Ladies- How many hours of cardio and strength do you do dail

Options

Replies

• kaydensmom12
    Options
    3 times a week for an hour.
    I will lift for about 45 minutes and then do elliptical for 15-20 minutes.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Monday - run 3 miles
    Tuesday - run 4-5 miles
    Wednesday - 1 hour Arc and weights
    Thursday - run 3 miles and weights
    Friday - 1 hour Arc and weights
    Saturday - long run (I am up to 10 miles this week)

I am training for a 1/2 marathon and I am doing Jamie Eason for weight lifting, so I am working different muscle groups each day during the week.
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Monday, Tues, Friday and Sunday 45 mins strength (with 15 mins cardio)
    Wed, Thursday and Saturday 45 mins cardio = Walking
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not real strict about it, but I strive for:

45-60 min aerobic 5-6 evenings a week
    30 min of strength training 3 days a week

4-5 work days a week I also do 50 modified (desk) pushups, 50 tricep dips and 100 squats (no added weight) plus may some lunges and stretches, depending on how much time I have on my work breaks.

I have just added the c25k as I train for a 5k in June. Sometimes I skip the other aerobic workout, sometimes I do the c25k in the morning and still do the other aerobics in the evening.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Currently, I am working out everyday- I do an hour and a half of Tae Bo 7 days a week.
    I am going to start using weights next week :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    1) How many days a week do you do cardio and strength training.
    Monday-Saturday Strength and Cardio (alternating upper and lower body every other day, abs every day) at the gym and some cardio at home on Sundays

2) How long are your cardio and strength sessions?
    During "gym days" I am there around 2-2.5 hours a day. Most of the time I do around 75% Strength Training 25% Cardio.
    Sundays I just do cardio at home, this includes walking, spring cleaning, that type of stuff.

3) What's your go to strength and cardio exercise?
    I almost exclusively use dumbbells for my upper body. I use benches for sit ups, obliques, seated knee raises and back extensions. I use 2-3 arm machines, 6 leg machines, yoga ball for squats and crunches. I also do things like lunges and planks. I sometimes mix it up and use random machines at the gym but most of the time I am pretty busy. I am starting to think about using free-weights and maybe try lifting "heavy". I am curious to see how much I bench :)
    I love the elliptical and treadmill. Bikes don't get my HR up enough :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to get in 6 days of cardio and 2 - 3 days of lifting.

I walk every day at lunch for 45 minutes @ 3.5mph

I also walk dogs in the evening 2 times a week for 45 minutes @ 3.0 mph

I do 30 minutes of elliptical 2-3 days a week

and I follow New Rules of Lifting for Women. Currently on the 2nd week of stage 1 (redoing it for the 2nd time)
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba for my cardio. I have the Xbox Kinect game, the one that just came out last month: Zumba Fitness: Rush. It's super intense if you put your all and all into it, which i do. Lots of people say you get a awesome workout in the class because you push to keep up with the instructor and class more than you would on your own. But everyone is different you know? for me, this is my only cardio right now(I want to see just how well Zumba works), so I push myself beyond the limit every step! By the middle of the song, I'm dripping sweat and exhuasted! that's how I know I'm doing it right and getting my fiance's valentine's gift money's worth!:laugh: I plan to finish the game before I attend a class so I can do just that, and hopefully look amazing for class and also have my stamina built up. I have been trying to do Zumba for 30min atleast 4 days a week. working on increasing to 6 days.

I strength train 6 days a wk. I find that my body responds best and shows results if I change it up very often. I'm talking every workout often. i do upper body one day and lower the next, repeating through the week, and changing the pattern each week. I change small things and it makes such a difference. for example, I increase weight every session. no excuses. that makes me push hard for each session knowing it's gonna be harder next time. even if it's only a 5lbs increase, i push for something more each session. another change I'm trying to empliment is introducing a different excercise for a muscle group every few days to further muscle confusion and keep my body guessing.

I've been doing this all March and it's the best change I could have made to my weight loss journey. Since October, I've only lost 3lbs a month. I've already lost 6lbs this month! and 3 inches off my waist (stomach)!:love: I can't wait to see how much weight I've lost by the end of this month!
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    oh yeah. I strength train for about an hour, maybe a little more. I don't like to set a time, cause I will be worried about the time and not the workout. I leave myself a 2 hour window. that works great. gives me time for the sauna too!:laugh:
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    standard week when the 9-5 fills most of the day, i do 1 hour of cardio 3-4 days a week, and aim to burn 400-500 calories a session.

3 days a week i lift heavy(ish) weights and don't do cardio at all, other than walking the mile and a half to and from the gym.

on vacation weeks (like this one) i OD on cardio in attempts to look nice in my bikini next week. so that's every other day aiming for 800-900 calories burned/session until i get on the plane.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Let's see...

cardio 20 - 30 minutes six days a week daily walking the dogs (3 - 4 mph pace)
    strength 80 - 90 minutes six days a week of yoga (vigorous)

Sometimes bonus activities will get squeezed in there as well. I'm very pleased with my figure at this point. The only way it will get better is if I drop the sugary snacks and eat lean protein and that isn't likely. :)
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do 3+ hours of strength a week and 2 hours of cardio
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    5/6 days a week at the gym.
    Minimum 30 minutes elliptical trainer. Usually 45 minutes.
    30 minutes on the bike.
    25 minutes strength training 3/4 times a week.
    Fitness DVD 5/6 times a week.
    And I walk a lot too, recently. :)
  • TinyTee106
    Options
    I tend to work out 3 times a week, mixing it all up so probably 45 mins of cardio and then 35 mins of strength, or i spend an hour

doing cardio twice a week and then strength training 1 hour once a week,

so my body doesnt get useto the exercise

:-)
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    lifting 4 days a week, 45-60 mins
    cardio 4 days 30-60 mins depending if i run or not

cardio: spin or running, sometimes eliptical
  • clairieb
    clairieb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try to get in about 3 45 minute-1 hr sessions of strength training and 2 45 minute-1 hr cardio sessions per week. On Sundays I take a nice long walk with the dogs or ride my bike next to my man who runs with the dogs. I tend to stick to the elliptical on cardio days, but sometimes take a class if I show up at the gym in time. My strength training routine was built for me by my trainer, and is pretty much a form of circuit training. It gets my heart going like nothing else I've ever done, and I always feel amazing afterwards!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    5 - 6 DAYS of no more than an hour of cardio and 30 an hour of strength training every other day, with at least a day of rest every week was a typical week for me. Getting back to that again now.
  • tristyn_04
    Options
    Here's my workout schedule:
    -5 days/week i'm at the gym
    2 days I start off with 30 min of incline walking (usually at 8 incline and 3.0 mph), then a strength group, then 20 min on the stairmaster machine (Total calories burned for me is about 300)
    3 days I do turbo kick boxing at my gym (60 min) and then a strength group afterwards (total calories burned about 1000)
    I've done this schedule religiously for the last month and I'm down 15 lbs (including eating good)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do cardio. My cardio is usually running and walking on a treadmill or the eliptical. If I am on the eliptical, I go for 45 min. straight. If I am doing the treadmill, I go for 30 min and do 15 min. on the elipticle. I try to mix it up so I dont get bored on the treadmill and the longest I can go on the treadmill is 30 min. right now. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I am in a cyling class for 45 min (working hard) and then I have 15 min. left over so I lift weights. Hope this helps.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    circuit/strength 1 hour.
    cardio 1 hour.

6 days a week.

i alternate it so my body doesn't get used to it..
    today i did cardio in the morning for an hour. and in a bit i will do my circuit/strength for an hour.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!