I'm starting the C25K tomorrow

Options
2»

Replies

• frogman4591
    frogman4591 Posts: 135
    Options
    I finshed C25K last Saturday and I will say that it is possible. just take it one step at a time and keep moving forward. It took me 11 weeks to complete it but i did not give up because of the encouragement of other MFP participants.
  • msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love the Couch to 5k Program!!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 3, actually repeating it because I only did Day 1 last week. You can do it, believe me :) Keep up the hard work, take it one workout at a time and repeat weeks if you need to!!
  • Ballybabe1
    Options
    I started c25k last november at 19st ! I completed the 9 weeks and I am still running 3 times a week. Its hard but I am so proud of myself for keeping it up and now I am 17st 5lbs so it works and I feel so much more healthier for it. If I did it, anyone can. Best of luck and as previous posters said, when the going gets tough just slow down. Your not racing anyone so as long as your going just slightly faster than a walk for you then you are jogging so stick with it and you will see the results. Good on ya for doing it.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ooh Im starting this next week and can't wait! Used to go running (badly!) many years ago...am a bit nervous about the world seeing my jiggly bits but the whole point of it is so there is less jiggly bits to see :D Good luck all, will keep an eye on this thread to see how people get on :)
  • racehazard
    Options
    I've finished it. Great feeling, and now 5K isn't a struggle!
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    So, any recommendations on sites/books/info for proper running form and breathing? While I largely understand it's a one foot in front of the other type of thing, I hate to start something (relatively) new, only to "teach" myself bad habits.