Getting in shape for the zombie apocalypse

Options
jg627
jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
Everyone seems to be scared of december 2012 when the mayan long count calendar recycles, end of the world and all that. I see it as an opportunity. If the world is going to be overrun with zombies, then let's get in shape so we can kill lots of zombies! Who's with me?

Replies

• howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well, it's as good a reason as any, I guess. Those pesky Mayans! Why'd they have to bring zombies into it?
  • jg627
    Options
    Remember, there won't be any factories running to make more bullets and they're going to run out quick, so you've gotta get in there with a sword or an axe and hack and hack and hack.
  • jg627
    Options
    Well, it's as good a reason as any, I guess. Those pesky Mayans! Why'd they have to bring zombies into it?
    Well I guess it's just you and me. The odds are not in our favor, but we'll have to train hard. We can do this!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    For those that need practice running from zombies https://www.zombiesrungame.com just thought it looked neat for those that are interested I use a shuffle to run this game almost makes me want to use my iphone
  • trina614
    trina614 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so in on getting in shape to take out zombies! This might be the way to get my bf to workout with me lol!!
  • trina614
    trina614 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    very good point now I need to work on my arms
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Rule No. 1 - Cardio!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Rule number one CARDIO! This is a big topic in my household. Where to go, what to bring, what to leave etc...My weapon of choice is a pink crow bar :) But it's heavy... time to get started on more weight training if I am to be swinging that around.
  • jg627
    Options
    I'm gonna go all medieval on some zombies with a suit of chainmail and a sword.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am totally in. I need to get my arm strength up!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This is the only reason I exercise and stay in shape. Everyone laughs now, but they wont be laughing when their brains are being eaten.
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am organizing a zombie run next autumn with my students... like this one:

http://runforyourlives.com/

If you are in Norway, stop by!!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Guess I better start doing cardio, gotta be able to run from the "walkers"!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm starting to run!! My boyfriend is in great shape and I don't want to be a burden when it happens. We have a zombie plan!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    This is the only reason I exercise and stay in shape. Everyone laughs now, but they wont be laughing when their brains are being eaten.

Not even joking my boyfriend is the same way
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape for the apocalypse is surly a great thing to do :) I say what ever motivates you do it :)
    WARNING: I'm about to burst your doomsday bubble for all you doomsdayers out there-
    There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today should be July 28th, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year.... so technically the world should have ended about 7 months ago.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Getting in shape for the apocalypse is surly a great thing to do :) I say what ever motivates you do it :)
    WARNING: I'm about to burst your doomsday bubble for all you doomsdayers out there-
    There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today should be July 28th, 2013.
    Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year.... so technically the world should have ended about 7 months ago.

This^^^^

Don'tcha just hate it when facts get in the way of a good zombie kill?
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am organizing a zombie run next autumn with my students... like this one:

http://runforyourlives.com/

If you are in Norway, stop by!!

Haha there is one in Texas in December...guess I need to start training for 5k. I guess it would be bad form to kill the zombies on the trail...
  • BrainandGirth
    Options
    There is this phone app for android and Iphones called Zombie Run! While you run a voice comes over your music, that tells you a story that the zombie apocalypse has come...you have to get medicine, food etc to bring back home. While you run it will tell you zombies are coming, and you have to run from them. Its interval training.

You can pick the speed of the zombies, evil dead slow or 28 Days Later uber fast. You can pick the level of infestation as well. I will admit I am ready for the zombie apocalypse!

Its a fun little program
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For those that need practice running from zombies https://www.zombiesrungame.com just thought it looked neat for those that are interested I use a shuffle to run this game almost makes me want to use my iphone

It's a pretty fun game to run with. Only problem is I think my run pace is too fast because I never get chased by zombies, only once during a walk portion of my run did they come after me but it does add a little different entertainment to just music