How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Options

Replies

• mousecat84
    Options
    It's such a great thread to read! I recently acquired a copy but have yet to try it. I really should start, and this thread is giving me that motivation...!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Completed LVL1 day 4 yesterday. I am not doing it everyday. I am switching between that and cardio. I used 3lb weight yesterday and my polar ft4 said I burned 166 calories. My 2 year old was having fun jumping around next to me while I was working out.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    so i decided to skip a day yesterday...my body was telling me i should rest so i did. tonight i may do a level 1 and a level 1 a few hours apart just for skipping. lol. i dont feel guilty i just needed rest and i am kinda excited to do level 2
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Currently at Day 11. I am loving it so far! I've been adding JM's Kickbox Fastfix to it too, which is enjoyable.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My progress pics show how well The Shred can work! I have a long way to go, But It definitely works If you put 100% into it, and don't quit! :)
  • OhShesaPistol
    OhShesaPistol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    my progress pictures are my main photo, that is from both the 30DayShred and RippedIn30. But I lost 17 pounds, eating very clean and upping my weights to 8lbs. I love Jillian, she's finally the trick I needed!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    awesome progress pics themrscraig and smplycomplicated. keep up the good work. i cant wait til i can post something as progressed as those. im on day8 of level1
  • OhShesaPistol
    Options
    thanks mongirl, keep it up! and soon you'll have awesome progress pictures! :D
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    awesome progress pics themrscraig and smplycomplicated. keep up the good work. i cant wait til i can post something as progressed as those. im on day8 of level1

Thanks! Soon you will be showin of those pics too! :)
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    thanks ladies. i hope so. im down an inch on both legs and calves....now just to get the rest of my body to lose too.
  • OhShesaPistol
    Options
    down an inch is great! it is progress :D i wish i would have taken measurements :( i have nothing to compare but pictures! I was a little weary of numbers, I weigh 152.8 and I suppose I carry it well, always been more of an athletic build so even the scale sometimes aggrevates me! so i just went with pictures.
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I heard a JM podcast awhile ago where she said the marketing folks came up with the title... she actually doesn't advocate doing the same thing every day for 30 days. Her suggestion = 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest... repeat. It will take longer to complete this way, but it gives your body time to repair itself and it helps with muscle confusion so you don't adapt too quickly to doing the same thing all the time. Others have suggested alternating 30DS with another of her DVDs (yoga or ripped in 30 or something), but you still need to give yourself a rest day once a week. I'm working through level 1 right now, and it is getting easier, especially because I'm adding in 1-2 days of cardio per week so I feel like I can go longer and stronger. Nervous about doing L2 though, everyone says it's so much harder!
  • OhShesaPistol
    Options
    level 2 had me cussing her at times. but i had determination for the first time ever. and another friend on MFP who was a couple days ahead of me. she kept pushing me on, but lord i felt like i had shaken baby syndrome after level 2. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I'm a pear body shape and I'm noticing it doing wonders for my thighs and butt area. My arms are getting a great toning too but nothing for my abs yet.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and lost almost 10 inches and 11.6 lbs from it. It is a great workout with many benefits. Jillian is brutal, but she gets the job done!!!
  • Foxefabuluz
    Foxefabuluz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have begun and stopped the 30 Day Shred several times because I am usually so burnt out from all my other cardio daily that I can't do anything else by the time I get home.

I finally decided to make it a 4:00 a.m. workout instead of a evening workout and I am currently on Day 9 no breaks.

It's a good workout and I imagine it could be hard on the knees but I'm a runner and do tons and tons of cardio that it doesn't bother me.

I will say that I was hoping I would be able to move to Level 2 after 10 days however, I am still struggling with my 5 pounds weights doing those side lunges and arm raises so looks like it might be a 45 day Shred for me (I have no upper body strength). I'm not moving on until I've mastered each level. I have sat and watched the other two levels and they seem challenging so I'm going to move on at my own pace.

I haven't done any measuring, however, I can see more definition in my arms and back already and I am getting stronger and stronger on those push ups.

So in a nutshell I say try it you will like it and don't forget to stretch good before and after as everyone has suggested.

Blessings!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    thank you. i am a tad nervous about level 2 also from the comments on it but if its not hard it wont do what we want it to i suppose.
  • OhShesaPistol
    Options
    GREAT positive thinkin' mongirl! that right there is what gives you progress! anyone can do ANYTHING they put their mind to!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I heard a JM podcast awhile ago where she said the marketing folks came up with the title... she actually doesn't advocate doing the same thing every day for 30 days. Her suggestion = 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest... repeat. It will take longer to complete this way, but it gives your body time to repair itself and it helps with muscle confusion so you don't adapt too quickly to doing the same thing all the time. Others have suggested alternating 30DS with another of her DVDs (yoga or ripped in 30 or something), but you still need to give yourself a rest day once a week. I'm working through level 1 right now, and it is getting easier, especially because I'm adding in 1-2 days of cardio per week so I feel like I can go longer and stronger. Nervous about doing L2 though, everyone says it's so much harder!

Thank you so much for posting this. So many people take on that "30 Days straight" mantra, even though it does not say that on the package and they end up hurting themselves and dropping out midway. She also does not say, 10 days on each level, Jillian says, "when you feel you are ready, advance to the next level". Knees and lower back injuries are most common when people try to do it straight through. I personally love the program but learned the hard way how to do it right. If you already have back and knee issues, follow what the DVD says on the screen - check with your doctor first and modify the moves.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    yes thank you for posting....now i can explain this to my husband who is set on the title "30 day shred" lol. glad i took a night to rest. and today i bought the no more trouble zones so i cant wait to try something new.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!