bump
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I have a ton of baby spinach leftover and I need to use it up! Thanks for sharing!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting!
  • gelleebean44
    gelleebean44 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this idea! :) I tried it tonight w/baby spinach and I sprinkled half the batch w/just a little sea salt & paprika, the other half I sprinkled some Club House Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic seasoning. OMG So good! New snack for the Recipe file :)
  • Bzlilmom
    Bzlilmom Posts: 2
    Options
    If you get cravings for the salty crunchies, try this one out.

Preheat the oven to 275F. Spread out a cup of spinach on a baking sheet. Drizzle on about a teaspoon of olive oil and mix it around so all the spinach gets a nice light coating. Hit it with a little dusting of salt and any spices your heart desires (I like paprika on mine; garlic powder would be good too). Throw 'em in the oven 18 minutes, or until they get crispy (a little less time for baby spinach). Take 'em out of the oven and enjoy!

47 calories for a heaping pile of "chips"!

I had an idea to lay the spinach out on a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet just so it wasn't sitting in any excess oil, but I haven't tried this method out yet. Let me know if you do and how it works out.

BUMP!
  • Allisonshusband
    Options
    bump!
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I SO need to try this!! THANKS!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I just had to toss a huge bag of spinach because I didn't know what to do with it and it went bad! next time I buy it, I am surely making these! =)
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just tried this with baby spinach leaves. I am wondering if I used to much Olive oil. I sprayed mine with the olive oil spray but then I also added some extra OO. They were very fragile, are they supposed to be that way? Didn't taste bad. I used Salad supreme seasoning on mine. I was just wondering about how fragile they were. Almost disintigrated.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just made this with kale, and actually did a blind taste test on my dad. The conversation went something like this:
    Me: OK, dad, what is this? (puts kale chip in father's mouth)
    Dad: (chews) potato chip!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This was ridiculously delicious with garlic powder. I put mine on a paper towel after to catch the extra oil.

• LittleMissDoll
    Options
    I just made these. SO good they taste kind of like pumpkin seeds.. haha, I made mine with salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion salt. AMAZING
  • Piperette
    Piperette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • uyedej
    uyedej Posts: 18
    Options
    So going to try this!!!

Just to double-check is the full cup of spinach ONE serving?

(if it's anything like the kale chips i made, i ate the whole batch in one sitting) :D
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    bump!!! yummy!!!! :):):) Thanks