Do you judge how hard your workout was by how much you sweat

Options
2»

Replies

• katmont
    katmont Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes I do because sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough to get fit and feel like I have to do more.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I sweat when I do cardio.

A lot.

Doesn't matter what I do, really, although I tend to put 110% into whatever workout I'm doing, so maybe that's why.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    When I lift, I barely sweat (except during squats, I sweat a ton squatting), but I can walk on the treadmill for a few minutes and look like I've been running. Everyone's different.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    No I don't judge my workouts based on sweating. I don't sweat that much during an hour and a half of exercising which includes a 40 min. tape and the rest on treadmill @ at least 4.0 and doing c25k. But put my butt to cleaning the house and I'll be pouring. Not sure what the difference is. Maybe I'm just weird.
  • trina614
    trina614 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't because I live and FL and don't turn the air down upstairs where my gym is. So its normally 80 weather I workout inside or outside.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm asking because I have been doing 30DS and no matter how hard I workout I barely break a sweat BUT tonight I pulled out my old TaeBo Amped tape and was sweating buckets! And there was NO jumping what.so.ever. I felt like the TaeBo gave me a better workout.

Just wondering if you don't sweat do you feel you didn't get a good workout?

I judge it by sweating and soreness. but I know what you mean though I have some videos and work outs that I feel like it I have done nothing and others that I feel like I have ran 20 miles at a fast pace.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    no
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    no

Succinct. I have much to learn in this realm. :D
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not every time. I sweat more doing yoga than circuits.

Super TRUE! I wear a HRM....Polar FT40 and I never leave home without it. I'm a group fitness addict also....and when they turn on the fan and it's pointing right at me, I don't sweat so I feel like I haven't done much....then I check my HRM and see just how hard I really did work......it's worth it!

Also....I do HOT yoga...and I'm always the first one sweating. LOL. Same goes for group fitness.....sweat isn't really an indicator for me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    nope. thats why i have an hrm that tells me how hard ive worked in calories
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    No. I sweat buckets while I sleep and that's hardly a workout!

My understanding is that we sweat to regulate body temperature and therefore how much we sweat is affected by external factors (someone's already mentioned working out in Florida for example). I also understand that there is a genetic influence and some people just don't sweat that much and others do!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've got under active thyroid and I very rarely sweat, only time I sweated buckets was when I was taking Capsiplex before early morning exercises sessions and use to wear sauna belt and bin liner cos I thought you had to sweat to lose weight! ... interestingly I've never lost any more inches since I stopped (as was told it was dangerous), but have continued to lose pounds with less intense workouts.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your goals are. If it is weight loss, yeah, it is a good indicator. For myself, my workout plan was nothing so doing something and being nutritionally responsible is always going to be better.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't really sweat, unless i'm lifting weights, that makes my forehead a bit damp. :-)