What would you change your name to if you could?

Options

Replies

• smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think my name suits me perfectly, Samantha. I used to hate my name and wished that my name were something more exotic but, Ive grown to love it ♥
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with my name. Just a problem with the way it is spelled. My parents decided to name me Cristi and I get sick of telling people 'Cristi with a C, no h, e, or y.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    My best friend didn't like her first name and had no middle name, so she spent $40 and got it changed! She went from Lisa to Elisa Misette.
    I used my mother's last name for a while because it was easy to spell, but people still asked me to spell it; it's Scott!
    When people tell me they don't like their name I tell them for $40 they can fix that, (in NC).
    Lisa is by far my favorite name. If I have a daughter, provided that my partner agrees, I'm naming her Lisa, possibly short for Elisabeth.

I don't know what I would choose. I used to hate my name, Paige, because it was hard to pronounce with braces and a lisp and it's easy to make stupid paper jokes. It's also my middle name. I don't think I could go by Anna full time, though.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My name is perfect for me. I think I would suit Gabrielle or Gloria all right too though
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine and when i was 5 i BEGGED my parents to change my name to chrysanthemum because i read a book about a mouse named that and it had 13 letters......sure am glad they didn't listen to me back then.
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have never liked my first name, Jillian. My parents panicked when I was born a girl and named me after a doctor on some soap opera. Lame. They planned on naming me Stephen Hayes but SURPRISE! I'm a girl. Wish they would have planned better and come up with a better name.

Something like Aria Marie or Belle Elizabeth. I love the name Belle but not sure I quite live up to a name that big.
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I really like my name, Lauren, but when I update/give out my resume I sometimes wish I had a different one - I'm 16 and I feel like Lauren is a typical teenage name. I like unique names ad names that start with vowels.

Then again, places that are ok with hiring 16 year olds in the first place are probably also okay with the name Lauren..

I've always liked alot of boys names for girls and like I said, names that start with vowels. Ryan, Tyler, Taigen (favorite ever), Erin.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Addelyn.

I'm better at picking out boys names, though. I like Leo and Oliver for boys.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My name is Lacey and I've grown to love it. It's not very common and everyone I know is pretty fond of it as well. It also goes great with my boyfriend's name-Michael ;)

However, if I had to change my name I would choose:

-Alaska: inspired by a character in one of my favorite books
    -Jessie: mostly because I love it but also because I wanted to BE Jessie from Toy Story when I was a little girl
    -Ariel: who doesn't love the Little Mermaid?
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    My name is Meghan Rose.

But I'd change it to Murielle Meredith if I could.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like my name, but I think it suits me. I would have preferred Nikita, Lola or Stormy.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I created a fictional character for a novel I was writing. His name was Nick Sharpe. If I had to pick another name, it would be that.

That's a great name. It sounds like a dark and mysteriously handsome P.I. or a gritty N.Y.C. detective.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Addelyn.

I'm better at picking out boys names, though. I like Leo and Oliver for boys.
    My friends just had a daughter named Addalyn!

I love names that start with L and end with A. Lisa, Laura, Lydia. I also love Karen, and just about any flower name. I love lots of As too, like Amelia.

I like my last name even though it makes for a lot of sexual innuendos. It's hard to put with other last names, though, and I'd like to hyphenate when I marry. My boyfriend's last name is just not going to work for that though, if it were ever to happen years down the road, because Dixon and Handley is just too much.
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    My first name is Sinead..

I wouldn't change my name, but I would change how it's spelt!

Everyone thinks you actually say it like how it's spelt, when it's actually pronounced shenaid

I love the name Sinead! It's Irish and spelt with a fada over the e to give it the "A" sound!
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got reminded: I also love names after places for some reason.

Alaska, America, .... theres many more that I can't quite remember :) And whats with all the Paige haters! I love thatname!
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change my first name but I would like to have my grands last name with mine. And I would have added it to my son's name as well. They raised me and my papa is the only male with the name in our family. I don't want the name to die with them (Yeah, its a morbid thought, but I'm actually terrified of their passing). My son is named after him anyway. Natalie Dianne Jones is current name, wish Jones-Livaudais (live-a-days)
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My first name fits me, I think. It's Toni. The only thing I dislike is that it commonly gets mistaken for Toby or Tony.

If I were to change it, I would go with my middle name which is Catherine and add Brigitte.
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I wouldn't Change mine. I love mine, Michelle!
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    Diamond DiValentino... I like the name Diamond. I know its a stripper name but it sounds pretty...amd DiValentino is my relatives last name...ive also always liked the name "Angel" for a boy or girl and "Romeo" :glasses:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    YES! Sarah is way too common of a name. I'll be sitting in Starbucks and hear my name called out like four times at the drink bar.

My mom wanted to name me Abigail. I love that name. It's beautiful and unique and easy to spell and pronounce.