Baked Chicken Breast Recipes

Options

Replies

• Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Try layering a baking dish with some garlic, grape tomatos and cannellini beans. Season some chicken thighs with robust, italian seasonings.. ie, basil, oregano, garlic.. and a squeeze of lemon ya know :) Then roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, usually at about 375.

You get yummy, juicy chicken thigh with some roasted veg
  • TinyTee106
    Options
    You cano so many different things with chicken, as in baking wise,

- Butterfly it and stuff with whatever you like i.e cheese, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, then wrap it in some parma ham, and wrap in a parcel and cook.

- Chicken chasseur - a tomato chicken dish but is absolutely yummy.

- Chicken casserole - served with ,mash.

- butterfly chicken with differnent herbs on top to give it more of a flavor.

- breaded chicken ( chicken dipped in flour , egg , and breadcrumbs ) then stuck in the oven.

For most chicken dishes they go well with mash potato, and fresh veg, and you can make them low calorie as well, they are also easy recipes and take bout 20-40 mins to cook as well.
  • vegagirl2012
    Options
    bump
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    The easiest thing ever - marinate a family pack of chicken breast (boneless/skinless of course) in fat free Italian dressing (1 bottle) overnight or all day while you are at work. Remove the chicken and put in another dish and bake until cooked. It is delicious. I serve it with mashed potatoes, (mix with skim milk or plain yogurt or no fat sour cream and garlic powder) fried cabbage, not really fried, just chopped and cooked in a non stick pan or pan sprayed with no cooking spray. Unfortunately, you do have to toss the leftover dressing but sooooo worth it!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas to try. Thanks!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I throw mine into a Ziplock bag the night before with a seasoning from Penzey's Spices called Chili 3000. I broil them, dice them and then put them on whole wheat tortillas with a couple of teaspoons of guacamole and fresh spinach. I can take the ingredients to work and assemble there for lunch. I love Penzey's Spices!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You can find panko bread crumbs at Wal-Mart and specialty grocery stores like Trader Joe's!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    YUM!!!
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All of these sound yummy, gonna have to try a few.
    :bigsmile:
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump - I'm starving now and these all sound good!
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • khime1208
    khime1208 Posts: 138
    Options
    Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken

*You can use whatever variation of ingredients you want - I just chose these because they're low in sodium.

6 Giant Eagle Nature's Basket - All Natural Fresh Chicken - 99% Fat Free Hand Trimmed Boneless Skinless Breasts, 4 oz. each
    1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
    1 can Kuner's Black Beans No Salt Added, drained
    1 jar Pepper Dog - Salsa
    1 cup Green Giant Niblets Whole Kernel Corn (Frozen)
    1 envelope McCormick's Chili Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium

Rinse off chicken & place in a baking dish. Top with soup, beans, corn, salsa & seasoning mix. Mix around with a spoon until it's all blended and covering all of the chicken.

You can either make this in your crock pot on low for 6 hours, or in the oven. I covered it with foil at 350 for 2 hours, then dropped the temperature to 300 for a last hour, uncovered.

Serve with rice.

Trying this tonight...bump
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • khime1208
    khime1208 Posts: 138
    Options
    Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken

*You can use whatever variation of ingredients you want - I just chose these because they're low in sodium.

6 Giant Eagle Nature's Basket - All Natural Fresh Chicken - 99% Fat Free Hand Trimmed Boneless Skinless Breasts, 4 oz. each
    1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
    1 can Kuner's Black Beans No Salt Added, drained
    1 jar Pepper Dog - Salsa
    1 cup Green Giant Niblets Whole Kernel Corn (Frozen)
    1 envelope McCormick's Chili Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium

Rinse off chicken & place in a baking dish. Top with soup, beans, corn, salsa & seasoning mix. Mix around with a spoon until it's all blended and covering all of the chicken.

You can either make this in your crock pot on low for 6 hours, or in the oven. I covered it with foil at 350 for 2 hours, then dropped the temperature to 300 for a last hour, uncovered.

Serve with rice.

Trying this tonight...bump

Okay so I just finished dinner and this was amazing...just not sure how to log it.

I will definitely be having this again
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    bump
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, I'm making Chicken Breast for Thursdays dinner...I'll definitely be trying one of your ideas!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    bump
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Not baked chicken, but uses chicken breasts and they are so good!

Buffalo Chicken "Cupcakes"
    Source: Emily Bites Original

Ingredients:
    2 c cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped up small
    4 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedges, chopped
    3 T Buffalo wing sauce (I used Anchor Bar brand)
    ½ a celery stalk, chopped small
    16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
    4 oz (1 cup) reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
    1. Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
    2. In a microwavable bowl, combine the chicken, cheese wedges and wing sauce. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high. Stir to combine until chicken mixture is fully coated with cheese and wing sauce. Stir in the chopped celery pieces.
    3. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
    4. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.

Yields 8 “cupcakes.” Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 per cupcake (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
    Nutrition Information per "cupcake" from myfitnesspal.com: 149 calories, 9 g carbs, 5 g fat, 16 g protein, 0 g fiber
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump