Beginners Walking Challenge - Session 2

Options

Replies

• taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! So I'm ashamed to admit I've been off my diet for 4 weeks :embarassed: BUT I'm back!! Today is day 1 and I'm very excited. Good luck all and be speaking to ya's soon!!! :happy:

Kristy:smokin:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers- How is everyone? I'm great. I did the 30 day shred today and in an hour or so I'm going to go walk 2 miles. I lost 2 pounds at weigh in today. I'm down from 353 to 288. I realy need to up my exercise and eat clean. I hope everyone has a great day! Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi guys, I just finished my 2 mile walk. :smile: It's a tad cooler here today and a bit overcast so I didn't have to wait for the sun to set. :flowerforyou: I purchased a stability ball and a set that has a weighted jump rope , resistance cord and a workout dvd with 4 10 minute workouts by the Firm . I love Ebay. :heart: I cant wait to start using that ball. :smile: I hope everyone is having a super Sunday! Cindy:heart:
  • flower121295
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I have been eating clean for four days now. Yay! I feel a ton better than I did last week. I also went off my antidepressants and today is day 3 without them. I think they were making me gain more weight. I havent gotten in my walks for the past couple of days but tomorrow is a new day. I will take some measurements and post them tomorrow. I started on thursday so wednesday I will weigh in. Have a great night everyone!!
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Walkers- How is everyone? I am great- right on track- 3 miles walked this morning and I just did 22 minutes of upper body strength training. I will walk 2 more miles tonight and do 50 pushups and 50 squats. :smile: I hope everyone is having a great day too. Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Way to go Cindy! Welcome back Kristy! And your improvements sound great Flower!

Still no walking yet, but on Saturday I did about 40 minutes of swimming. I alternated between upper body and lower body (did the crawl stroke--for upper body, I put those floaty-thingies between my legs & didn't kick and for lower body, I held on to a kick board and just worked my legs). In between the upper body stuff and lower body stuff, I did whole body (swimming the crawl with both arms & legs working). I really felt it to be an awesome workout!

Yesterday, I did an hour-long upper body workout with no cardio.

Today I did an intense 25-minute workout on the elliptical. I'm feeling pretty good about myself!

I hope you are all doing well, too. How's my spunkiemunkie doing out there? Any report on the foot yet?

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers- Deborah- You go girl !!!! :flowerforyou: Today I walked 4 miles and did level 1of the 30 day shred. :flowerforyou: I hope you all had a great day too. :flowerforyou: Cindy:heart:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Whew! I am definitely going (but not going as in the sense of going to the bathroom--in a bad way! :laugh: )!!

I did a cardio/strength class at the gym today - they call it the MIXX. That class can really kick your butt! Today, the instructor set up little stations & we rotated through them. We did 4 rotations and we changed a little bit at each rotation. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! It was like I was a kid again and it was recess! There was one lady right next to me who asked me if I had had some coffee right before working out. I didn't. I was just enjoying the music and the fact that my hubby and two of my buddies from work were there at the same time with me!

I burned a heck of a lot of calories (for me) and had a blast. What could be better?

I hope you all had a good day today and will have a good day tomorrow, too!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers, I just finished a 3 mile walk. On said walk i was offered a part time job at the store in our park. :bigsmile: I'm so happy!!!! I will do my upper body strength training, squats and pushups and walk 2 more miles tonight. Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just wanted to drop a really quick post and let you all know that I am back from vacation. Our youth group did an awesome job in North Carolina! We took 1st place in the graphic arts division :bigsmile: and our drama team had a strong performance as well (eventhough we did not place in that category):happy: !! Anyways, I had time to do a couple of workouts while we were there but I still managed to gain 3lbs. :sad: I think some of it is my TOM weight though, so I'm not too upset about it. Now it's back on the band wagon for me!

:flowerforyou:
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AH! You all are doing so good and I have just been getting worse these last couple of days. The weather has been horrible and my little one is teething like crazy (I think her 1st one is about to pop through) so I have been on constant entertainment duty because she is so fussy. I haven't walked in a few days. I haven't really done much of anything except go over my calories yesterday and a little bit of a mild workout for 1/2 an hour today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back into the swing of things.
    Cindy- you are my hero, you seem to always get your miles and workouts in!
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    AH! You all are doing so good and I have just been getting worse these last couple of days. The weather has been horrible and my little one is teething like crazy (I think her 1st one is about to pop through) so I have been on constant entertainment duty because she is so fussy. I haven't walked in a few days. I haven't really done much of anything except go over my calories yesterday and a little bit of a mild workout for 1/2 an hour today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back into the swing of things.
    Cindy- you are my hero, you seem to always get your miles and workouts in!
    Linds, I hope your daughter feels better soon. :flowerforyou: Thanks for the kudos! I love the changes in my body and I love exercise! I did 4 miles today and level 1 of the 30 day shred. Keep at it! You can do it!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Seems things have gotten a little quiet around here. I finally finished my classes. I feel like it was the 4th of July just last week - what a busy month. I decided to only take 1 class during fall semester, so I have more time to workout. I've really missed working out the last few weeks. So, I'm dusting off my food log and my tennies, and I will not touch the scale for a week. :drinker:
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Doing much better! Mowed for and hour yesterday then went for a 90 min walk with the little one...think it was about 3.5 miles. Already have a walk planned today witha partner so i can't back out!!!!!! I need to take advantage of this summer weather before its gone!

Hope everyone else is having a great week!!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    ugh! I fell off the "beginners walking challenge" wagon...but I'm back :smile: I went to NC for a vaca and then came home and worked worked worked!
    How's everyone doing?

I'm hoping to get back on track with exercise today. I want to start walking every day again. :flowerforyou: Hope everyone is doing well
  • cpafford79
    Options
    Good morning everyone! We are getting soaked here in Florida from TS Claudette. I hope everyone else is having better walking weather than we are! So, I have a question??? I haven't been exercising any these last 3 weeks (besides a walk here and there) but I have been staying on my diet. I am curious as to why my weight is still staying the same. I mean, doesn't MFP give us a calorie deficit? If I stay on my diet shouldn't at least some of the weight still drop off because of the deficit? I have been extremely tired here lately and I am thinking about getting my thyroid checked to see if there are any problems. Just thought I would ask for yall's input!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I do believe you should still be dropping weight. Have you checked your measurements? And are you strictly sticking to the MFP food log and drinking your water?

I don't think I'll be able to get in a walk today. I'm working a double shift today...and tomorrow. Hopefully I can get out a little earlier than normal so I can walk. Hope everyone has a great day today!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers- I just finished a 4 mile walk. wheww- I have to walk 4 miles in the morning on the days I work 4pm-8pm. I just don't feel like walking after I get home from work. Cpafford- I know that if I don't exercise but still stay within my calories I DO NOT lose anything. I think everyone is diferant but exercise is just as important as food to me. Welcome back Kid :flowerforyou: Go get those miles in everyone !!! Cindy :heart:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this challenge for this week? It does run one week at a time?

I do like to walk since I discovered Leslie Sansone Videos and that I can walk at Target or Wal-Mart (we don't have a nearby Mall :grumble: ).

I've been trying to walk 30-45 minutes several times a week and I could use the extra motivation / accountability.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi walkers- I just finished a 4 mile walk. wheww- I have to walk 4 miles in the morning on the days I work 4pm-8pm. I just don't feel like walking after I get home from work. Cpafford- I know that if I don't exercise but still stay within my calories I DO NOT lose anything. I think everyone is diferant but exercise is just as important as food to me. Welcome back Kid :flowerforyou: Go get those miles in everyone !!! Cindy :heart:

Same here, Cindy. I just can't lose weight without the exercise...no matter how good my diet. The good thing is...it doesn't take a lot of exercise. I can lose just by walking.