventing my weightloss?? I am determined and will not give up. I know that everything I am doing will make me healthier.
    Good Luck to all of you on your health and fitness goals....
    Remember do not give up keep pressing foreward....
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    GW: 115
    SW: 135
    CW:129

I eat 1200 -1500 calories a day, and eat back some but rarely all of my exercise calories
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    age 20

SW was 145
    CW is 119
    GW is about 112-115

I do little cardio, I lift 3 times per week and eat 2,000 calories a day most of the time.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm 23. I've been here since Feb.

SW 149
    CW 137/138 ish
    GW 125 ish

I work out 6 days a week. Currently doing 30DS M-F and alternating yoga and biking. Saturdays are yoga only :)

Net goal is currently set at 1250. I'm slowly increasing it to the 1400s

Feel free to add me! I love new friends!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!